Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 419)
    Depends how motivatd Benfica can be. They've been on a bad run of form lately.
    Which team is not motivate, if it entered the final? I don't think so that Benfica intends to lose against Chelsea and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Boateng you troll. Revealed it was non alcoholic beer :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Eriksen confirms he's in talks with Dortmund

This is a great replacement plan if true! Another wonderkid in a largely similar mould and probably at a profit.

Thoughts? :holmes:
    I believe this is from a suggestion from Frank De Boer. :holmes:
    He seems to think that he's suited to German football.

I saw a comment suggesting he'd be a flop due to the move up, believe me, he won't.

I think he may struggle for a season to get the games at a top-top club, but if given the chance he can become a midfield genius.

He lacks a bit in the defensive compartment because he's more of an attacking midfielder, he would be very able to play in a 4-4-2 alongside a Bender or a Gerrard.

Personally I'd be happier with him at Dortmund, he deserves a move to a massive club.

ReputationRep:
    Thomas Schaaf has left Bremen after 14 years. A bit like the Fergie situation where it'll be odd to see a new manager on the side for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Oh Boateng you troll. Revealed it was non alcoholic beer :laugh:
    Shame, ribery's a ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Shame, ribery's a ********.
    Haha you don't like Ribery?

ReputationRep:
    Watching the previous few CL final's, notably the 05 and 08 final's we've seen some absolute crackers in that competition. Even watching my team on the losing side of 08 I still loved that final, what a great game of football, Terry's off the line clearance from giggs shot, drogba hitting the bar from that 25 yard finesse shot, lampard hitting the bar. all english final too I'm sure the germans are feeling this way about bayern vs dortmund.

Even the fluke win over milan in 05(who the **** loses a 3 goal lead in 15 mins) was absolutely great. I'm going to watch all the CL finals at least the highlights. Besides 03 of course.
    Haha you don't like Ribery?
    Why is he hyping for? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Watching the previous few CL final's, notably the 05 and 08 final's we've seen some absolute crackers in that competition. Even watching my team on the losing side of 08 I still loved that final, what a great game of football, Terry's off the line clearance from giggs shot, drogba hitting the bar from that 25 yard finesse shot, lampard hitting the bar. all english final too I'm sure the germans are feeling this way about bayern vs dortmund.

Even the fluke win over milan in 05(who the **** loses a 3 goal lead in 15 mins) was absolutely great. I'm going to watch all the CL finals at least the highlights. Besides 03 of course.
    Yeah, we've definitely be spoiled in the last few years with great finals and great moments in those finals (even relatively poor matches like Madrid/Leverkusen had Zidane's goal).

ReputationRep:
    Benfica bottle it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Benfica bottle it again.
    2-1 as well. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a benfica fan.

ReputationRep:
    2-1 as well. I'd be pretty pissed off if I was a benfica fan.
    Oh trust me, they are pissed off. Football is a very touchy subject within my family today.

Away from European football, last years Copa Libertadores winners Corinthians were knocked out by last years runners-up, Boca (last night / this morning... whichever way you look at it).

Questionnable whether Riquelme meant it but still a fantastic goal...

Pato made a meal out of a golden chance later on in the match. One of those chances which seem harder to miss than actually score.

With Boca through it means if both Atletico-MG and Boca win their 1/4 finals they will meet in the semi-final. That would be quite a tasty semi-final!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)

It's Riquelme, of course he meant it!

(Original post by ra-ra-ra)

Pato made a meal out of a golden chance later on in the match. One of those chances which seem harder to miss than actually score.

With Boca through it means if both Atletico-MG and Boca win their 1/4 finals they will meet in the semi-final. That would be quite a tasty semi-final!
    He's still got it. :coma:

(Original post by boumavilla)
    Hey abiral to the eft. :sexface:

Sad times, bro. :sad: Do you think you'll watch it next season though?

As of this weekend, it is indeed Ajax's again. :yep: PSV's entertaining 4-2 win over NEC has all but secured second place, unless Feyenoord plan on winning 38-0 next weekend! :mmm:

I'm about to watch the Dutch Cup Final infact: PSV v AZ - should be good. It will be some of the PSV players' last chance to make a good impression as the club are in debt and will need to sell some of their players next season. :sadnod: Apparently it due to them not making the Champions League this season or last season, the money won't be provided to make up for the millions they spent. **** Advocaat (PSV manager) said it would be a transition next season when the current assistant manager: Phillip Cocu takes over.

Ebelicio is supposedly a replacement for Leroy Fer. But since Twente's recent awful run, speculation on their players has died down a lot. He's turned into a defensive midfielder since his Arsenal days, as far as I'm aware he used to be a striker, no? :holmes:

Hopefully next season there will be a drastic improvement for Dutch teams in Europe, as quite frankly, this season was an embarrassment seeing as in the previous 4 seasons, the Dutch teams in Europe have very much given a good impression. :yes: I shall give an early tip of the hat to Feyenoord to do well in European competition next season, with the likes of Pelle, Shaken, Boetius Clasie, De Vrij, Martins-Indi and Mulder around. Although that's given that they keep the majority of those players which is never a given in the Eredivisie... :rolleyes: However they do plan instead to strengthen, will Romelu Lukaku a name being thrown around to supplement their attack already.
    We'll have to see how much money PSV will spend in the summer, for sure they need to improve their defence!
    Hey. :mmm:

I'm not actually sure if I'll be able to next season, depends on a number of things quite out of my control. :sadnod: We'll see!

