Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedGirl)
    Hahah. Now thinking about it, I never did well at languages. But would we have a certificate etc to prove that we did a language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dunno if we'll get a certificate or anything with our modules on :erm: But most people will probably assume with any Classics/Ancient History degree that there is some language work involved, and if not you can just talk a bit of Latin at them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iheartsirringo)
    Hi everyone! I'm also glad to see there are a lot of people who aren't really into clubbing, I'm most excited about the pub quiz . On most of the freshers events it says that you need to be an NUS+ member to get in, does that mean we need to buy a separate NUS card or would we just use our Warwick uni card?

Congrats on getting in!
    Pub quiz sounds a lot better than most of the club nights in my opinion :P

One person who put Heronbank first on this thread... Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum17)
    I dunno if we'll get a certificate or anything with our modules on :erm: But most people will probably assume with any Classics/Ancient History degree that there is some language work involved, and if not you can just talk a bit of Latin at them
    Hahahah...would we be doing some digging?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakegt1)

I put Heronbank first

ReputationRep:
    Before I was worried that everyone would want to be clubbing 24/7, now I'm more worried about being labelled a drunk judging by the responses on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassie2801)
    Can I come late like 2-3 days ? Will that affect anything?
    Missing the first 2-3 days of lectures?

(Original post by Jakegt1)

Yeah, it's OK. Make sure you get there early though, it can get full pretty quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    Before I was worried that everyone would want to be clubbing 24/7, now I'm more worried about being labelled a drunk judging by the responses on here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you be spurting out math formulas when drunk?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you be spurting out math formulas when drunk?
    No, I'm not COMPLETELY crazy! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else put Cryfield down as first choice? So far I haven't seen anyone doing maths who has...
    I have, but doing Maths+Phys, thinking of switching to MMorse though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how am I supposed to put a passport photo of me onto my computer? Help! XD
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eelnais)
    Hey guys, how am I supposed to put a passport photo of me onto my computer? Help! XD
    It can be a passport-style photo . Get your parents to take a photo with a camera or phone, crop it to passport size and then upload it . Or get an actual passport photo and then scan it in?

ReputationRep:
    Im so glad I just noticed some of you aren't big drinkers- massive relief!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    It can be a passport-style photo . Get your parents to take a photo with a camera or phone, crop it to passport size and then upload it . Or get an actual passport photo and then scan it in?
    I don't know if we even have a camera or phone that can take pictures and upload them and we certainly don't have a scanner. If I find out we don't, what should I do? Can I phone them and explain?
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eelnais)
    I don't know if we even have a camera or phone that can take pictures and upload them and we certainly don't have a scanner. If I find out we don't, what should I do? Can I phone them and explain?
    Yep. That's all cool. Instead of making you pick up your card in the usual way, they'll ask you to head over to University House to get your photo taken and then added to your card that way . But call them up/email them explaining your situation :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashingPumpkinP)
    I'm politics and sociology as well! Seems like I'll be one of few boys doing it
    Aww no i'm sure there will be more! Did u do sociology A Level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum17)
    'Classicallum' and 'Mathematicalum'? Sounds good to me haha
    I realized last night that Classicallum would work Lets just hope there won't be anymore calums

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not COMPLETELY crazy! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well anyone who can do hard core maths...then yes...lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterodactyl)
    What societies are people thinking of joining?
    My favourites are definitely AirSoc and Assassin's Guild, even though I can see myself getting slightly carried away with the Assassination game Sounds good all the same! What about everyone else??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexi_bex_10)
    The Saturday ... What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Saturday as well - even though I should be coming on the Sunday (as my surname begins with a W) I really want to arrive as early as possible to meet people and settle in. Have you done any work in preparation for the course because I was wondering if there is anything we can be doing before hand. I am soooo bored right now!

ReputationRep:
    Hahahah...would we be doing some digging?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I'm confused about, on the open day there wasn't much mention about actual digging just looking at some coins and on the modules list online there don't seem to be many that are to do with archaeology so I don't know what we'll be doing :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.