Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That was a great race, especially for a Bahrain GP. Loved watching Perez and Button fight for position and other cars close by just added to the spectacle. The racing great all around and was also generally quite clean too. Its good to see Grosjean learning from his mistakes too.

Perez was a bit too aggressive at times though, especially with Button, but he'll learn to control and manage it. Button being annoyed is understandable since Perez could have ruined both of their races, but tbh I think part of it is that he just didn't expect Perez to drive like he did today.

Vettel was dominant, but he wasn't really challenged in the race. Alonso's race was ruined by DRS failure, and after the start Kimi had, the best he could do was P2. Alonso drove brilliantly to recover to P8 without using DRS. Hamilton also drove well after a poor start to get to P5. Driver of the day has to go the Perez though.

So far, Hamilton has scored 1pt more this year with Mercedes than he did with McLaren last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pads)
    i went tot he toilet. Whats happened to Rosberg? where is he?
    He was wearing his tyres and fighting faster cars the whole race, he pitted a little early in his second stint and was forced into a 4-stop strategy.

The problem qualifying on pole in a slow race-car is that you end up fighting other cars the whole race, getting passed and cut-up, and going off-line, and every person that passes you probably costs you a second or whatever and that all adds up, as well as not being good for the tyres.

Pitting early every stint really cost Button and Nico in the end.

ReputationRep:
    still P***** off with the ferraris after the race, Vettel is widening the gap in the driver's championship. Wasn't all bad though, Di Resta was class.

ReputationRep:
    That was a good race with plenty of wheel to wheel action!

Hats off to Vettel for his racing at the start to get himself into the lead and clean air then he just beautifully controlled the race from there in dominant fashion. I'm happy he won!
    Well done to both Lotuses with Kimi and Grosjean for making it a double podium, and it was a shame for Ferrari with Alonso's DRS problem and with Massa's mysterious tyre issue.
    I wasn't too happy with Perez's aggressive defending and reckless driving.
    It appears that both the Mercedes cars are very fast but a bit too aggressive on their tyres.

ReputationRep:
    Rosberg did a great job defending against Vettel and Alonso at the start, was nice to see him race like that.

The McLaren's racing was awesome to watch I've been less bothered about them as a team since Lewis left, before I might have been worried about them taking each other out and costing the team points

Lewis V. Webber at the end was fairly exciting

Vettel having his trademark relatively mundane win not so much of an issue given plenty else going on today.

Although the Ferrari's misfortune benefited Lewis, it was dissapointing to see, would have been interesting to see what Alonso could do.
    Side note, second time this year 'Nando has made a dodgy decision with broken car parts: staying out in Malaysia, and deploying DRS after it failed the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    Side note, second time this year 'Nando has made a dodgy decision with broken car parts: staying out in Malaysia, and deploying DRS after it failed the first time.
    Ferrari confirmed they were the ones who told him to stay out with the broken wing in Malaysia as he could not see the damage himself.

Nice to see a fair bit of old-fashioned overtaking in this race though from a few drivers, not just Alonso.

ReputationRep:
    Whoop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    Whoop!
    Good work, and nice points haul in Fantasy F1 again.
    I've realised you do well when Lotus do well so you must just have a lot of confidence in your own team.

Great read below...

http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/04/22/bu...-racing-perez/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Good work, and nice points haul in Fantasy F1 again.
    I've realised you do well when Lotus do well so you must just have a lot of confidence in your own team.
    1 win, 2 seconds and a 3rd in 4 races, points in all of them for both drivers, 2nd in both championships... Plenty of reasons for confidence!

All I got right on my predictions this time out was 0 safety cars. I had Kimi, Romain and then Vettel. So right guys but wrong order! So, other than the first race were I fluked the top 3 most of my points are from the team...

ReputationRep:
    Really enjoyed this race. Checo v Button! Great entertainment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Really enjoyed this race. Checo v Button! Great entertainment!
    It really was!

Merc was shocking, from pole to 9th is just crazy. I think Nico didn't race intelligently, he was fighting and trying to set lap times as if he was fighting for podium position. I don't know what their simulations showed but he should have been doing times to get somewhere between 4-6th place, take care of the tyres instead of doing 4 stops.

It's just frustrating with Merc because every year, every race they say yeah they've worked on their tyre issues they're looking better for the race yet lo and behold it continues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    It really was!

Merc was shocking, from pole to 9th is just crazy. I think Nico didn't race intelligently, he was fighting and trying to set lap times as if he was fighting for podium position. I don't know what their simulations showed but he should have been doing times to get somewhere between 4-6th place, take care of the tyres instead of doing 4 stops.

It's just frustrating with Merc because every year, every race they say yeah they've worked on their tyre issues they're looking better for the race yet lo and behold it continues.
    Aye, Merc was disappointing from Nico's point of view, but yet again Hamilton has done well in the car. Credit where it's due - they currently have almost half the points they scored all last year.

ReputationRep:
    If you have Autosport premium then there's a nifty animation of the updates to our car...

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...esign-secrets/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Aye, Merc was disappointing from Nico's point of view, but yet again Hamilton has done well in the car. Credit where it's due - they currently have almost half the points they scored all last year.
    Yeah Hamilton raced in a way that maximized the potential of the car. Lingered around in 12-13th place for most of the 2nd stint just taking it easy, and eventually got up to 5th by the end.

ReputationRep:
    My wishes: perez to bum rape button, the whining little *****. He even got bum raped in milton keynes in a daytona dmax kart (Dan Weldon memorial race day) the video of him getting owned last year is probably on youtube somewhere.

Lewis Hamilton to gain some consistent podiums with a regularly developed Merc.

Vettel not to win this year championship.

ReputationRep:
    I think overall, McLaren have quite a poor lineup. Button's only championship should have been awarded to the Super Aguri engineers who came up with the double diffuser concept, it was their work and not Button's! Maybe Checo has some potential, but I don't really see how he's shown world champion potential at any point.

Macca may need to hang on to Perez to bring in a new title sponsor when Vodafone leaves (i.e. Telmex), but they should can Button and bring in someone younger and more talented like Hulkenberg. He may have had a bad season so far but it's clearly because the car is no good. He's talented but he doesn't have any money.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSTB_iusT4

Ted said that Caterham found half a second this weekend, which is very impressive if that's true.

Pic was close to Ricciardo at the end and was ahead of Gutierrez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSTB_iusT4

Ted said that Caterham found half a second this weekend, which is very impressive if that's true.

Pic was close to Ricciardo at the end and was ahead of Gutierrez.
    They showed a really good improvement this race.

So many drivers did well in this race, Di Resta, Grosjean, Perez.

Also Sutil did an astonishing race, after his first-lap puncture he did the 55 laps of the race faster than anybody else, including Vettel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    They showed a really good improvement this race.

So many drivers did well in this race, Di Resta, Grosjean, Perez.

Also Sutil did an astonishing race, after his first-lap puncture he did the 55 laps of the race faster than anybody else, including Vettel!
    That bit about Sutil is crazy. Do you have a source btw? Would be interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    That bit about Sutil is crazy. Do you have a source btw? Would be interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Adam Cooper (@adamcooperf1) tweeted:

Plenty of interesting stuff to come out of today's race, but here's one for you - the last 55 laps were won by Adrian Sutil!

At the end of lap 2 Sutil was 81s behind Vettel, and at the chequered flag, he was 76s behind him. Also set 2nd fastest lap

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.