Poor Feyenoord, I really thought they could hang on to second place! I guess PSV deserve it though, after their start to the season and that ridiculous goal-difference. :coma:

Ebicilio as a replacement for Fer? That's an interesting one. :holmes: Ebicilio was always a CAM/playmaker type who later dropped a bit deeper in midfield, as far as I know - I wouldn't have thought of him as a Fer-type player! Maybe they're changing their setup? I don't know if Ebicilio has the physicality to pull off that role tbh.

Oh, do Feyenoord get a free pass to the Europa League group-stages or do they go through a qualifying round? :holmes: De Vrij is the only one of those I've seen being linked with a move away, so there might be reason to be optimistic! PSV though, you say their defence needs strengthening and both Strootman and Alderweireld are linked with moves away! :p: I talked with you about Arsenal's reported interest in Alderweireld before, but now with the rumours of Sagna leaving I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps he's being targeted for the right-back role, as he's played there a couple of times as well. What's your take on him in that position? I think he certainly seems more in the mould of a CB with his physicality, but I haven't really seen how pacy he is/can be. If it came about, he would certainly be a very different sort of full-back to what we've had in the past!

ReputationRep:
    Hey. :mmm:

I'm not actually sure if I'll be able to next season, depends on a number of things quite out of my control. :sadnod: We'll see!

Poor Feyenoord, I really thought they could hang on to second place! I guess PSV deserve it though, after their start to the season and that ridiculous goal-difference. :coma:

Ebicilio as a replacement for Fer? That's an interesting one. :holmes: Ebicilio was always a CAM/playmaker type who later dropped a bit deeper in midfield, as far as I know - I wouldn't have thought of him as a Fer-type player! Maybe they're changing their setup? I don't know if Ebicilio has the physicality to pull off that role tbh.

Oh, do Feyenoord get a free pass to the Europa League group-stages or do they go through a qualifying round? :holmes: De Vrij is the only one of those I've seen being linked with a move away, so there might be reason to be optimistic! PSV though, you say their defence needs strengthening and both Strootman and Alderweireld are linked with moves away! :p: I talked with you about Arsenal's reported interest in Alderweireld before, but now with the rumours of Sagna leaving I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps he's being targeted for the right-back role, as he's played there a couple of times as well. What's your take on him in that position? I think he certainly seems more in the mould of a CB with his physicality, but I haven't really seen how pacy he is/can be. If it came about, he would certainly be a very different sort of full-back to what we've had in the past!
    Hopefully you'll try and keep in touch with De Eredivisie! :yes:

It would perhaps have been better if Feyenoord had qualified for the Champions League, because unlike PSV who have to sell this summer, Feyenoord will only get stronger with the likes of Martins-Indi, De Vrij, Clasie, Pelle and such.

Sadly, they don't get a free-pass to the Europa League group stages, only one team in the whole of Europe can do that: the FA Cup winner or the Europa League winners from the previous summer. Which means they have one round of qualifying to complete, which should be possible, Feyenoord have just tied De Vrij and Clasie down to new contracts! If you're wondering though, I believe Vitesse enter at round 3 (of 4) qualifying rounds, the winner of the play-offs enter at the second, AZ (cup-winners) also enter at the fourth.

Good point, perhaps he isn't quite the same player as Fer, but he does look more of a combattive midfielder now instead of a lightweight striker. :holmes: http://www.gelderlander.nl/polopoly_...ge-3799264.jpg
    We'll have to see in terms of what happens with Twente's set-up soon, I'm not sure if they will be hiring a new manager now, after the previous number 2 has stepped up and helped Twente to an unbeaten run of 8 games! :dontknow:

I believe you meant Alderweireld is an Ajax player?
    Well, I don't think he can be moulded into a right-back now, unless you mean full-back as in Stoke's kind of full-backs? He doesn't have the pace imo, he has become a more dominant CB now, he has come out of Verthongen's shadow, which must be true considering they have conceded less goals without Verthongen this season...

Shocking news btw, Bouma's contract isn't being renewed by PSV! :zomg:
    But, at the age of 34, he says he has no plans to retire yet!

Although I suppose it may be difficult for you to pick, would you have a team/player of the year for this season's Eredivisie? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    He's still got it. :coma:
    To think he quit Boca last year because of a row and had seven months out of football too. Good job Bianchi lured him back into football and to Boca.

ReputationRep:
    5 goals in the first 20 minutes in Gladbach-Bayern. Incredible game. Dortmund leading Hoffenheim thanks to an early goal from Lewandowski. Schalke beating Freiburg 1-0 thanks to a Draxler goal, which is pretty much a game where the the victor will qualify for the CL.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus haha what a game.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus haha what a game.
    Heynckes last game in charge, who would have thought it would be this eventful haha. Can't wait for the CL final :coma:

ReputationRep:
    imo dortmund will win the cl. gundogan, lewandowski and goetze are near unstoppable. But you have to feel for bayern - they always get knocked at the final.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.