Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    You mention best attack and don't even bring up Man United's name, come off if.

Falcao, RvP, Rooney, Di Maria easily top 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol and how are these strikers who all have no pace(bar Di Maria who it is unknown where he'll play) are going to fit together?

Can easily see it being a clutter **** than a cohesive unit. Bayern and City's are probably better too(if you're including wingers as you added Di Maria).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Yeah there is. You have Antonio Valencia, the worlds best right back that Louis Van GOAT and Ed Goodward will transform into the best player in history and turn him into the new ronaldo

O Rly

Get your blinkers off mate.
    Damn, I guess you're right.

In other news Aguero is a **** striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    I'm not convinced.
    Talk about buying your way to the title. Chelsea are the only premiership team in the top 5 who had a net loss in the transfer window. Man U fans can not throw the "you bought the league" excuse around when we win the league.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of squads and purely based off paper at the moment:

Real Madrid
    Bayern
    Barcelona
    City
    Athletico Madrid
    Chelsea
    PSG
    Dortmund

In terms of form based off last season:

Athletico Madrid
    Real Madrid
    Bayern
    City
    Chelsea
    PSG
    Juventus
    (position 8 very hard to think of...) maybe barcelona???

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd fans have some serious red tinted glasses on when they talk about De Gea. Maybe he looks better than he is because of how **** everyone else is in that team, and when someone is actually good they suddenly look world class to a Utd fan? He's decent but saying he's the best in the league is just...well...stupid and biased as ****. Not even 100% convinced he's in the top 4 in the league.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Man Utd fans have some serious red tinted glasses on when they talk about De Gea. Maybe he looks better than he is because of how **** everyone else is in that team, and when someone is actually good they suddenly look world class to a Utd fan? He's decent but saying he's the best in the league is just...well...stupid and biased as ****. Not even 100% convinced he's in the top 4 in the league.
    Courtois, Cech, Lloris, Begovic.

I like De Gea, he is a good keeper, but I think you automatically get points for being at a big club whereas Begovic being at Stoke won't get as much recognition despite being one of the most consistent in the Prem for the last 2/3 years. Although he has been getting more credit in the last year or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    De Gea is a good shot stopper who can kick the ball well. In the prem and in a ****ty United defence he looks better than he is for this reason. Begovic would do a similar job for them if that's all they need to do. He's also a more commanding presence than De Gea.

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern
    Barcelona
    Chelsea
    City
    Atletico Madrid
    PSG
    Dortmund

ReputationRep:
    Barnet
    Barnet reserves
    Barnet under 19s
    Barnet under 17s
    Barnet ladies
    and three others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    You mention best attack and don't even bring up Man United's name, come off if.

Falcao, RvP, Rooney, Di Maria easily top 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you do have a good attack on paper, but they're new arrivals.
    Plus, everything behind your attack pales in comparison to many teams (and so do the results since August last year), 'United aren't worth considering a mention yet.

ReputationRep:
    Do people still think Atlético should be out of the top 8 and Dortmund should be in the top 8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Courtois, Cech, Lloris, Begovic.

I like De Gea, he is a good keeper, but I think you automatically get points for being at a big club whereas Begovic being at Stoke won't get as much recognition despite being one of the most consistent in the Prem for the last 2/3 years. Although he has been getting more credit in the last year or so.

(Original post by jam278)
    De Gea is a good shot stopper who can kick the ball well. In the prem and in a ****ty United defence he looks better than he is for this reason. Begovic would do a similar job for them if that's all they need to do. He's also a more commanding presence than De Gea.
    You guys sticking with this? Not top 4 in the league? On the level of Begovic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    You guys sticking with this? Not top 4 in the league? On the level of Begovic?
    Still agree with on the level of Begovic. Lloris I think has been dodgy, don't rate him as much as his first season so he'd probably be top 4 now.

You lot have been very defensive recently and concede loads of shots, meaning that shot stoppers like De Gea look better than they really are. The likes of Courtois or Neuer e.g. can be peppered all game and come intact but at the same time they are able to make the whole game look calm to them and provide a commanding presence in the air and come out quickly when they have been in a game with little chances created against them.

De Gea is looking better than he actually is. He is doing well though but it's no surprise that the last two or so seasons where you've been terrible defensively he's had his greatest seasons as a goalkeeper.

ReputationRep:
    Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Chelsea
    Atletico Madrid
    Manchester City
    PSG
    Juventus

ReputationRep:
    People finally putting Atlético in the top 8 squads now took them long enough :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3raz3r)
    Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Chelsea
    Atletico Madrid
    Manchester City
    PSG
    Juventus
    I'd put Chelsea above Barca based solely on how poor their defense is tbh. I know they've kept a lot of clean sheets but it's La Liga tbh, I'm confident if we were to play them right now we'd outscore them.

Other than that I'd say this is about right.

ReputationRep:
    1. Bayern Munich
    2. Barcelona
    3. Real Madrid
    4. Chelsea
    5. Man City
    6. Juventus
    7. PSG
    8. Athletico Madrid

ReputationRep:
    Bayern
    Real Madrid
    Man City
    PSG
    Chelsea
    Barcelona
    Juventus
    Atletico

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    I'd put Chelsea above Barca based solely on how poor their defense is tbh. I know they've kept a lot of clean sheets but it's La Liga tbh, I'm confident if we were to play them right now we'd outscore them.

Other than that I'd say this is about right.
    Yeah, Chelsea have the most airtight defence in Europe, except maybe Bayern. But Messi+Neymar+Suarez will be lethal when they get going. Messi is causing enough damage on his own atm.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    De Gea is looking better than he actually is. He is doing well though but it's no surprise that the last two or so seasons where you've been terrible defensively he's had his greatest seasons as a goalkeeper.
    We were just as terrible defensively in 12-13 the only difference was we had RVP to bail us out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.