Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody Tamil here? Inbox me, if I post my question here it will be seriously awkward for the boys to read :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    It's the last topic I don't like, the questions are always really open and the answers are always syllabus specific even though there are other correct answers! I know this is common place with all exam papers but more-so in B3 4 I think
    3.4 is the environment so just write something about pollution and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they were planning to be around £15 per book and most people were saying they'd rather just look on Facebook

Haha that sounds funny and we're allowed but the SLT are always on duty and nobody in the school is allowed to go to the toilet during lessons on muck up day because they try to limit the pranks but the year 11s do it anyway. To be fair, I don't think they're really that bothered though, what's the worst an all-girls year 11 group can do? :angel: It's all just a bit of tongue in cheek humour though, nothing vicious
    Hahah that's true. Plus everyone at least looks good on FB. They took our picture on Friday without giving us notice in advance. :a

Hahaha I go to an all girls school too but the teachers have strict control over us. Don't think there will ever be such pranks. Thats hilarious how your teachers try to limit the damage. Lol
    Haha we do harmless pranks on teachers like leaving pins for them to step on and fake poo's on seats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Pretty sure my friend did bakery for his skill and took Food Tech GCSE to show it he was doing A levels - not 100% sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The open group I did it with was quite strict, they were iffy about counting peer mentoring as volunteering. Although, for bronze it's okay to do anything pretty much but I think by the time you get to gold they're a little bit stricter on what you count as extracurricular and what not.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, definitely not my school We sent about 2-4 people to Oxbridge each year and have little care for music (which is a shame).
    aww it's pretty small - I want to go to a big school where you can get lost

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I clearly can't multiquote - sorry guys

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I clearly can't multiquote - sorry guys
    aha I just keep copy pasting because I'm on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That was quick, u already finished the other thread

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody Tamil here? Inbox me, if I post my question here it will be seriously awkward for the boys to read :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really want to know what this question is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    looool :P

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha when i first started at my school it was emotional... I'd get sooo lost... When the classroom was right in front of me. I'd hear older students saying "lets take the long route" and it hurt me to think that i'd probably never know the standard route let alone the short/long routes.

And i'm soooo curious about your Tamil Q! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    :slap:
    French is not dull :unimpressed:
    Ouch! Revising it is dull
    (Original post by Jina)
    We're not allowed to discuss it right after we have the exam tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't think so, I think it's not until 0:00 on Tuesday (When I'll be sleeping ) when we can discuss it!
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    Just did some 36/40 on the reading
    :woo: well done
    :unimpressed: It's not dull!
    revising it is dull, just reading thinks, and it's not like it's a book where you can get into it. it's just some teenage retard who thinks she knows about the Spread of AIDS in Mozambique and some boy who got dumped because he did terrible at school

ReputationRep:
    Me too! It's bugging me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hahah that's true. Plus everyone at least looks good on FB. They took our picture on Friday without giving us notice in advance. :a

Hahaha I go to an all girls school too but the teachers have strict control over us. Don't think there will ever be such pranks. Thats hilarious how your teachers try to limit the damage. Lol
    Haha we do harmless pranks on teachers like leaving pins for them to step on and fake poo's on seats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, I really love going to an all girls school! Yeah we had a year group photo and I bought it because it's nice to keep and hang up somewhere perhaps. Throughout the year there's a lot of strict control, pastoral mentoring to keep grades high etc but a couple of teachers encourage funny pranks at the end of the year and complain that it's usually too boring! :') I just have this imprinted memory of last year's year 11s blue tacking up around the corridor, about finger-length cutouts of - let's say.. - explicit pictures and the assistant head just walking around before first lesson taking them all down with a rather disgruntled facial expression!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armani786)
    That was quick, u already finished the other thread
    Armaniii... Exam tomorrow! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    looool :P
    What did you mean by embarrassing?

(Original post by MattFletcher)
    revising it is dull, just reading thinks, and it's not like it's a book where you can get into it. it's just some teenage retard who thinks she knows about the Spread of AIDS in Mozambique and some boy who got dumped because he did terrible at school
    :lol: Don't say that, I'll probably do that paper soon! I don't want to know the answers yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Me too! It's bugging me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's like when somebody says they have a secret and then doesn't say anything more!

ReputationRep:
    What did you mean by embarrassing?

:lol: Don't say that, I'll probably do that paper soon! I don't want to know the answers yet!
    haha it's the general gist for all the papers, always a question on like the environment etc. or some relationship and other boring stuff

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My school's small-medium I'd say... I have 120 per year and the school has something like 32 classrooms (not including computer rooms, science rooms and the library)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    haha it's the general gist for all the papers, always a question on like the environment etc. or some relationship and other boring stuff
    I know, it's weird but better than OCR! They have people in people's cupboards and tigers escaping from Belgian zoos!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.