Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Cool, do you know which exam boards you will be on?
    Maths AQA, Science OCR A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Maths AQA, Science OCR A
    I'll be on Edexcel for physics/maths/f.maths but OCR for chemistry

ReputationRep:
    I'll be on Edexcel for physics/maths/f.maths but OCR for chemistry
    I'm worried about Chemistry, I think I'll do really well in the other 3 though. I want to do Engineering or Physics at Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried about Chemistry, I think I'll do really well in the other 3 though. I want to do Engineering or Physics at Oxford.
    Yeah, Chemistry is apparently the most difficult A level so I'm quite worried about it as well...So I assume you want to become a scientist or engineer? I'd prefer to go to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Chemistry is apparently the most difficult A level so I'm quite worried about it as well...So I assume you want to become a scientist or engineer? I'd prefer to go to Cambridge
    I don't know what I want to do when I'm older but I enjoy Physics and Maths so it seems logical. Also Cambridge is know more for the sciences than Oxford but for some reason Oxford appeals to me more, I have been to both on school trips and looked at their websites etc. My only worry is my poor work rate. I really should have got A*s across the board but I'll only end up with 4 or 5 due to not taking GCSEs seriously enough in Year 10. I just hope I put the effort in at A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    hey Ryan , can you help me out on this questions 8-11 mate, I'm very baffled lol
    alright .. give me a minute

ryan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jatz07)
    hey ryan , can you help me out on this questions 8-11 mate, i'm very baffled lol hehe
    q8.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  picture062 - Copy.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  55.3 KB

q9.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  picture063 - Copy.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  54.2 KB

q10.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  picture064 - Copy.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  56.9 KB

q11.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  picture065 - Copy.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  86.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what I want to do when I'm older but I enjoy Physics and Maths so it seems logical. Also Cambridge is know more for the sciences than Oxford but for some reason Oxford appeals to me more, I have been to both on school trips and looked at their websites etc. My only worry is my poor work rate. I really should have got A*s across the board but I'll only end up with 4 or 5 due to not taking GCSEs seriously enough in Year 10. I just hope I put the effort in at A-Level.
    Yeah, A levels are more important factors compared to GCSEs. Well, good luck in your studies!

ReputationRep:
    Revision tip:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sleep/crt/

For those who haven't done this, I recommend you go through the short quiz on that website since it will tell you when you are most alert (ideal for revision! ) and when you are least alert during the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    x
    Hey Ryan,
    I came across this question in a chemistry past paper and the question seems easy but I still managed to get the wrong answer. How would you answer it?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ryan,
    I came across this question in a chemistry past paper and the question seems easy but I still managed to get the wrong answer. How would you answer it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  picture070 - Copy.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  93.7 KB

