Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomStaff)
    Same, it's just average velocity times force. Although I think I may have used the exact value farther than the rounded value.
    Oh:/ I used suvat to find the distance, then subbed that in to energy = force x distance,

Then subbed that energy into power = e/t

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emfp21)
    Oh:/ I used suvat to find the distance, then subbed that in to energy = force x distance,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't see how this is wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emfp21)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was your final answer? Your method seems fine, but it was only 2 marks and you had to obtain 2 separate values then a third, so that's why I didn't use that method.

ReputationRep:
    What was your final answer? Your method seems fine, but it was only 2 marks and you had to obtain 2 separate values then a third, so that's why I didn't use that method.
    Sorry I meant only 2 values because the time is given to you.

ReputationRep:
    I used this method as well, final answer comes to 27,000N.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris.P)
    I used this method as well, final answer comes to 27,000N.
    Perfect then. We just used a shorter method. And I assume you meant W

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get around 2.5% for the temperature one?

ReputationRep:
    2.6%

My smile just kept growing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bean man)
    Yeah 3%, if you divide the two square root things you get 1.03

Don't know if it's correct, but that's what I did.

Thought the calculation questions were fine, but the 3 and 4 markers on advantages/disadvantages and the developments that allowed digital-storage oscilloscopes to overtake CROs? No idea, were we meant to use the information from the insert for those ones? That's basically what I wrote.

ReputationRep:

(Root 298 - Root 283)/Root283 * 100 comes out as 2.61596 so 2.6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    Yeah 3%, if you divide the two square root things you get 1.03

Don't know if it's correct, but that's what I did.

Thought the calculation questions were fine, but the 3 and 4 markers on advantages/disadvantages and the developments that allowed digital-storage oscilloscopes to overtake CROs? No idea, were we meant to use the information from the insert for those ones? That's basically what I wrote.
    Yeah, I just wrote about advances in memory power and that stuff. Basically copied the last paragraph on the first page.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just wrote about advances in memory power and that stuff. Basically copied the last paragraph on the first page.
    What about for the advv/disadv. of measuring g using lengths between 2m and 3m?

ReputationRep:
    Got 2.6% for the temperature question! And I also copied the insert for the CRO question... I hope they give marks for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    One advantage of a longer length would be that time period was longer; hence the uncertainty of reaction time decreases as it's easier to measure and therefore the experiment is more accurate.

For the disadvantage I wrote that it would be hard to find a classroom with desks 3m tall and that air resistance would play a bigger factor.

This is what I wrote and it might not be totally correct though. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    For adv like less % uncertainty in time period and length and for disadv I couldn't really think of anything so put it would not be very practical in a classroom to hang a 3m long rope from the top of a classroom haha

ReputationRep:
    Thought that was a walk in the park compared to G491.

Seems I forgot to times 0.026 by 100 even though I wrote it out in my working -_-

Also the average height of an average human adult is 1m? =.=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrystalPlanet)
    One advantage of a longer length would be that time period was longer; hence the uncertainty of reaction time decreases as it's easier to measure and therefore the experiment is more accurate.

For the disadvantage I wrote that it would be hard to find a classroom with desks 3m tall and that air resistance would play a bigger factor.

This is what I wrote and it might not be totally correct though. You?
    Yeah, I did that too, nice one with air resistance though, I didn't think of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    Thought that was a walk in the park compared to G491.

Seems I forgot to times 0.026 by 100 even though I wrote it out in my working -_-

Also the average height of an average human adult is 1m? =.=
    Yeah I think it was asking what you would measure an adult in haha it's not 100m or 1cm so it's 1m haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did that too, nice one with air resistance though, I didn't think of that
    Haha thanks, I was just tossing in whatever I thought might get me the marks.

Any ideas on the water turbine question where it asked us why the energy supplied was lower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrystalPlanet)
    Haha thanks, I was just tossing in whatever I thought might get me the marks.

Any ideas on the water turbine question where it asked us why the energy supplied was lower?
    1. The water carries on moving. Therefore doesn't transfer all of it's KE.

2. Mass of the turbines is a lot less so their speed may not be large enough for the same KE.

3. Absolute guess but part of the water may be reflected off some turbine blades and this slows down the water ahah, I just thought I'd throw another in there.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.