The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Does the presentation have to last 5 minutes? Mine only lasts 2-3 mins :frown:
Original post by dentt129
Yes at 12:30

oh good I was beginning to think I was the only one! Mine's in the afternoon as well so I guess we'll see each other :smile:
Hi. I've been getting a few PMs asking about how my interview went. These could just be innocent questions, but seeing as I don't have a Leeds interview as I got rejected pre-interview, I think some people are asking me this to try to gain an advantage over other candidates.

If you were asking me because you've had one and want to talk about it, then fair enough. I would do the same. However, if you were asking because you want help for yours, then I would tread very carefully. At my King's interview they made us sign a non disclosure form, and I assume they do something similar at Leeds. There's no harm in asking for general advice for interviews - in fact I found that the most helpful thing in my interview prep. Those who have gone through interviews last year and are now studying dentistry are the best to ask as they can tell you everything you need to know without jeopardising themselves or you. Most interviews will be the similar if not the same year on year at each uni. But if you wanted to know the exact details of what you will get asked and were hoping to get these from me or someone who had an interview at Leeds already, you are not only jeapordising their chances of getting in but also your own. If you know the questions beforehand and have rehearsed answers then they know you've cheated and may not give you an offer. MMIs are about seeing how you react on the spot, not how much you can memorise.

I say all this with the best of intentions, as I would hate for any of you to have to forfeit a place at a great university because of interview panic.

I really hope your interviews go well. Remember to stay calm, and in the breaks between stations forget about whatever happened in the last station - good or bad - and concentrate on doing your best in the next. You've got this far, and this is your final hurdle before getting an offer. Be the best you can be, and show them who you are, and why you should train as a dentist at Leeds.

As the posters say, Keep Calm and Carry On.

Good luck everyone!
:smile:
Original post by polozolo123

Just speak very very slowly :smile:
Does anyone have an interview on the 18th during the morning?
Reply 225
Original post by polozolo123

it doesn't have to last 5 minutes but that is the maximum time you have to present it. then they will stop you and may ask questions themselves that you haven't addressed in your presentation such as Why Leeds?
Reply 226
Hi guys,

Any advice for those who have theirs next week? Chances are youve already got your marks, so it wont exactly affect your results. Whats meant to be will come your way.

Thanks
Original post by RukayahR
How did everyone who had an interview on the 13th find it in general?
Was it very tough?

Or better than expected?

And before you all attack me, I'm not asking for specifics! Just a general question,lol.

It's not as bad as you think, just stay calm, everyone is so lovely and friendly! They're not there to trip you up trust me

Best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 228
Original post by AnishaJayne
It's not as bad as you think, just stay calm, everyone is so lovely and friendly! They're not there to trip you up trust me

Best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!

eek hope it goes well.

Good luck to you also for any other interviews :smile: x
Reply 229
Original post by still winning
I am in Manchester on a 2 day pre dental course so had to leave early. I have phoned home and my letter is nice and safe in my room it came today. I dont know what they want as I had to get hear early in the morning. When you say the tasks seem hard, I am sure your just nervous dont worry we gonna bring the house down fella. I am ready bring them on. I genuinely can not wait.

what is your name? I was here too
Reply 230
Are you allowed to use cue cards for the presentation?
Original post by Arajdev13
Are you allowed to use cue cards for the presentation?

Yes! Good luck for yours :smile:
Reply 232
Original post by #FutureDentist
Yes! Good luck for yours :smile:

Thank You!
My name omg I dont think I can give you that and yes you can use cue cards
Reply 234
Original post by still winning
My name omg I dont think I can give you that and yes you can use cue cards

hahaha. okay. well were you sat on the back row? Have a feeling you were the dude at the back on the left.
Yes thats me. What did you learn from that 2 day pre dental course because I felt I was robbed what do you think
Reply 236
hey have my interview tomorrow, i am so nervous!!!
Where is the dental institute in Leeds???
Reply 238
[INDENT]Has anybody been asked for proof of work experience when they get an interview ? E.g the address and phone number of where you had work experience. I'm worried because the dentist I shadowed is now working abroad so I no longer have the details.[/INDENT]

Reply 239
Original post by RukayahR
Hmm I found it pretty useful, but maybe that's because I hadn't done much dentistry related revision. how come you felt robbed?

Which course are you guys talking about :P

Quick Reply

Latest