Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i'd like to see ramsey and wilshere as a kind of double pivot, when one decides to go foward, the other is near them to support in case they llose the ball, and also to keep the opposition guessing. ramsey imo is a better passer than wilshere. Waht wilshere has is the close control to navigate through space and the aggression to keep balls under tough challenges and play simple but great passes. Ramsey is a very good passer of the ball, his problem is that he dwells on it for too long/ takes time to see options, but when he does guaranteed he'll play a killer ball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jak5321)
    I reckon Walcott is a player that isn't really being used as much as he should be. He should be the central attacker he's always putting good balls in but the only player in the box is always Giroud who is practically useless, that miss against Everton did it for me, that guy needs to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    His goal tally would disagree, he's not useless. Just isn't being used correctly. His finishing will improve, he's in a new league and at his first season at a top club. The same thing was being said about koscielny and look at him now. Think he needs to learn how to play on the ball. He's very good at getting himself into key positions but he's terrible on the ball imo. If he improved his dribbling/learnt a few tricks like drogba did then he'd come good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    i'd like to see ramsey and wilshere as a kind of double pivot, when one decides to go foward, the other is near them to support in case they llose the ball, and also to keep the opposition guessing. ramsey imo is a better passer than wilshere. Waht wilshere has is the close control to navigate through space and the aggression to keep balls under tough challenges and play simple but great passes. Ramsey is a very good passer of the ball, his problem is that he dwells on it for too long/ takes time to see options, but when he does guaranteed he'll play a killer ball
    Yeah, would be good. Makes sense wrt wilshere. Wilshere doesn't have a great assist tally for a reason, he makes good passes in midfield and is crucial in buildup play but he doesn't make as many killer passes like ramsey can do. The stats don't explain how good wilshere actually is though but that seems to be the reason why. Like i've said before wilshere would get a lot more assists if his starting position was 20 yards further up the pitch but with cazorla there lets face it he's not getting games there. Plus his ability in CM is pretty vital. It's kind of similar to how iniesta has such a poor assist tally but he's so important to the general play of the team.

ReputationRep:
    Who is looking forward to the game today? I am excited. We must win today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I guess so. I think he would be good replacing arteta though personally. Thought he was a DLP but coming to think of it he's more of a box to box player, don't see him running a lot with the ball like JW does on the ball so thought he was a DLP. Still think he could make a good DLP though, plus he'd probably be needed to be put there if wilshere is playing in the CM/BBM role or shunted out wide. It's gonna be hard accomodating both of them in midfield in the future if they have the same role.
    I dunno, I would still like to see a proper DM bought in during the summer but that's a separate discussion. Although I don't see DM/DLP as Ramsey's primary role, he can definitely play there if necessary (as he has done a couple times this season).

It shouldn't be a problem having them both in the same midfield as I'm pretty sure Wenger sees Wilshere as a number 10 for the future as he has given him that shirt number and has played him there a lot this season.

It shows how far Ramsey has progressed this season as people used to moan then when they saw him in the starting XI whereas now people would probably moan if he wasn't starting

ReputationRep:
    oo, very worried about todays game! feels like the one where, if arsenal loose... then that could be it.

Nervous about the game today. Anticipating a draw, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Nervous about the game today. Anticipating a draw, tbh.
    I think we can nick a win tbh. Rosicky is back - he will be vital.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This could cheer you up:
    http://www.englishpremierleaguetable...cond-half.html

ReputationRep:
    You wonder whether commentators actually have decent footballing insight, they spout such generic rubbish sometimes

ReputationRep:
    We've started well. But lacking in the final third.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I fancy a arsenal win and Giroud to score

ReputationRep:
    91% possession? Need so do something with it

ReputationRep:
    Red card for Sidwell!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    Red card for Sidwell!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL he just got back from suspension

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    LOL he just got back from suspension
    Lol! It was deserved.

I sense a thrashing now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First referee I've seen in a long time that actually seems to know what he's doing

ReputationRep:
    No excuse not to win now tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa! That was scary.

Good save by Chesney.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We're leaving ourselves far too open at the back. I hope the players don't think this will be an easy ride.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.