The Student Room Group

Have you ever been insulted about your looks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I got called fatty by my horse riding instructor once. I wanted to kick him where it hurts, cus I know i'm actually a fairly normal size, definetly not fat. But I couldn't because there was about 20 little kids about. Damn circumstances. :unimpressed:
Original post by kirstyy93

Okay, I'm not sure if I copied the right one, but here's a pic, just ignore my face haha!

http://imgur.com/m0LJtA8

You got picked on for that?! Were there no fat ginger kids that always pissed themselves in your year?

Can't lie they are kinda cool eyes...

Original post by Dami_O
Your face is the whole picture though? Ha... Don't ignore it guys, you won't regret it :smile:

You sly old fox
Original post by SillyMilly
Ive got an underdevloped optic nerve in my left eye and as a result in turns in slightly i think its by 1 mm but its clearly noticable especially when im tired, stressed or upset.

Ive had people laugh point at me, talk about it behind my back a girl at uni told me that if she had something as embarssing as I do she wouldnt show her face until it had been operated on. I went through life without many people ever commenting on it, until i went to uni when the people have been cruel and vile. They dont think about what they say they say things like 'oh you look like the russell howard guy he has a funny eye too' or 'why are you crossed eyed' ' why is your eye wonky' 'cant you get that fixed'

Or the worse thing has been when people talk about it behind my back they laugh about it and of course it gets back to me people who cant remeber me refer to me as the girl with the wonky eye

I wish people would just come up and ask me about it as its not a lazy eye, i cant have it operated on theres a 80% risk if i do i will go blind in both my eyes, people just dont realise how hurtful what they say is.

Ive also been taken the piss out for my height (5ft11) or my chubby cheeks or being to fat or to skinny

You're beautiful, take no notice :smile:
I've been dumped because he "prefers nice skinny girls", if that counts :unimpressed:
Original post by Mr Advice
You shouldnt be offended if you get told you look like another race - I think it's a compliment; it certainly isn't deregortary. I often get told I look oriental and even a bit Chinese but I actually find it welcoming. It's nice to look a little different to your race I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's not that, they knew exactly what race I was, but they were joking about it. I felt a bit victimised and they would throw all different nationalities at me, as if I had no real ethnic identity.
I don't care what race I look like, but I am proud of the race I am, so I wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy.
Yes, although actually less times than you would expect if you saw me in RL.

Some boys in primary school used to laugh at my hair (it was very thick and bushy) and say it looked grey :confused: It didn't, it was just light brown :frown:

A boy shouted ugly across the road at me when I was 12. :mad:

Oh, and some boys in year 8 were laughing at my lack of chest :frown:
Yeah, I've had many people call me fat and others comment on my crooked teeth when I was younger.
I suffer from bad cystic acne and people often stare and some say that I need to wash my face with soap everyday, like I'm not doing anything... :rolleyes:
Fortunately though, it is ever so slightly getting better with age.

I guess bullying happens to all of us at some point in our lives...
(edited 11 years ago)
Kids at secondary school can be so mean... :frown:
Reply 228
Okay, so this thread didn't make me feel completley depressed.

I hope I don't end up like Bruce Willis character in Friends when he played Rachels boyfriend and couldnt stop crying over his insults he got? I hope not, cos it seems i could be going that way!

