Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    If I am in the 10th decile, what does it mean?
    Means you're in the top 10%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkozman)
    I'm an international applicant from Canada with a 94% predicted average, (90% is the minimum); with a 755 ukcat score. Honestly I can't decide whether to think international applicants will have higher or lower ukcat scores, but I'm hoping on the latter! Any other Canadian applicants out there?
    Canadian here but I will be applying as a home (mature) student as I've been in Scotland for a few years now! Well done on your 755 and best of luck with your application dude =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrajess)
    It wasn't me that said 9th decile meant 90th percentile. I was just saying what the actual source says. It was actually backing you up. No need to be rude.
    Also it's *you're*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm dyslexic-you really want to go there:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow I'm joining a very bitter threat here....
    Got 8A*s 1 A at GCSE
    4As at A Level
    778 at UKCAT
    Hopefully I have a shot at interview, any idea when Kings start interviewing? I remember from somewhere Pearson release the UKCATs beginning of November so after that maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    Wow I'm joining a very bitter threat here....
    Got 8A*s 1 A at GCSE
    4As at A Level
    778 at UKCAT
    Hopefully I have a shot at interview, any idea when Kings start interviewing? I remember from somewhere Pearson release the UKCATs beginning of November so after that maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thread**

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I am in the 10th decile, what does it mean?
    You're in the top 10% what score did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samTHE[real]man)
    You're right! I think applicants would be fine if they got just above 9th decile.
    I am soooo confused about Kings I ve read on their website that they don't have a cut off point and I received an email from them saying that the UKCAT is only looked at in conjugation with PS and academic qualifications and I ve read somewhere else that on their open day they've told people just to apply if one has a score of over 600. On the other hand, everyone is saying that only the top 25% of UKCAT would be accepted and it seems like no one should even think about applying with a UKCAT score below 700. what does this all meaaaaan????I think I am loosing my mind. thanks for any answers by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maurice21)
    I am soooo confused about Kings I ve read on their website that they don't have a cut off point and I received an email from them saying that the UKCAT is only looked at in conjugation with PS and academic qualifications and I ve read somewhere else that on their open day they've told people just to apply if one has a score of over 600. On the other hand, everyone is saying that only the top 25% of UKCAT would be accepted and it seems like no one should even think about applying with a UKCAT score below 700. what does this all meaaaaan????I think I am loosing my mind. thanks for any answers by the way.
    Basically everyone with a UKCAT over 700 thinks of kings because they use the UKCAT, the higher the better, yes they look at other things but the majority of people they interview have a UKCAT 700+

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when king's start handing out interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanika21)
    does anyone know when king's start handing out interviews?
    I don't think they have the ukcat scores yet, but when they do it should be soon! That may just be wishful thinking though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    I don't think they have the ukcat scores yet, but when they do it should be soon! That may just be wishful thinking though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First week of November I think they are released

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    You're in the top 10% what score did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3030 overall and an average of 757.5

ReputationRep:
    3030 overall and an average of 757.5
    That's great, well done I got 765, 3060 overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've known people to start getting interviews early October last year and the year before, prior to the UKCAT scores being released to the universities.

Has anyone had an invitation for an interview yet?

Also does anyone have a clue as to what sort of UKCAT score kings are looking for this year?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Flobie;44840246]You're in the top 10% what score did you get?

32.22+44 7500 256575

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shine101)
    Hi,

I've known people to start getting interviews early October last year and the year before, prior to the UKCAT scores being released to the universities.

Also does anyone have a clue as to what sort of UKCAT score kings are looking for this year?

Thats not funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shine101)
    Hi,

With the UKCAT average again going up, I can't see kings looking below 700, maybe even higher!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i got 725 but 10A* at GCSE, FSMQ A, should i be worried about a ****ty ukcat???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelot92)
    i got 725 but 10A* at GCSE, FSMQ A, should i be worried about a ****ty ukcat???
    No, because 725 is a great UKCAT and should be safe! Remember TSR always has stupidly high UKCAT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    No, because 725 is a great UKCAT and should be safe! Remember TSR always has stupidly high UKCAT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

do u know how the sliding scale thing works with examination grades and ukcat? im really worried...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.