Turn on thread page Beta

Who will you vote for in 2015? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in 2015?
    Labour
    27.61%
    Conservatives
    25.25%
    Lib Dems
    4.38%
    UKIP
    17.17%
    Other
    14.48%
    I'm not going to vote
    11.11%

ReputationRep:
    Lib dems are sell outs, not sure if we can trust labour, and dislike conservatives to the core.

I'll have to look up what ukips and the rest of the parties policies are..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenatlantic)
    Lib dems are sell outs, not sure if we can trust labour, and dislike conservatives to the core.

I'll have to look up what ukips and the rest of the parties policies are..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you don't like Tory policy, its doubtful you'll like Ukip. They are basically uber-conservative.

If your a lefty you should explore the Greens.

ReputationRep:
    surprised at how many want to vote for UKIP, they're such a sinister party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Branman)
    I will definitely be voting Conservative in 2015. Although I wouldn't say I agree with the principles behind the party completely, the last thing I want to see is the people who never paid attention for a single day at school, or have never had to work for a single day in their lives, being rewarded while my family and I suffer. Those people deserve to live in freezing-cold houses because they can't afford their energy bills: they have never worked to live comfortably.

Plus, it is great to see Michael Gove actually addressing the issues that have plagued our education system for so long. Grade inflation has come to an end, so now the top universities won't struggle to differentiate the good candidates from the best. The resit culture is finally coming to an end (the amount of people who didn't prepare for their exams because "they can always resit"), and A-levels are actually going to be made challenging. The guy is a saint!

Oh, and he is pushing people to do proper subjects. I'm sick of people having their education in drama or media paid for by the taxpayer, when they taxpayer never gets anything in return.

Exactly this. I personally think the Scottish should become independent for this reason, not because I dislike them. Plus, it's a bloody good job we have tuition fees! They're the only thing that stop people going to university to do Music Journalism "because it is fun and you get to party lots".

And I don't understand why people criticise them because they went to public school. They had a good education, so what? I know I would have much rather gone to an independent school than my shoddy comprehensive if I had the chance.

George Osborne is pretty bad though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agree with everything apart from the micheal gove part. The man is a complete idiot, taking january exams away from a modular a levels is completely stupid, it makes tests even more of a memory test than a knowledge test. Also if more people fail their a levels, there will be increased unemployment due to less people having the qualifications to apply for a job. George Osborne has also helped bring the economy out of a recession and has used fiscal policy fairly well in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Are you Shaw?)
    Only 7 are voting for the liberal democrats? Do you have any idea of their success in keeping the Tories from killing everyone over the past years? I know most are pissed about the student fees but come on have an objective mind, the fees would have raised regardless.
    I'm happy fees were raised, makes entry requirements lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Are you Shaw?)
    Only 7 are voting for the liberal democrats? Do you have any idea of their success in keeping the Tories from killing everyone over the past years? I know most are pissed about the student fees but come on have an objective mind, the fees would have raised regardless.
    Yes, I can't imagine why the countless students who voted for the Liberal Democrats based on their iron-clad pledge to abolish tuition fees, (or vote accordingly on any proposed alteration to the system) and pious utterances about how other parties always broke election promises, might feel betrayed.

If the Liberal Democrats had stood firm on tuition fees and said it was a deal-breaker, then the Conservatives would have caved. It's not so important that the Conservatives would have declined to cut a deal. The fact is that Nick Clegg could hardly wait to drop the policy, the haste with which that occurred was indecent and demonstrated the utter contempt he has for the people who voted for him.

I'm not one of those people who gets all het up about manifesto commitments, I realise that circumstances change, and I'm a pragmatist. But this was presented as an iron-clad commitment and it was within their power to have kept it (or at the very least prevented the rise in fees). Clegg dishonourably reneged on a fundamental commitment and rightly deserves the antipathy and contempt with which he is held in the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucien23)
    George Osborne has also helped bring the economy out of a recession and has used fiscal policy fairly well in my opinion.
    Are you kidding me? He has recklessly caused a housing bubble and then dared the Bank of England to raise interest rates (knowing they can't do that, given the state of the economy) if they have a problem with it. Many independent and even Tory-leaning economists are warning that this housing boom is a real danger to even the modest growth that is starting to come back into the system.

That, along with his raising VAT in a time of recession, a regressive and pro-cyclical measure, have been substantive and easily-avoided mistakes that call into question his economic judgment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy fees were raised, makes entry requirements lower
    Yeah but quality of courses is becoming ****ter everywhere though. There are "degree courses" where there is barely any tuition and they just give you some links off the internet to learn from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    Are you kidding me? He has recklessly caused a housing bubble and then dared the Bank of England to raise interest rates (knowing they can't do that, given the state of the economy) if they have a problem with it. Many independent and even Tory-leaning economists are warning that this housing boom is a real danger to even the modest growth that is starting to come back into the system.

That, along with his raising VAT in a time of recession, a regressive and pro-cyclical measure, have been substantive and easily-avoided mistakes that call into question his economic judgment.
    I think you're mistaken, the housing bubble is caused by foreign investors e.g china or russia, cashing in on the rising house prices causing speculative demand to rise. George osborne has helped us get out of the recession.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're mistaken, the housing bubble is caused by foreign investors e.g china or russia, cashing in on the rising house prices causing speculative demand to rise. George osborne has helped us get out of the recession.
    Have you heard of help to buy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Have you heard of help to buy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope but just looked it up now and seems like a good scheme

ReputationRep:
    Nope but just looked it up now and seems like a good scheme
    The OECD and many others do not agree with you.

It's has basically created a bubble - and the taxpayer will be the one to lose out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If you don't like Tory policy, its doubtful you'll like Ukip. They are basically uber-conservative.

If your a lefty you should explore the Greens.
    I've gained more knowledge on ukip and I cannot believe I posted that I was considering them :ashamed2:

I will explore the greens

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.