Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2014 OFFICIAL watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SellersOHR)
    I'll bring a condom
    Hi, can my friends join in, we want to see your test tube

ReputationRep:
    YES! I'm not saying its right because me and you have got it, but I got 1.56A, 1.25V and 3 ohms, always feels good when someone else gets the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naika98)
    What did everyone get for electricity qs. I got 1.1 a

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 2.3A for the current...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zij)
    What did you guys get from the resistance of the internal resistor question.
    i got 3 Ohms for the internal resistor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zij)
    What did you guys get from the resistance of the internal resistor question.
    Which one was this mate?

ReputationRep:
    for the question where you had to use the graph to work out current, did anyone else get 1.6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliyaMustafina)
    Hi, can my friends join in, we want to see your test tube
    Yh of course bring them all it's gonna get freaky. Yh of course I'll put it in your test tube holder...

ReputationRep:
    1.56 rounds to 1.6 so I guess yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SellersOHR)
    Yh of course bring them all it's gonna get freaky. Yh of course I'll put it in your test tube holder...
    guysssssss get snapchat talk on there or something

ReputationRep:
    I'm a ****ing idiot. Tried to be clever by taking 1.9 from 6 to get the power dissipated to work out the current. What was I thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerock)
    i did my answers to 2 s.f. so would it still be correct ?
    It should be alright did you get similar numbers to me? I suck at electricity...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the very last question? (How would the reading change if the Voltmeter was put over R)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerock)
    i got 3 Ohms for the internal resistor
    Yeah I got 3.04 ohms

ReputationRep:
    I got the current as 1.54A, voltage Y as 2.23V and r as 3.1 ohms

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if you used 3s.f. as long as you were consistent throughout the question? Or should you of used 2? for the graph question? as the emf and resistance they gave us were both to 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lew Breo)
    What did everyone put for the very last question? (How would the reading change if the Voltmeter was put over R)
    I put it would increase with temperature. Increase in temp decreases resistance and PD across thermistor. A larger proportion of PD then goes to R so the voltmeter reading would be higher. I have no idea if this is right or not. :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    I put it would increase with temperature. Increase in temp decreases resistance and PD across thermistor. A larger proportion of PD then goes to R so the voltmeter reading would be higher. I have no idea if this is right or not. :L
    Yeah that's right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    I put pretty much the same as you but in a lot less detail:') ahhh well, just have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyChemicalGarden)
    I got the current as 1.54A, voltage Y as 2.23V and r as 3.1 ohms
    I got this too, hope we don't loose marks for rounding errors

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.