Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone doing Crown and Authority today!! So nervous! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Faust)
    Predictions for Experience of Warfare:

Crimean War: Impact of war reporting - Fenton and Russell (probably not going to be anything to do with the Charge of the Light Brigade, as it's been done in various forms already)

Second Boer War: Concentration Camps and Guerrilla Warfare or Army and Social Reform

Western Front: Harder to gauge because there has been quite an even spread of topics, but I'd say Discipline in the Army (controversy with how strict it was) or BEF in 1918/German defeat (why the British were formidable).

Home Front: DORA or recruitment for the Army
    Do you know how to structure your answer?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good reform and representation, which is B1 statistics for part b, I don't feel like kindle enough of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner4ever)
    Isn't there usual a 40 marker on each half if the book? I'm banking on there being a chartist question cos like you I haven't properly revised the second half yet....

Yay!! 400th Post!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teacher predicted that one is on the later reform acts, like how responsible was it for whatever... Probably something like that... And that the other one would be between gladstone and disraeli, im guessing their personal rivalry... Good Luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LulaBelle)
    Yep, timing is my biggest worry I think! Wonder if I should do the 40 mark first just in case? :confused:
    I don't think there is a 'right answer', just as long as you justify your arguments with the sources and knowledge and I think that'd be good enough!
    Yeah I have a clash tomorrow, so I'll have a frantic 10 minute supervised break between exams where I'll cram as much as possible! Whether it'll actually be beneficial or not remains a mystery!!
    Yeah I know what you mean.. I think I will probably do it in order just to get myself in the zone for the 40 mark! Yes that's a good point, you're right ooh gosh, good luck! I had one yesterday and had to be isolated for 2 hours - not sure any revision then helped! Good luck today

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck for Unit 2 today! (anyone doing crimea//boer//ww1 get more well wishes!) We'll all do great, here's praying for nightingale and morale...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    any British politcal history predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine_l95)
    I am! Any predictions?

Praying for the annulment!!!

ReputationRep:
    So worried about this exam, feel less prepared than unit 1 but i hardly had time for revision and i didn't think i would need much own knowledge so i revised quite generally. i swear you need a lot of knowledge in detail too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goosegogs)
    Praying for the annulment!!!
    That'd be really good! I don't want the reformation to come up-I'd prefer the break with rome and why it happened etc.
    Finger crossed for later on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyobz)
    any British politcal history predictions?
    Heath, thatcher, Attlee and Churchill maybe?
    But certainly Heath, he has never come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For anybody doing Crown and Authority (Henry VIII):

In January 2013, the part a) was about whether or not Wolsey's attempts to get the annulment were half-hearted or not. Part b i) was about how successful Henry's early foreign policy was. Part b ii) was about the impact that Protestantism had made in England by 1540.

ReputationRep:
    All the indicative content seems to suggest for a level 4 although you have to show opposite interpretations make sure you come to an overall conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute tips for Henry viii?

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions for section B women's history??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrews101)
    Any suggestions for section B women's history??
    Perhaps work opportunities/suffrage choice or trade unions/technology/education I think

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for Henry VIII?
    Just remember you need to agree and disagree and use enough provenance to get in the top band for part A
    Part B - Do the same but no provenance, instead embellish with own knowledge - remember to say how far it supports

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goosegogs)
    Any predictions for Henry VIII?
    Just remember you need to agree and disagree and use enough provenance to get in the top band for part A
    Part B - Do the same but no provenance, instead embellish with own knowledge - remember to say how far it supports
    You have to agrees no disagree but also show a clear focus on which one you favour to get the top marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getoom)
    You have to agrees no disagree but also show a clear focus on which one you favour to get the top marks.
    Oh okay, thankyou! Any more tips?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.