Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadindins)
    For some reason you're not coming up when I search your name? -.- Could you try adding me instead? I'm under: Nadine Paris Collins

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, it's done!

Everyone: look for '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' on FB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barnus)
    Okay, it's done!

Everyone: look for '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' on FB
    Woo! We're in business

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Now there is a '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' group on FB! Feel free to join!

ReputationRep:
    Now there is a '2014 Oxford Brookes Applicants/Offer holders' group on FB! Feel free to join!
    Can't find it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottehall96)
    Can't find it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/455140441275535/ (I hope this works)

ReputationRep:
    Does it need to be changed from a closed group to an open group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nvm, I just logged into a different account and clicked on the link and it still worked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is an awesome idea!
    Won't join just yet as don't want to jinx myself...
    .... But hopefully.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by efbrewster)
    I've applied for History of Art and got a conditional offer on Monday
    (Original post by Charlottehall96)
    They don't interview, I have an offer
    (Original post by cocopopscastle)
    JUST GOT AN OFFER FROM HERE, yessssssssssss
    (Original post by swanderfeild)
    Applied for ITMB few days ago and just got a conditional offer from here... Awsooooooooome!!!!!! ))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarekd1234)
    Yes.. Finally an offer from Oxford Brookes! My main choice so I'm definitely going there!

Only a BCC
    (Original post by Cavello)
    I've also applied to Brookes (sent the application on the 28th of October) and receieved my unconditonal offer on the 5th of December for Media, Communication and Culture. Something that made me immensely happy, of course!

Someone else that have applied to the same or a similar course?
    (Original post by Dominiquee06)
    this isn't the same as media, but i sent off my UCAS 29th of November and got an offer from Brookes for both the courses i applied for there (philosophy and philosophy combined with religion and theology) on the 3rd of December i was so happy, i still am! especially as it is my first choice!
    (Original post by SkittlesAreTasty)
    I applied last Thursday and received an offer this morning. I applied for a foundation year in computing so that I can complete a Software Engineering degree after and I honestly thought that I wouldn't get an offer. I was also looking at Manchester Met for Software Engineering and they also gave me an offer this morning.

I've heard that Brookes is much better than Manchester and I can't make up my mind as these Uni's were my first picks
    (Original post by BlueSkyGirl)
    Just firmed Oxford Brookes for Accounting and Finance.
    (Original post by Hanmoo)
    just received an offer for accounting and finance yayayayyyy
    (Original post by dontsmackthejack)
    Got an offer for Japanese at BBB. Hope i can get BBB as OB looks like a great uni to go to

ReputationRep:
    It did! just joined, well sent a request to join

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm Maggie, and I've applied to Brookes for Publishing. I'm from Canada, but there aren't any publishing programs at Canadian universities at all. I applied on the 3rd of December, so it's slightly reassuring to see that there are others waiting for a few weeks as well. Now that it's Christmas Eve I'm not expecting anything until after the new year, but fingers crossed! Brookes would be my top choice if I was to get an offer. (I've already gotten offers from Hertfordshire and Middlesex, but mdx emailed me yesterday to say they're suspending the program, which is too bad. I'm still waiting on Bath Spa and Southampton Solent as well.)
    I don't want to join the facebook group yet just in case I jinx it, but hopefully I'll be on there soon!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggiesoares)
    Hi everyone! I'm Maggie, and I've applied to Brookes for I'm from Canada, but there aren't any publishing programs at Canadian universities at all. I applied on the 3rd of December, so it's slightly reassuring to see that there are others waiting for a few weeks as well. Now that it's Christmas Eve I'm not expecting anything until after the new year, but fingers crossed! Brookes would be my top choice if I was to get an offer. (I've already gotten offers from Hertfordshire and Middlesex, but mdx emailed me yesterday to say they're suspending the program, which is too bad. I'm still waiting on Bath Spa and Southampton Solent as well.)
    I don't want to join the facebook group yet just in case I jinx it, but hopefully I'll be on there soon!!
    Hey Maggie it's nice to hear of someone else wanting to study Publishing! I likewise also have an offer from Hertfordshire but I put it as an insurance choice cos Brookes looks far better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Maggie it's nice to hear of someone else wanting to study Publishing! I likewise also have an offer from Hertfordshire but I put it as an insurance choice cos Brookes looks far better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm glad to see a few publishing students: hopefully I'll get to know a few of you before I haul myself six thousand kilometres east, so I won't be completely alone. Brookes really does seem to be the best choice, so I really hope I can get in. I don't really understand how you guys do marks for university consideration over there, because my hertfordshire condition is just to get my high school diploma. I wish there was some kind of "If you have this average in Canada, you'll be okay!" page somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm Maggie, and I've applied to Brookes for Publishing. I'm from Canada, but there aren't any publishing programs at Canadian universities at all. I applied on the 3rd of December, so it's slightly reassuring to see that there are others waiting for a few weeks as well. Now that it's Christmas Eve I'm not expecting anything until after the new year, but fingers crossed! Brookes would be my top choice if I was to get an offer. (I've already gotten offers from Hertfordshire and Middlesex, but mdx emailed me yesterday to say they're suspending the program, which is too bad. I'm still waiting on Bath Spa and Southampton Solent as well.)
    Hi!

I applied to Middlesex too, and got the email last night.... Ahhh... I've also applied to Bath Spa, which I've got an offer for and is my second choice as it looks really good (but a little more design based than Brookes).
    Brookes is my first choice and am hoping I get in there! Good luck with your application ^.^
    Hopefully will see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KehRawwr)
    Hi!

I applied to Middlesex too, and got the email last night.... Ahhh... I've also applied to Bath Spa, which I've got an offer for and is my second choice as it looks really good (but a little more design based than Brookes).
    Brookes is my first choice and am hoping I get in there! Good luck with your application ^.^
    Hopefully will see you there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, that's what I thought about Bath Spa too. I'm drawn to Brookes because of the way it seems to be more all-encompassing, as opposed to just design or just content. Learning the technology and everything else is just as important for me! Good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see a few publishing students: hopefully I'll get to know a few of you before I haul myself six thousand kilometres east
    Yeah i'm wanting to get to know a few people cos moving to Oxford seems incredibly far from me, but it's about 170 miles, which is pretty pathetic compared to how far you'll be moving lol. Nevertheless, i'm still sooo nervous about moving from home and not knowing anybody

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm wanting to get to know a few people cos moving to Oxford seems incredibly far from me, but it's about 170 miles, which is pretty pathetic compared to how far you'll be moving lol. Nevertheless, i'm still sooo nervous about moving from home and not knowing anybody

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's all relative! I've travelled alone a few times, so I'm slightly less worried than I could be, I think, but I still really freak out from time to time. Last july I was alone in new york city all month, and there were a few times when I skyped my friends in tears because I was so homesick

ReputationRep:
    It's all relative! I've travelled alone a few times, so I'm slightly less worried than I could be, I think, but I still really freak out from time to time. Last july I was alone in new york city all month, and there were a few times when I skyped my friends in tears because I was so homesick
    Wow i'd be so scared doing that! I've never been anywhere further than a bus ride away on my own lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer to do Law, yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.