Reply 221
Original post by alexc88
Hi ya :smile:

Does anyone know the reading list?

I found it the other week if you just google it you should be able to find it
Reply 222
Original post by kelli.r
I found it the other week if you just google it you should be able to find it

Ooooh where can I find it?! Is it always the same or does it vary every year?
Original post by alexc88
Hey, maybe we will be in the same class :smile:

How many others are doing English Lit on here?

Haha yeah, maybe :smile:
I've only noticed like four or five.
Reply 224
Original post by Vectress

The ones that I've found only have a couple of changes at most if they have any at all
Reply 225
Hey, Im Rovshan (Rovy) gonna study BSc Accounting with Management at Marylbone campus. Probably gonna stay in Student Court. Not 100% sure) Here is my FB account, hit me up before the uni starts :wink: https://www.facebook.com/rovshan.aliev.9
Reply 226
Original post by Vectress

I Just found the link to the reading list again, here it is:
http://www.westminster.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/155724/BA-Honours-English-Literature-Reading-list-2012-13.pdf
Reply 227
Original post by RacheyTV
Hey guys!

Great to see some future westminster students on here!

I'm a television production student based at the harrow campus and I've just completed my first year.

I'm going to be a FAN in September. A FAN means "Friends of Arriving New Students" so I'm your first port of call during freshers week if you have any problems, queries or simply want a chat then I'm your freshers friend as they say :wink:

If you have any questions about.....

Accomodation?

Local Area?

London travel costs/oysters?

Student Life?

Freshers?

Ask away!

I can post pictures of Harrow Halls and answer questions relating to Harrow Halls and the campus itself.

I also know a fair bit about societies and places to go out to in Harrow.

Good luck with your exams or BTEC coursework deadlines.

Rachel :smile:

I've been trying to find out about what to do with jobs when you have to go back home during the winter, spring and summer. Can you only get seasonal work or take off holiday? Or can you stay in your accommodation over the holidays (not just the summer)?
Reply 228

I've started collecting some of these, hope they don't change it to much for this year
Reply 229
Original post by alexc88
I've started collecting some of these, hope they don't change it to much for this year

Me too. I don't think they should change too much, I found one somewhere for the year before and only a couple of them were different.
Reply 230
Original post by gemmah94
I'm doing architecture too, and I'm in flat 508A!

YAY. Would be nice to have a familiar face!
Reply 231
Original post by Tigrah99
Helloo!
I've been wondering, does much go on during freshers? I know most uni's usually have some kind of fair and events on etc, but seeing as Westminster is not campus based does anything go on?

Heya!

Well then! there is a LOT that goes on during freshers week!

My experience of freshers week was that there was pretty much something going on every single night - and if you are staying in halls then you won't go far without coming across a flat party or a group of people going to the club or bar. (this is at harrow campus) There are events put on by the Students Union for each campus and these include fancy dress parties, kareoke, BBQ's, club nights and loads more..not to mention freshers fair! Freshers events usually last for the first 2 weeks :smile:

Are you studying at one of the central london campuses?
Reply 232
Original post by kelli.r
I've been trying to find out about what to do with jobs when you have to go back home during the winter, spring and summer. Can you only get seasonal work or take off holiday? Or can you stay in your accommodation over the holidays (not just the summer)?

Hey Kelli!

As far as jobs go of course you can work during the holidays. You get 3 weeks for Christmas and Easter and then about 3 months for Summer (depending on when your course finishes).

If you do want to get a part time job at university I would definitely recommend waiting a bit until you are settled with your timetable and know when you need to be in university. Plus theres so much to do in London you'll want your first weekends free! :wink:

You are allowed to stay in accommodation over the holidays. No one will kick you out until the end of your contract :wink: (in my case with Harrow Halls was the 25th May) but you can stay through summer at an extra cost.

Have you got anymore queries? :smile:

Rachel x
Reply 233
Original post by lma95
I'm planning to start the TV Production course in September (as long as I don't balls up my exams) and haven't seen anyone on here doing the same course :smile:

What would you say are the best things about the course and what's the worst???

Heyyy!! So pleased to know you have chosen TV production :smile:

Yeah there's not many people on here that say they are doing TV! It's funny because I was thinking the same last year and I turned up and met so many people doing my course!

The best thing about the course is that you have access to all this brilliant equipment and facilities (our TV studio is awesome) and the fact that you are working alongside like minded people who want to work and are serious about the course. The teaching is good and you learn a lot of things very quickly that are put into practice when you do group work. We just made our very first television comedy drama called Gangs and Roast Pork - weird name but you'll hear all about it from the teachers no doubt! :wink:

The worst thing...hmm probably the amount of theory work involved. I much prefer practical work so when we do theory I'm always looking forward to our next practical lesson etc. The theory isn't TOO bad but you do have to do it and sometimes it isn't always directly linked to TV - guess that's part of being a media student though!

If you have any more questions fire away - I'll be more than happy to answer them :smile:

Rachel
Reply 234
Original post by chipchad
Hey! I'm Chad and I'll be studying Architecture at the Marylebone campus. I'm living in Student Court in room 523C. Hit me up if you're anywhere close or studying a similar course :smile:

Twitter - @ChadEngland :smile:

Finally someone else doing architecture as well :smile:
Reply 235
Just wondering if anyone going to Westminster next year is gonna be at the open day tomorrow for one last look, especially anyone doing English Lit
Reply 236
Part of the reason I love the course is the dose of theory :smile: I like the idea of a mixture of both sides of things.
I was wondering if you know of anyone who didn't quite get the grades but were let on the course anyway??? Because I hope I'll get the grades, but just incase I don't quite get three B's, I'd like to have some piece of mind for results day :smile:
So if I got BBC or even BCC what do you reckon my chances are, because I really love the course and the uni as a whole :smile:
Reply 237
Original post by kelli.r
Just wondering if anyone going to Westminster next year is gonna be at the open day tomorrow for one last look, especially anyone doing English Lit

Yes, I am :smile:
Reply 238
Original post by alexc88
Yes, I am :smile:

Awesome, maybe we could meet up, it would be great to know someone when before the course even starts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 239
Original post by kelli.r
Awesome, maybe we could meet up, it would be great to know someone when before the course even starts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely :smile: I'll send you a PM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending