Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it just me or are the AS marks really harsh this year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    i did my alevels years ago. I got 4A's Congrats on yours and going out of our comfort zone! I did Geography and that was the hardest A-level ever for me!
    Wow, that's amazing! I bet i look stupid to you
    Geography was hard, all those stupid essays!

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed with my history mark, got an A in one paper and a D in the other! I was predicted an A and want to do it at uni, definitely remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnip storm)
    Wow, that's amazing! I bet i look stupid to you
    Geography was hard, all those stupid essays!
    don't be silly. You don't look stupid . I'm a pretty level headed working class dude . I don't judge people on something as superficial as grades. Their personality and extra curricular interests are far more important and i'm sure you have amazing ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter12345)
    Wow your sixth form actually kicked people out? At least that is the mark of a good sixth form. Mine had this guy who came into class, played nintendo DS all day, failed, they let him retake the year, he did the exact same thing and failed and what did they do? They let him retake the year again. Our tax money at work. I'm sorry but if you flop because you didn't work hard enough you should be kicked out. Education isn't free you know.
    My sixth form was just like that! We had a guy who scrapped into physics on an E from Year 12, whilst he'd failed the rest of his AS's. He failed everything this results day and they've let him go back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24hoursmiles)
    Disappointed with my history mark, got an A in one paper and a D in the other! I was predicted an A and want to do it at uni, definitely remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't mean to be harsh, but it is unlikely that you'll go up 4 grades from a remark. Just because you are predicted at an A, does not mean you'll definitely get that on every paper! Perhaps it was just a bad paper or, looking back, if you feel you did really well, then sure, pay all that money, but most people only go up 1 grade at the most.

ReputationRep:
    don't be silly. You don't look stupid . I'm a pretty level headed working class dude . I don't judge people on something as superficial as grades. Their personality and extra curricular interests are far more important and i'm sure you have amazing ones
    My personality and interests died last year due to my A Levels But i'm looking forward to Uni and actually living again!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, my mate got FOUR U's! He's going on to the next year with those subjects !!!!

ReputationRep:
    My personality and interests died last year due to my A Levels But i'm looking forward to Uni and actually living again!
    what sports/societies are you going to join? .

I joined the climbing soc at uni but they were a bunch of arrogant dicks who were jealous cos i climbed better than them and was humble, so i quit hanging out with them and just hung out with my working class mates at my local climbing gym

the russell group uni's are full of proper dicks!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I could have worked harder but I really tryed to revise well but ended up with a d and 2 e's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imjustrach)
    Same! Only 1 person got a C and the rest of us got D's even though we got A/B in classroom work, something isn't right although I know the chief examiner marked ours
    How do you know it was the chief examiner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    Lol, my mate got FOUR U's! He's going on to the next year with those subjects !!!!
    Surely it would just be better for him to retake the year?

ReputationRep:

I joined the climbing soc at uni but they were a bunch of arrogant dicks who were jealous cos i climbed better than them and was humble, so i quit hanging out with them and just hung out with my working class mates at my local climbing gym

I'm still looking; i'm happy to join anything, really, it'll be a good way to meet new people and find new hobbies
    Haha, i guess it's because they're all smart and think they're better than most people

ReputationRep:
    I'm still looking; i'm happy to join anything, really, it'll be a good way to meet new people and find new hobbies
    Haha, i guess it's because they're all smart and think they're better than most people
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I went to oxford, warwick, ucl, institute of education and imperial college and I hated all of them! Been scarred by my traumatic uni experience being surrounded by posh people :eek:

Never again *shudders* Never again!

Try rock climbing! It's a super fun activity and it's funner than the gym and a full body work out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    would rep irl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deziah)
    Anyone else shocked with their F322 result? I went through the mark scheme and I calculated that I'd lost 5-10 which would be around 135 UMS. The grade boundaries were pretty high so I thought maybe they'd been a little lenient with the mark scheme. Turns out I've lost 20 marks and I've got 117 UMS. I'm not going to cry about it, and in all fairness I'm no marking expert so I easily could have miscounted - but I really don't understand where I went wrong. I worked really hard to know my chemistry inside and out, but I still lost 20 marks. I got higher in exams that I wasn't as confident in, and it just shows how deceiving A-level exams can be.

yeah I was pretty shocked, I thought the exam was pretty easy and I thought I lost around 3-7 marks, turns out I got 128 UMS which is still an A so i'm happy but I was expecting a bit higher... I think it's all the wordy questions which may have ****ed me up but still I thought it was a bit surprising, I still got an A overall though so I'm not too fussed about it. I'm just surprised I guess.

ReputationRep:

For saying that, you actually sound like a proper ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deziah)
    Anyone else shocked with their F322 result? I went through the mark scheme and I calculated that I'd lost 5-10 which would be around 135 UMS. The grade boundaries were pretty high so I thought maybe they'd been a little lenient with the mark scheme. Turns out I've lost 20 marks and I've got 117 UMS. I'm not going to cry about it, and in all fairness I'm no marking expert so I easily could have miscounted - but I really don't understand where I went wrong. I worked really hard to know my chemistry inside and out, but I still lost 20 marks. I got higher in exams that I wasn't as confident in, and it just shows how deceiving A-level exams can be.
    Not really shocked but felt very confident after the exam and came out with 112 UMS! Which was slightly disappointing but I was expecting it to be a difficult exam so was pleasantly surprised when I found it ok. I was only 5 UMS off an overall A in chemistry, gutted, D: My friend who is brilliant at chemistry and could easily get an A* next year came out with a B too so it goes to show.

ReputationRep:
    could i possibly get ABB and do psychology
    i got A-psychology C-biology D-chem D- english lit
    i just feel so dumb because i worked really hard:banghead:

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were marked nicely. On my Unit 1 Sociology I didn't even get to finish either of my 2 essays, and I got an A in that paper. Overall I got AABB, one of the B's being in Citizenship that we had no lessons for and had to teach ourselves, which obviously no one did.

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAAA, and the of the people I have asked the lowest result was ABBB, with most people achieving at least 3A's. So no, I do not think they were really harsh this year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.