Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It tolls for you)
    Oh, wow, congratulations! I wish I were you right now... The wait is going to be much longer for me as I'm applying for medicine - the most oversubscribed course ever!
    Thank you!
    Oh wow, that will be a painful wait... luckily I'm applying for Geography which seems to be one of the less competitive subjects in most places. I guess there's no telling though.
    Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paramore<3)
    Thank you!
    Oh wow, that will be a painful wait... luckily I'm applying for Geography which seems to be one of the less competitive subjects in most places. I guess there's no telling though.
    Good luck with your application!
    Thank you!
    Yeah, you said it... I hope it'll all be worth it in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wonderbeetle)
    Sent mine off a couple of weeks ago (because of Cambridge) and the daily checking of 'Track' is getting very unhealthy. It's ridiculous to even assume I'll have offers so early in the process, but I psychologically can't help it; it's awful. Should hopefully have a couple of decisions by Christmas, good luck to everyone applying/feeling the same!
    Awww - in exactly in the same position (apart from it being Oxford) and it is horrible. Best of luck and hopefully you'll start getting offers soon!

ReputationRep:
    Yay this is so fun!!

ReputationRep:
    Medical student, applied to barts (queen Mary's), southampton, kcl and Edinburgh, every email I get scares the life out of me! Anyone in the same boat?! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am really struggling with the waiting :s
    I honestly didn't think it would be this bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonGreeky)
    Medical student, applied to barts (queen Mary's), southampton, kcl and Edinburgh, every email I get scares the life out of me! Anyone in the same boat?! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    most definitely in the same boat! emails have now become incredibly difficult for me to open :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyOnIce)
    most definitely in the same boat! emails have now become incredibly difficult for me to open :')
    I nearly got run over and had a heart attack today because I thought a surrey university email was an offer I literally stopped in the middle of the road, scrolling through the email and I see it's only them asking me to login to their online portal :sigh:

EDIT: Why all the reps?! Not that I'm complaining but I could've died people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomS)
    I nearly got run over and had a heart attack today because I thought a surrey university email was an offer I literally stopped in the middle of the road, scrolling through the email and I see it's only them asking me to login to their online portal :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG this killed me :') I am exactly like that! Jesus I'm laughing so much right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyOnIce)
    OMG this killed me :') I am exactly like that! Jesus I'm laughing so much right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I hadn't thought it was funny at the time And I've already been in a road accident once...I can imagine what the headlines might've been 'Girl, 17, dies because of an email'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Warwick/Durham/LSE - pleeeeease put me out of my misery

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even know they gave offers this early! Except for early applicants (I'm applying for Oxbridge). I suppose I will now find myself joining the "obsessive checking" club. Should never have looked at this thread.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Got an offer from York

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Got an offer from York

Posted from TSR Mobile
    CONGRATULATIONS! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine in on Friday. Turns out my tutor hasn't even started the teacher references yet, and my other teachers from last year all forgot. Greeeat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Got an offer from York

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats Lucy!

Btw did it update on both track and email or just track?

ReputationRep:
    This is so painful especially since my girlfriend already has two offers, my email provider is probably wondering why I'm constantly on their website!

ReputationRep:
    Sent my app off on the 17th of Oct and today I received my first offer for psychology from Royal Holloway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I only one dying a little inside from hearing the amount of offer holders rolling in and yet I have heard zilch?!
    Not that it's a bad thing!!! CONGRATULATIONS you all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomS)
    Am I only one dying a little inside from hearing the amount of offer holders rolling in and yet I have heard zilch?!
    Not that it's a bad thing!!! CONGRATULATIONS you all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel exactly the same!! Why is this so painful?!

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.