Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what is the answer to the big youngs modulus question? i.e. what do they ask and what would you get marks for on it? any model questions/answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legal drugdealer)
    what do you guys think will come up as in most likely??
    youngs modulus experiment looks likely

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone does well tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreayshawn)
    what is the answer to the big youngs modulus question? i.e. what do they ask and what would you get marks for on it? any model questions/answers?
    Jan 2010 Q7 it came up with a long quaestion, if you look at the mark scheme you'll see what you have to put to get the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rfka)
    Jan 2010 Q7 it came up with a long quaestion, if you look at the mark scheme you'll see what you have to put to get the marks
    thanks pal

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with question 12a)? Kinda in panic mode!! :eek:

Name:  HELP.png
Views: 192
Size:  50.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P!=NP)
    Anybody got Jan 2013 markscheme, can't seem to be able to locate it.
    Here
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf G481_MS_Jan13.pdf (85.6 KB, 771 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loua96)

You know the time, the acceleration and the final velocity (v=0 at max height). So then just use suvat to find max height

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loua96)

It's a parabolic motion question; draw out a diagram and work with the vertical components.
    You know, vertically, a = 9.81, at the maximum height v = 0, the time will be halved as it's only gone half the distance so t = 0.125 and as you want s, use s = vt-1/2at^2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baraf)
    can someone share notes, worked questions etc on these points.

describe and explain how
    1. seat belts
    2. air bags
    3. crumble zone

in cars reduce impact forces on the driver in accident.

and also describe how air bags work, including triggering mechanism.
    guys need some serious help here, I prefer reading notes over the book, can someone post notes and also questions on this topic.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else feeling quite relaxed about this exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarz)

uh no. But I'm not panicking either...although, I feel like I should be

ReputationRep:
    Seatbelts/airbags:

The time taken for the driver to stop is increased using both airbags and seatbelts. An increased change in time results in a decrease in acceleration (as a=(v-u)/t, but you don't really need to say this), and a decrease in acceleration results in a decrease in force due to F=ma. Also they both prevent collisons with the windscreen/steering wheel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJiggly)
    uh no. But I'm not panicking either...although, I feel like I should be
    So true... I'm probably going to regret not panicking, but I can't care less at the moment.
    What are you predicted to get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarz)
    yeah bro totally, gonna turn up hammered to the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarz)
    So true... I'm probably going to regret not panicking, but I can't care less at the moment.
    What are you predicted to get?
    hoping for an A, but I'm not too bothered about Physics really. I'm a bit disillusioned by mechanics. Only thing I like (well vaguely) is quantum physics.

ReputationRep:
    hoping for an A, but I'm not too bothered about Physics really. I'm a bit disillusioned by mechanics. Only thing I like (well vaguely) is quantum physics.
    let me guess, the only thing that interests you in that topic is the parallel universe theory, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph-)
    let me guess, the only thing that interests you in that topic is the parallel universe theory, right?
    Yup, that would be interesting but I'm talking about the As modules. Only thing about quantum physics there is photons, which is relatively more interesting than everything else we do. I want to MURDER Electricity...it's so craaaaaaaaaaap.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, that would be interesting but I'm talking about the As modules. Only thing about quantum physics there is photons, which is relatively more interesting than everything else we do. I want to MURDER Electricity...it's so craaaaaaaaaaap.
    electricity = the only ***** i cant do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph-)
    electricity = the only ***** i cant do.
    I don't find electricity too bad, but sometimes I find it confusing. Other than that electricity is cool If only there was more Quantum Physics in the AS Units. Can't wait for the A2 Physics course!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.