Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What universities do you 'look down upon'? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arieisit)
    Yeah because you would know that they didn't choose a Cambridge graduate over you right? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty sure its a vocational degree like dentistry/medicine where it doesn't matter where you get the degree from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teen1234)
    Pretty sure its a vocational degree like dentistry/medicine where it doesn't matter where you get the degree from.
    A BSc in primary education is not a vocational course :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A BSc in primary education is not a vocational course :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thought they were talking about PGCE. They don't do that degree at oxford or cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChapelTom)
    I went to Liverpool Hope University, and graduated with a 2:1 BA Combined Honours History & Politics. No doubt some people will look down on that.

I don't look down on any Uni's to be honest, waste of time. I wouldn't want to be the sort of pompous prat who went to Oxbridge/'a well respected' anyway, it works both ways.
    This is pretty much the same thing as an Oxbridge student judging you for going to your university.

(Original post by hl7495)
    Yeah i know what you mean and imperial!!! imperial seem to think they are at the hardest uni ever when they basically just walked into offers. Noone understands the dental/medical school scenario like a dental/medical applicant one of the most streasfill things ever haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is fairly standard medical snobbery but usually you guys are a bit better informed than that. Imperial offers often have higher academic entrance requirements than medical school offers have. You guys do have interviews (Dunno if Imperial does these) and extra tests but for the latter I know that Imperial asks for an added exam in at least one case (Maths).

ReputationRep:
    That's a first, e-warriors :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a good sum of a lot of people

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I can't even get into university, so I don't have the right to look down on any university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Honestly, I don't look down on any. People are entitled to go where the heck they like and it isn't my place to judge. Some people work hard to get into a university that some would consider bad and it upsets me to see them put down for their achievements. Also, some apparently 'bad' universities are excellent for certain areas so completely dismissing them is ridiculous. Basically, if it doesn't affect you and your education, it's absolutely none of your business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think poorly of the University of Aberdeen for this:

Having outrageous rents
    https://www.ausa.org.uk/campaigns/cuttherent/

And a principal who awarded himself an increased salary, and he is an "outstanding" principal?

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...-highest-paid/
    https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...from-uni-post/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.