'CHICKEN BOY'
I've been called a "slant-eyed monkey" before because of my Chinese heritage (does this count as an insult about my looks?). I used to be called "midget" and "pipsqueak" in primary school because I'm really small for my age. I'm 4"9 and 15 years old. I was also called "brick nose" in primary school too and only once in secondary school. As a result, I hated the way I looked when I was younger and had my confidence shattered continuously by cruel remarks about my looks but now I don't. Now, I'm happy with the way I look. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 230
In year four I started to hang out with a girl who was previously friends with two other girls. She left them because of me so they chanted "Ugly!Ugly!Ugly!" whenever they saw me. They didn't call me anything in specific though. I was the quiet girl and didn't bother talking to anyone. If I did get bullied it was by my best friend. That's right- best friend xD She kept telling others I copied her... she was my best friend for the very reason she bullied me for: We shared interests. In secondary school I got bullied because I supposedly was bossy towards the dominant cool girls. It was teamwork and I expressed an opinion different to theirs :/ Back then school was like an animal kingdom! Step out of line and you're put back- by force! But it all ended well. They chased me home, I ran like it meant my life, never saw them since then really. For unknown reasons they all left school or were excluded.
Reply 231
Original post by igloo1
I got called fatty by my horse riding instructor once. I wanted to kick him where it hurts, cus I know i'm actually a fairly normal size, definetly not fat. But I couldn't because there was about 20 little kids about. Damn circumstances. :unimpressed:

You sure he was serious? I get called fatty by one of my male friends but if it's not true than it's a joke. I call him shorty although he's taller than me- just a little taller. I'm not skinny I admit but I'm not overweight xD Though starting to move towards that :frown:
If you're not fat he was probably joking. A joke is meant to make you laugh :biggrin:
I wasn't bullied or anything but people have always made comments about my weight. I'd never considered myself to be massive, merely an average weight.. Until last year and I became depressed and put weight on (haha).

Had a few comments about my teeth and was nicknamed "gappy" because of the gap, until my braces.

High school is cruel I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 233
-Always rated as the least attractive out of my group of friends
-Sometimes people will pull a face when I look at them
-Always picked on when I was younger
-Personally think I have a big nose (prominent bridge, bulbous end)
-Mouth that turns down at the edges
-Never got to first base

Go me.

Original post by Elelia
I have naturally very large breasts for my frame and I was developed to a F when I was 13 and I got made fun of so much when I was 13 that I used duck tape to push them down...

There is many more but I doubt you wanna hear the rest

Why would people tease you about that? It sounds awesome.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 234
Original post by Member731
You sure he was serious? I get called fatty by one of my male friends but if it's not true than it's a joke. I call him shorty although he's taller than me- just a little taller. I'm not skinny I admit but I'm not overweight xD Though starting to move towards that :frown:
If you're not fat he was probably joking. A joke is meant to make you laugh :biggrin:

It was a long time ago, i can't remember the details. :redface: And he thought it was funny, so yeah. But still, you never should joke about a girls weight!
Original post by Phillipsherman
You got picked on for that?! Were there no fat ginger kids that always pissed themselves in your year?

Can't lie they are kinda cool eyes...

Yeah! It started when we did this little experiment thing, like in the past or something people with blue eyes were treated a lot better than people with brown eyes (something like that)so our teacher did the same for one lesson, and because I didn't have blue or brown eyes it just gave them something to pick on me about I guess! Bit ironic though considering the experiment was meant to teach us to treat people equally! Haha
And actually there wasn't any ginger or fat kids at my school! Well one reallyyyy fat kid but he just so happened to be the biggest bully! And thanks :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 236
I've been insulted by lads many times because I just assume it's banter. When it's from a girl though, it gets to me and I start to feel depressed. I have been called ugly before by several girls but on the other hand someone rated me 7/10 so I suppose I've had my ups and downs

Yeah! It started when we did this little experiment thing, like in the past or something people with blue eyes were treated a lot better than people with brown eyes (something like that)so our teacher did the same for one lesson, and because I didn't have blue or brown eyes it just gave them something to pick on me about I guess! Bit ironic though considering the experiment was meant to teach us to treat people equally!

woah, woah, they did experiments on you at school? What kind of school did you go to?

Haha
And actually there wasn't any ginger or fat kids at my school! Well one reallyyyy fat kid but he just so happened to be the biggest bully! And thanks :smile:

Its always the fat ones :rolleyes:haha
xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sammi_K?

Ooooo once in Grade 7 an Indian girl said to me that she thinks I smell like curry. Which really made me ROFL and infuriate me, cause if I did smell like 'curry' [she was the only one who thought I did] then she didn't smell like no strawberries either.

The irony lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending