Brits should start learning some Arabic Watch

This discussion is closed.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Le-JokerFr)
See I speak some French and I've always wanted to go to France but everyone tells me how racist it can be and you're proving them right.

I don't see why I'm learning it anymore if I don't feel like I can use it if I went there.
Qari
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
See I speak some French and I've always wanted to go to France but everyone tells me how racist it can be and you're proving them right.

I don't see why I'm learning it anymore if I don't feel like I can use it if I went there.
how did you stumble upon this shazaib
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Qari)
how did you stumble upon this shazaib
I posted before
Zzzyax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to start a thread called, "brits should start exiling muslims" :eek:
qr95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zzzyax)
I'm going to start a thread called, "brits should start exiling muslims" :eek:
You can be British muslim haha ...back to the drawing board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Metro_Ant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I reckon it would be a great language to learn especially when you think of the population that speak it in the world. The best way to connect with other cultures and understand the voice of the people is by understanding their language. So many things get lost in translation and sometimes there are just not words that are available in English but I guess that goes for all languages.
Zzzyax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by qr95)
You can be British muslim haha ...back to the drawing board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am a logical and passionate person, ok, the problem is the quran says women are not equal to men, but i believe in rights of women. the quran does not allow free speech and democracy , wicked and evil religion....

thumbs up if you agree!
qr95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am a logical and passionate person, ok, the problem is the quran says women are not equal to men, but i believe in rights of women. the quran does not allow free speech and democracy , wicked and evil religion....

thumbs up if you agree!
So your on tsr for the reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KelseyLoveday
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Plainview)
لول

No. British kids should learn German, Latin and Spanish. Not in that order – German and Latin because between them they give a very thorough understanding of our own language
I completely agree, I studied German and my English grammar improved significantly. I believe it to be an extremely useful language especially for anyone wanting to do international business due to the amount of german-made businesses. Life is too short to live in one language, but I wouldn't choose arabic.
IntoTheWater
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ornlu)
'Twould be interesting but I think Arabic's major shortfall is that it's written one way, spoken another and then there are further quite large dialectual differences depending on where one is, all culminating in one large confusing mess... I would probably prefer to learn Farsi instead...
Lol this describes English perfectly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ornlu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IntoTheWater)
Lol this describes English perfectly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahaha, true; however, to compare it to the case of Arabic, we'd be speaking English (in any dialect/accent) but would be writing in Old (Anglo-Saxon) English
Qari
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

thumbs up if you agree!
What democracy is there in Britain?
All it is posh people thinking they know how people from state schools and poor homes live and thinking they can decide how they live.
Where was the democracy when they decided to change the state school education, even though I doubt any of them know how it works due to them going to private schools?
Free speech. You say something about gays or don't allow them in your house/business you are eligible to a lawsuit is that free speech?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dopamine Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LOL.

No they shouldn't.
Qari
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dopamine Dreams)
LOL.

No they shouldn't.
They should learn chinese i say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dopamine Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Qari)
They should learn chinese i say

Posted from TSR Mobile
That'd be much more beneficial tbh.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Al-Mudaari)
Get learning

The possibilities in Arabic for the use of figurative language are endless; its allusiveness, tropes and figures of speech place it far beyond the reach of any other language... Arabic loses on translation but all other languages gain on being translated into Arabic - Joel Carmichael, The Shaping of the Arabs
I am actually trying to learn Arabic. However, that Arabic I learn will not be utilised to write servile and sycophantic apologies for Islam but for both writing, reading and criticising the Quran. The light of truth will be turned upon it and translation will no longer provide a corrupt barricade to this criticism.
كنت لا ترى أن كنت فعلت القادمة
Translation you did not see that coming did you?
Mentally
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rational Thinker)
I am actually trying to learn Arabic. However, that Arabic I learn will not be utilised to write servile and sycophantic apologies for Islam but for both writing, reading and criticising the Quran. The light of truth will be turned upon it and translation will no longer provide a corrupt barricade to this criticism.
كنت لا ترى أن كنت فعلت القادمة
Translation you did not see that coming did you?
Thousands, countless poets were unable to criticize the literature and poetry of the Qur'an or were able to compare the likeof, upon hearing it their hearts tremble in astonishment, I pray for your heart to be open towards Islam One day.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mentally)
Thousands, countless poets were unable to criticize the literature and poetry of the Qur'an or were able to compare the likeof, upon hearing it their hearts tremble in astonishment, I pray for your heart to be open towards Islam One day.
A book being eloquent does not translate into it being empirically accurate. Macbeth is well written but do you view it as literal truth? Furthermore your idea of "openness" seems to be involve taking the Quran's dogma as 100% complete truth, hardly "open".
هل ترغب في إعادة المحاولة؟
Translation would you like to try again?
Qari
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dopamine Dreams)
That'd be much more beneficial tbh.
Chinese people only know english because currently england was better than them in the next 100 years if china go ahead on wealth then we'd have to learn.chinese

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love English and we should all teach proper English first, especially to the youth. Some of their English is simply atrocious.

I think the best way to improve your English is to read books.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads