Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi , guys ! My name is Greta. I`ll also study in Newport, Caerleon campus . Anybody is studying photography for fashion and advertising?
    it would be nice to see others .
    I also need your opinion about computers. What is the best laptop for you? Maybe someone could recommed several models? All I need is that is would be fast and good for photography programs : )) Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying in opal in B block?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gretiko)
    Hi , guys ! My name is Greta. I`ll also study in Newport, Caerleon campus . Anybody is studying photography for fashion and advertising?
    I also need your opinion about computers. What is the best laptop for you? Maybe someone could recommed several models? All I need is that is would be fast and good for photography programs : )) Thanks!
    Hey there x Im freya and I'm doing photography for fashion and advertising x personally I use Mac computers, but I'm not sure if your prefer PC systems, but you can't really go wrong with a mac book pro for photo editing and stuff. It's not good for game playing, if you're interested in that sort of thing though x

Then for software obviously roll with photoshop, maybe Lightroom. It's expensive but you can always opt for photoshop elements in stead, and then use full photoshop on the computers in uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I'm Emma I'm doing the PFA too :P I have a mac at home which I use for everything and I'm getting a mac book for September. Macs are great super fast and they back everything up to the cloud which means its hard to lose photos :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freglin)
    I've got a deviant art, but I need to major update it, it's still full of crappy drawings from like, year 10 ^_^ I've got a Facebook though, https://m.facebook.com/FreyaGillPhot...916025567&_rdr and I've got a website, but that's full of like baby photographs and the stuff I do for friends of family, so not the interesting(er) stuff ill go follow your deviant x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow Freya your work is awesome, your FMP 'Grounded' reminds me of work by a photographer called Natsumi Hayashi she did a series called 'Daily Levitations'. Gargh your fashion/portraits are brilliant, I only began to get into portraits in the latter stages of my course when we finally got in the studio. Oh thanks for following i shall log in and watch you back

Hi Greta, I'm Adam. I am doing Photographic Art but I'm sure we'll probably be using the same facilities at some point I would say for photo editing Macs are brilliant, I can't afford one unfortunately but if you can then i would definitely say get a macbook, no viruses, super fast and they handle photoshop like a dream. If you can't then like me you will probably be taking advantage of the Mac suites for any serious editing as photoshop would be provided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RustedPickle)
    Wow Freya your work is awesome, your FMP 'Grounded' reminds me of work by a photographer called Natsumi Hayashi she did a series called 'Daily Levitations'. Gargh your fashion/portraits are brilliant, I only began to get into portraits in the latter stages of my course when we finally got in the studio. Oh thanks for following i shall log in and watch you back

Hi Greta, I'm Adam. I am doing Photographic Art but I'm sure we'll probably be using the same facilities at some point I would say for photo editing Macs are brilliant, I can't afford one unfortunately but if you can then i would definitely say get a macbook, no viruses, super fast and they handle photoshop like a dream. If you can't then like me you will probably be taking advantage of the Mac suites for any serious editing as photoshop would be provided.
    I had one of the old mac books, you know the white ones? But now I've got a mac book air, which can hardly run Skype without freaking out, so I'm deffo going to be living half my life in the uni suites

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RustedPickle)

Thank you that's really lovely to hear and is she the yowa yowa camera girl? Because if it is then I did a study on her for my research or the fmp

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quoted the wrong one there... Was replying about the computers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hi my name is Alex, I will be living in Caerleon but studying Creative Sound and Music at the City Campus. We'll probably all see each other around in no time! I personally believe that you do not need to fork out a lot of money to buy a macbook, there are lots of cheaper alternatives that are just as good. I suggest a laptop that is running Windows 7, i3 Core Processors are cheap but super amazing, and they will handle everything from photoshop to games. Also, if they break it's easy and cheap to fix them at a computer shop in town.

I will be buying this laptop, as it's amazing for the price! (although this computer won't handle top games) http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi...56552-pdt.html

ReputationRep:
    Thank you that's really lovely to hear and is she the yowa yowa camera girl? Because if it is then I did a study on her for my research or the fmp

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i always forget to refer to her by that name, as that is mainly what people know her by. Yeah her images are amazing and your work turned out brilliantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandsphin)
    Hi my name is Alex, I will be living in Caerleon but studying Creative Sound and Music at the City Campus. We'll probably all see each other around in no time! I personally believe that you do not need to fork out a lot of money to buy a macbook, there are lots of cheaper alternatives that are just as good. I suggest a laptop that is running Windows 7, i3 Core Processors are cheap but super amazing, and they will handle everything from photoshop to games. Also, if they break it's easy and cheap to fix them at a computer shop in town.

I will be buying this laptop, as it's amazing for the price! (although this computer won't handle top games) http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computi...56552-pdt.html

thanks, Alex I think your course is really interesting , i hope we will see each other.
    your future laptop looks good .

ReputationRep:
    Oh I was just wondering. People that live in Newport already, what's the vintage scene like there? It's amazing in Devon and I'm really gonna miss it! :P

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you're probably gonna have to keep missing it, there were a few lovely little vintage shops in the arcade, and then one just a wee way out of town, but they've closed. But it's the charity shop city of dreams! Haha, and sometimes you find some vintage gems, especially one of the charity shops is
    Pretty good. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you're probably gonna have to keep missing it, there were a few lovely little vintage shops in the arcade, and then one just a wee way out of town, but they've closed. But it's the charity shop city of dreams! Haha, and sometimes you find some vintage gems, especially one of the charity shops is
    Pretty good. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nooooooooooo ah well, how far from London are we? Might need a monthly trip to brick lane :P

ReputationRep:
    Well up for that! Haha about 3 hours on a national express coach x so not bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well up for that! Haha about 3 hours on a national express coach x so not bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eeeeh coaches :P haha sounds like a plan tho 3 hours isn't so bad

ReputationRep:
    There's a shop in Cardiff that only sells vintage clothes called hobos in one of the arcades and its only around 45 minutes away on a good day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOrpinator)
    There's a shop in Cardiff that only sells vintage clothes called hobos in one of the arcades and its only around 45 minutes away on a good day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooooh ok :3 that sounds cool

ReputationRep:
    Guys not long now.... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandsphin)
    Guys not long now.... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Till results or start if term? :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.