Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who repped me for 'nice dancing' ? :p: - is it you Steve?....and yes, I do have nice dancing.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh, bazzasballs, what's your name? :p:

I've been in bed all day, save 2 hours of lectures, Luke is not feeling swell today >__<

Still a couple of people on here I haven't met, or I have met and don't know who they are on here

ReputationRep:
    Better than me. Two weeks here and still I can only match 5 of the names on the first page to real-life people with certainty , although I'm sure I've probably met you all at some point.

Maybe we should have a TSR table in the bar one night? Wait, was that meant to be tonight? D'oh!

ReputationRep:
    Moved in here to become the new John's college-specific thread. Have fun!

(And why haven't I met any of you yet?)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Helenia

Edit: Just facebooked you - we have 1 friend in common! Wow, it's like a googlewhack

ReputationRep:
    Ah right. Guessed it might be him. I wonder if we could create a new facebook-whacking sport?

ReputationRep:
    Just got on offer of AAA plus 1,2 in STEP II and III for Mathematics at St. John's! Has anyone else got offers from St. John's College? I'm particularly interested in Mathematics applicants, and whether they need 1,2 as well. From what I've read a lot of people at other, equally competitive colleges got 1,1, so I was wondering whether this is the standard offer at St. John's as well - anyone got any info?

I remember speaking to you KAISER_MOLE a few months back when I was deciding which college to apply to - thanks for your help! What was your STEP offer b.t.w.? I recall you are also from a comprehensive school and got S,S in the end, so I'm going to take any advice you can give on how to prepare!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaneP)
    Just got on offer of AAA plus 1,2 in STEP II and III for Mathematics at St. John's! Has anyone else got offers from St. John's College? I'm particularly interested in Mathematics applicants, and whether they need 1,2 as well. From what I've read a lot of people at other, equally competitive colleges got 1,1, so I was wondering whether this is the standard offer at St. John's as well - anyone got any info?
    I think 1,2 is the standard offer - the John's website says it should be:
    (Original post by http://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/subject_info/maths/)
    For Pre-A-level applicants taking two or more Mathematics A-levels, our normal conditional offer involves three ‘A’ grades at A2 (two in Mathematics and one in another subject), plus at least a Grade 1 and Grade 2 in Mathematics II and Mathematics III at STEP.
    Congratulations on the offer BTW! ;thumbsup;

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, another mathmo for John's here!

My offer's 1,1 in STEP 2 and 3 though - probably because a) I'm on a gap year and b) I got 2, 2 in my STEP last year (missed out on a 1 by about 3 marks on both papers :mad: ). I guess they want me to prove I'm completely capable . . .

Congrats on all your offers, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spy_Lord)
    Hi guys, another mathmo for John's here!

My offer's 1,1 in STEP 2 and 3 though - probably because a) I'm on a gap year and b) I got 2, 2 in my STEP last year (missed out on a 1 by about 3 marks on both papers :mad: ). I guess they want me to prove I'm completely capable . . .

Congrats on all your offers, and good luck!
    Nice - at least there's one other St. John's mathematician in my year on this forum! I'm really pleased I got into St. John's - it seems like the perfect college... ;thumbsup;

Good luck Spy_Lord with STEP this year. Which college did you apply to last year, and what was your STEP offer? Hopefully I'll be able to nail STEP first time round.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just got an offer for MML (German and Italian ab). Just wondering if there are any linguists around? And hi to all those already there, and all those who have so far said that they have offers for October 2007!

ReputationRep:
    Well done youz guys! Last year I got a AAA+1,2 offer too. Am not sure what advice I would have for STEP in all honesty ;-/ .

So far offer holders I've seen on TSR
    ShaneP (Maths)
    Spy_Lord (Maths)
    Lolalara (History and Education)
    Enfalas (MML)
    BPB (MML)
    BlueMooshoo (Economics)
    travel_gal (English 2008 entry)
    dups45 (NatSci 2008 entry)

ReputationRep:
    Heylo, ive decided i was silly for thinking of rejecting cam for durham, cam is deffo my first choice now, wether or not i get an A in maths though is a different question so u might not see me!

Johns is boss, i loved it when i stayed there, and i love new court. Does anyone have any pics of the rooms they stayed in, cus i was shoved in one above the tobacco shop accross the road!

ReputationRep:
    Remember in New Court you'll mostly be sharing rooms though...which does have its disadvantages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dups45)
    Heylo, ive decided i was silly for thinking of rejecting cam for durham, cam is deffo my first choice now, wether or not i get an A in maths though is a different question so u might not see me!

Johns is boss, i loved it when i stayed there, and i love new court. Does anyone have any pics of the rooms they stayed in, cus i was shoved in one above the tobacco shop accross the road!
    You were offered accomodation during your interview!? I had to travel up on the day.... :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i stayed in the guest rooms above the tobacco shop, just opposite the iron gates. They were small, but i suppose i wont have to stay in them when i go there. I notice the JCR has a plasma TV in there, looked quite cosy. Never got to look at the bar, gutted about that. I saw a room in cripps, that looked really nice, spacious, it overlooked the benson building of magdalen (i only no cus i stayed in benson once).

Anyone else here for Bio NatSci?

when did u all have ur interviews mine was on the...erm...4 and 5th of december if any of u wer there on the same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Remember in New Court you'll mostly be sharing rooms though...which does have its disadvantages

How is living miles out of Cam then? Lol. Besides, the duvets should cover enough to minimise embarasment from walk-in situations.

ReputationRep:
    Hi 'dups45', I was there on the 4th too! I was in the JCR a few times throughout the day, although my interviews and written test were quite nicely timed so that I was only at John's a couple or so hours before and after lunch, so I don't know if I would have been there at the same time as you.

To be honest, I am amazed if anyone can remember more than a couple of people they met at interview! I felt so ill and worried that my mind was totally scrambled!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPB)
    Hi 'dups45', I was there on the 4th too! I was in the JCR a few times throughout the day, although my interviews and written test were quite nicely timed so that I was only there a couple or so hours before and after lunch.
    To be honest, I am amazed if anyone can remember more than a couple of people they met at interview! I felt so ill and worried that my mind was totally scrambled!! :eek:
    I got there about 4 oclock on the monday (i think it was a monday), cus of bad trains and everything, so i ended up getting my TSA rescheduled for the next day. I really thought i had messed up my TSA. Met this one guy, who was in the room next to me, he was applying for law. I dont actually know his name, we met when i was sitting on my own for dinner, and he sat down at my table. If you are on here somewhere please tell me, i felt like a right fool not being able to call him by his name.

The JCR looks really nice, fuseball table, is there a pool table, and there is a plasma TV, hopefully ill be able to watch footy on that.... Is there anywere in cam that is a liverpool friendly bar anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Oooo, I was in the JCR most of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of that week, I had long blonde curly hair at the time. (has since gone)

Liverpool friendly bars should be outlawed.....oh and 3-1.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.