The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2014 OFFICIAL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SellersOHR
I'll bring a condom :wink:

Hi, can my friends join in, we want to see your test tube :wink:
YES! I'm not saying its right because me and you have got it, but I got 1.56A, 1.25V and 3 ohms, always feels good when someone else gets the same:smile:
Original post by Naika98
What did everyone get for electricity qs. I got 1.1 a

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2.3A for the current...
Reply 223
Original post by Zij
What did you guys get from the resistance of the internal resistor question.

i got 3 Ohms for the internal resistor
Original post by Zij
What did you guys get from the resistance of the internal resistor question.

Which one was this mate?
Reply 225
for the question where you had to use the graph to work out current, did anyone else get 1.6?
Original post by AliyaMustafina
Hi, can my friends join in, we want to see your test tube :wink:

Yh of course bring them all :wink: it's gonna get freaky. Yh of course I'll put it in your test tube holder...
1.56 rounds to 1.6 so I guess yeah :smile:
Original post by SellersOHR
Yh of course bring them all :wink: it's gonna get freaky. Yh of course I'll put it in your test tube holder...

guysssssss get snapchat talk on there or something:tongue:
I'm a ****ing idiot. Tried to be clever by taking 1.9 from 6 to get the power dissipated to work out the current. What was I thinking.
Reply 230
Original post by zerock
i did my answers to 2 s.f. so would it still be correct ?

It should be alright :smile: did you get similar numbers to me? I suck at electricity...
Reply 231
What did everyone put for the very last question? (How would the reading change if the Voltmeter was put over R)
Reply 233
Original post by zerock
i got 3 Ohms for the internal resistor

Yeah I got 3.04 ohms :smile:
I got the current as 1.54A, voltage Y as 2.23V and r as 3.1 ohms
Reply 235
Does it matter if you used 3s.f. as long as you were consistent throughout the question? Or should you of used 2? for the graph question? as the emf and resistance they gave us were both to 2?
Reply 236
Original post by Lew Breo
What did everyone put for the very last question? (How would the reading change if the Voltmeter was put over R)

I put it would increase with temperature. Increase in temp decreases resistance and PD across thermistor. A larger proportion of PD then goes to R so the voltmeter reading would be higher. I have no idea if this is right or not. :L
Original post by _Caz_
I put it would increase with temperature. Increase in temp decreases resistance and PD across thermistor. A larger proportion of PD then goes to R so the voltmeter reading would be higher. I have no idea if this is right or not. :L

Yeah that's right :smile:
Original post by _Caz_

I put pretty much the same as you but in a lot less detail:') ahhh well, just have to wait and see:biggrin:
Original post by MyChemicalGarden
I got the current as 1.54A, voltage Y as 2.23V and r as 3.1 ohms

I got this too, hope we don't loose marks for rounding errors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending