Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie_May :))
    I said more about what was mentioned in the AIB about jobs, children being happy, invested a lot in the house and would lose money if moved away etc.
    thats more what i did, talking about what Lisa had mentioned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyt123)
    What did everyone write for the last question on reasons for living in an earthquake prone area? Was it to do with population growth and marginal land?
    Wrote about perception, that people who haven't experienced it see the devastation and so are scared to move there, and avoid it. Comparatively, people who live there experience earthquakes frequently, and are usually prepared, so do not have the same perception. Rich people have mitigation plans and so on, so devastation is not high and fear of the hazard is lower. Insurance means less to be lost so not as worried about property. Poor people can't afford to move away, so don't, or have family in the area so do not want to leave. Religious people see it as god's punishment for those who sinned, and accept it as a way of life. Perception by different people is different etc.

ReputationRep:
    My topics for geography are; population change, urbanisation, globalisation, restless earth, living world, coasts, did you do any questions on these topics for the summer exam 2013? If so do you remember? I left the exam paper at school and its for homework.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys use to revise? I've been recommended this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Geograph...pr_product_top Could you guys please tell me which resources you find useful to revise from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.