Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    If 12% of a group of girls say that they masturbate then 88% of that group is lying This isn't the 1880's, people have urges :rolleyes:
    Some of them are really religious (and weird!) so I'm pretty sure some of them don't. Still, out of our group of 9 then are at least a few others who do
    I'm not ashamed of talking about it with strangers online, but I wouldn't risk talking about it with someone I know in case they get all weird about. I think girls that don't do it assume no one else does and find it disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    A friend once admitted she masturbated to a guy friend and I know girls who didnt speak to her for a week. It was pretty *****y of him to tell everyone as well. Another friend admitted she regularly pisses in the shower but would never admit to masturbating.

And the unbelievable relief of taking off your bra after a long day.

Edit: she told the guy friend she masturbates. She doesn't actually masturbate to him. I assume.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly didn't know that girls had such a taboo over flicking the bean every once in a while Any girl I've asked has admitted to it. Granted that's a grand old total of 4 but still.

ReputationRep:
    Worrying about blood patch on back of trousers/skirt when on period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    Guys don't think it's an excuse; they think it's a reason, and girls deny it more often than they use it to justify their bad moods. Maybe the negs indicate something besides denial - maybe they indicate that guys think you're wrong about what they think.
    I wasn't saying you don't believe in it. You said 'we're widely aware of that' and I said actually a lot of boys and girls who don't get it think it doesn't actually exist. And there have been replies to her post such as 'I'm still skeptical'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minthumbugs)
    A friend once admitted she masturbated to a guy friend and I know girls who didnt speak to her for a week. It was pretty *****y of him to tell everyone as well. Another friend admitted she regularly pisses in the shower but would never admit to masturbating.

And the unbelievable relief of taking off your bra after a long day.

Edit: she told the guy friend she masturbates. She doesn't actually masturbate to him. I assume.
    I assumed everyone pees in the shower?

ReputationRep:
    When hair falls during washing / shampooing it can get trapped in ass crack and must be removed

ReputationRep:
    When you're on your period and you've been sitting down for ages, then when you stand up that little 'flood'. Oh my god, so horrible. :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    When you're on your period and you've been sitting down for ages, then when you stand up that little 'flood'. Oh my god, so horrible. :yucky:
    It feels like litres and litres

ReputationRep:
    How many people have you heard of that have died from being kicked in the balls? Now compare that to the number of women that have died in childbirth. :rolleyes:
    Yes, but they don't die from the pain of childbirth do they?

This is about the pain, not the complications arising due to / as part of the pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    All guys know what this is:

I can't believe no one picked up on this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dartanoir)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdFdmE9A84 a video of a man experiencing the pain of childbirth. You're welcome.
    I really hate **** like this. Women have a goal during childbirth, they have a real motive. Men have no motive to undergo the pain of childbirth so any experiment into whether they can withstand the pain of childbirth is completely flawed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    I really hate **** like this. Women have a goal during childbirth, they have a real motive. Men have no motive to undergo the pain of childbirth so any experiment into whether they can withstand the pain of childbirth is completely flawed.
    I think when you're in such extreme amount of pain any sort of reasoning disappears. All you can think about is the pain.

Edit: The childbirth itself - the physical strain from it - is often a contributing reason for postnatal depression.

ReputationRep:
    I think when you're in such extreme amount of pain any sort of reasoning disappears. All you can think about is the pain.
    Yes but they still have

1) A goal/end point
    2) No choice

They don't have the option of stopping the pain, therefore they always will go through it. It doesn't mean that women can withstand more pain than men.

Although scientists are beginning to understand how pain works, so one day we may have an objective measure of pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    I'm still a PMS skeptic!
    :girlhit:

ReputationRep:
    Yes but they still have

1) A goal/end point
    2) No choice

They don't have the option of stopping the pain, therefore they always will go through it. It doesn't mean that women can withstand more pain than men.

Although scientists are beginning to understand how pain works, so one day we may have an objective measure of pain.
    If we're talking simply about the pain - no other factors included - childbirth is worse than being kicked in the balls. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking simply about the pain - no other factors included - childbirth is worse than being kicked in the balls. Fact.
    No. There is no objective measure. Not unless you have both a vagina and testicles, and even that would be subjective.

You couldn't possibly say that you have experienced being kicked in the balls, so you don't really know. Therefore it's not fact. It is opinion with no evidence.

ReputationRep:
    No. There is no objective measure. Not unless you have both a vagina and testicles, and even that would be subjective.

You couldn't possibly say that you have experienced being kicked in the balls, so you don't really know. Therefore it's not fact. It is opinion with no evidence.
    If you watched the video - the 'experiment' was first tested on a woman who has experienced child birth to make sure it is accurate. And then on the man. So I think this is as close to an objective test as you will get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal*)
    When hair falls during washing / shampooing it can get trapped in ass crack and must be removed
    Glorious.

ReputationRep:
    If you watched the video - the 'experiment' was first tested on a woman who has experienced child birth to make sure it is accurate. And then on the man. So I think this is as close to an objective test as you will get.
    Again, back to the first point - motive.

This has gone in circles, I don't think you will accept that there is no objective measure of pain and that no one person can tell truly whether the pain is similar.

Plus that was 1 man, you need a much larger sample size, but the experiment is flawed from the beginning so that won't work either.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.