it not tricky tbh... i cba to type .. plus i thought it would be a maths q

ReputationRep:
    Nice, it's amazing how you managed to get such a good grade and yet they still asked you to redo it! :cool:
    I did the Unit 1 exam this year as I did the Unit 2 one last year (got a B in it though ). For the Unit 1 exam, Section A was okay (I'm doing the Crucible) but I ran out of time on Section B (Of Mice and Men) so my response for it I don't think was that good for it. But I'm relieved that I won't have to do it again. Do you do French by any chance (for AQA)? That's interesting combination of subjects for A level (although I never liked biology as much as physics/chemistry before ). I'm doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Further Maths and good luck with your medicine ambitions (I assume you want to become a doctor? ). I've decided to become a scientist (hopefully physicist doing research) but my backup option would be aeronautical engineer. Have you considered any universities you want to go to in the future? :cool:
    ah thank you i absolutely refused to re-do it lol!! well done ohh ok, i did the short stories, think it was ok, but yeah same i had about 8 minutes to do the part B for the OMAM question so hopefully it won't affect my mark overall! my coursework was 39/40, so that should compensate though wbu? nope, i do french, spanish and italian however our school only uses Edexcel- sorry! nooooo lol, i cannot stand physics, in fact i am realllly struggling to get through all of it!! so glad that it's after chem and bio though! ooh that sounds interesting, good luck yep, i am hoping to maybe go into paediatrics erm, well i live quite near to southampton, so that may be a possibility! how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zippyzazu)
    ah thank you i absolutely refused to re-do it lol!! well done ohh ok, i did the short stories, think it was ok, but yeah same i had about 8 minutes to do the part B for the OMAM question so hopefully it won't affect my mark overall! my coursework was 39/40, so that should compensate though wbu? nope, i do french, spanish and italian however our school only uses Edexcel- sorry! nooooo lol, i cannot stand physics, in fact i am realllly struggling to get through all of it!! so glad that it's after chem and bio though! ooh that sounds interesting, good luck yep, i am hoping to maybe go into paediatrics erm, well i live quite near to southampton, so that may be a possibility! how about you?
    I got 38/40 for coursework (although it's going to be moderated) and I managed to run out of time for section B, but I had around 20 minutes for it...Hopefully Section A response will compensate for that (I did The Crucible)...You take 3 languages? :eek: Yeah, I'm glad to have physics last since I'll be able to spend the entire weekend before it revising for that subject. In the next 2 weeks I will have had around 10 exams! I'd ideally like to go to Cambridge to do Natural Sciences but if not, I want to go to a university which offers a year abroad option, so I can spend an entire term studying in a different country

ReputationRep:
    I got 38/40 for coursework (although it's going to be moderated) and I managed to run out of time for section B, but I had around 20 minutes for it...Hopefully Section A response will compensate for that (I did The Crucible)...You take 3 languages? :eek: Yeah, I'm glad to have physics last since I'll be able to spend the entire weekend before it revising for that subject. In the next 2 weeks I will have had around 10 exams! I'd ideally like to go to Cambridge to do Natural Sciences but if not, I want to go to a university which offers a year abroad option, so I can spend an entire term studying in a different country
    Well done aha, cool we did OMAM, but yeah hopefully it'll be ok! I'm worried that most people found the poetry quite simple (i did relationships cluster) so the grade boundaries might be high :confused: Lol yep, i finished my Latin (wjec, much easier than gcse haha!) at the end of year 10, so opted for a short course in Italian this year Wow, I have 10 exams left too, but my last one is Statistics (24th June!), not really looking forward to it... I have history tomorrow which I'm absolutely dreading :eek::zomg: Wow, that sounds really cool- go for it I wish I could just go travelling for a while, and then come back to go to university... *sigh* lol

ReputationRep:
    So this exam is one week! pretty much confident on the content apart from the damn kidneys and digestive system and all the boring stuff like soil and leaves -_- anyone know any really good revision resources for this exam? like videos and stuff?

also I got 134/140 in unit 1 and 41/48 in CA, what do I need in this exam for A*? ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    So this exam is one week! pretty much confident on the content apart from the damn kidneys and digestive system and all the boring stuff like soil and leaves -_- anyone know any really good revision resources for this exam? like videos and stuff?

also I got 134/140 in unit 1 and 41/48 in CA, what do I need in this exam for A*? ??
    Hi, no idea...

But for an A* in UMS I'd say you need about 138/160? Which tbh will almost definitely be less than 50/85 raw marks

Can we ask questions or something? I've not a clue with biology

ReputationRep:
    I've officially given up on Bio, just gonna go in the exam and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    i havent revised for science properly in over 2 months...im confident

hopefully the boundaries will be low as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Hi, no idea...

But for an A* in UMS I'd say you need about 138/160? Which tbh will almost definitely be less than 50/85 raw marks

Can we ask questions or something? I've not a clue with biology

That sounds pretty sweet, I did a mock with like next to no revision and got 56/80...

you want to ask each other questions? haha sure

what are the stages of DNA fingerprinting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    That sounds pretty sweet, I did a mock with like next to no revision and got 56/80...

you want to ask each other questions? haha sure

what are the stages of DNA fingerprinting?
    Oh my god :lol:

I'll start

What are the stages of DNA fingerprinting?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.