Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kidioteque
Cleary Gottlieb

Thanks.
anyone heard from linklaters for the winter workshop? thanks :smile:
Hogan Lovells phone interview

Is this after doing their psychometric tests?
Reply 223
Original post by IValkov
So it took them just a day to respond or?

Yep. I finished my interview with them at 1pm on Wednesday and they emailed me at 4pm Thursday telling me I had a place.
I heard back from them today, go an invitation to the AC (submitted on the 1st of Nov)
Does anyone have some advice for HSF assessment day??!thank you!
My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection :frown:
CMS Cameron McKenna - WG test done
Jones Day - Interview --> Waiting for result
HSF - Tests done, waiting on outcome
Weil - Waiting
Skadden - Waiting
Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
Travers Smith - Interview booked for in a few days time
White and Case - Waiting
DLA Piper - Waiting but they're not rolling so will be a while

If anyone has questions which I might be any help with feel free to ask
Original post by NotMikeRoss
My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection :frown:
Weil - Waiting
Skadden - Waiting
Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
White and Case - Waiting

was wondering when did you apply to to mischon and when did they get back to you because I was thinking of submitting an app soon since they review applications on a rolling basis. thanks!
Original post by school_freak
was wondering when did you apply to to mischon and when did they get back to you because I was thinking of submitting an app soon since they review applications on a rolling basis. thanks!

Applied to mishcon on 6/10, got the interview notification on 27/10 and got assessment centre email earlier today :smile:
Any tips for an NRF AC?
Hi, has anyone heard from Stephenson Harwood re Winter Scheme post interview?

Thanks
Reply 230
Hi LGF92,

Won't be joining you for the Spring Scheme, but have an interview for the Jones Day Summer Vac Scheme on Monday and wondered if you had any tips you would share?
I'm a non-law grad just started on my GDL with a previous career behind me. Have previously got to last round of T/C apps with Eversheds and Pinsent Masons and both times got feedback that they felt they would be taking too much of a risk on my related commercial, but not commercial law, experience. Shame neither of them thought offering me a vac sheme was a good solution:frown: As you'd expect I'm desperate to secure a vac scheme as I can't really remedy the lack of experience without one. Any tips would be very gratefully received! Thanks
Hogan Lovells phone interview

Well done! I've got mine coming up too, have you had yours yet (and if so, how was it?)
Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my query? Does anyone know the exact wording of HSF's open ended question? I haven't applied for a winter VAC scheme, but I'm thinking of applying for a summer one.

Thanks for reading and wish everyone the best of luck for their applications!
Anybody heard from HSF re Winter VS yet?!
Reply 234
Original post by NotMikeRoss

Weil - Waiting
Skadden - Waiting
White and Case - Waiting

Hi, I've got a phone interview for Hogan Lovells next week. I was wondering what sort of questions they asked you and how it went.

Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 235
Hey, does anyone know what an acceptable grade is for the Watson Glaser test? Is there a threshold above which you'd be invited for the next stage of the application process?
Has anyone heard anything either way from Linklaters or Freshfields about Christmas?
Original post by Griffin0007
Has anyone heard anything either way from Linklaters or Freshfields about Christmas?

I've heard from Freshfields but it was for the summer vac scheme.
Original post by Joseph1994
Anybody heard from HSF re Winter VS yet?!

Yeah, had my AC on the 12th, I got the offer the next day in the evening. When was your AC?
Original post by J-SP
It will vary from firm to firm. You don't get a percentage or pass rate, you will get a percentile (you are ranked against other people taking the test). The benchmark of that percentile will be different from firm to firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is not true for Hogan Lovells, they have a set pass rate that each potential candidate must achieve. Confirmed with graduate recruitment
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending