Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    Excellent to hear! Bet you audibly sighed with relief when you opened it.
    I didn't get to open it was at work, someone else opened it and sent me images of the letter as resquested. Nevermind, hope this doesn't reflect the decision letter patterns.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like I am the only one who hasn't received anything in the post...does anyone know if they are sending rejections out through the post as well??

ReputationRep:
    24th March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VitzyR)
    Seems like I am the only one who hasn't received anything in the post...does anyone know if they are sending rejections out through the post as well??
    I have not heard anything either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosieD)
    I have not heard anything either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you tried contacting them

ReputationRep:
    I'd give the post until the end of this week if you can. 2nd class post can take up to 5 working days I think :/
    Definitely drop them an email if nothing arrives by next week though.

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to return the video consent form if we don't want to be videoed, or some other way let them know? Or is it just opt-in and automatic opt-out?

ReputationRep:
    Phew! 24th march.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    still freaking nothing! I hope its just that the snow causing problems and not that I haven't got an interview :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitzy93)
    still freaking nothing! I hope its just that the snow causing problems and not that I haven't got an interview :O
    Definitely give them a call tomorrow. Should have been there by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Definitely give them a call tomorrow. Should have been there by now.
    Hey! I gave them a call last Thursday and they told me I'm on the list for having a letter sent out for interview - but will call again tomorrow if I don't receive anything in the post!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the interviews guys, I was in your shoes last year before GEM if you want to ask me any questions

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for the interview? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the different stations for the MMI as I never done one before and would be interested to know more, especially from people who have already been through the process thanks

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=EBG92;53717003]Congrats on the interviews guys, I was in your shoes last year before GEM if you want to ask me any questions [/QUOTE

Hey buddy, if you could just describe the interview that would really help. I'm trying to prepare as best I can and a little forewarning really helps with the nerves. Ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    Congrats on the interviews guys, I was in your shoes last year before GEM if you want to ask me any questions
    Hi. Thanks! How many stations were there and what did they consist of, please?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I realise I'm very late joining this thread, but from some initial internet-searching it seems like there will be 8 separate interviewers (clinicians, academics and a lay person). According to the website they'll be asking about whether we're realistic about what it means to be a doctor, our interest in the field of medicine, and personal attributes necessary for the study and practice of medicine. This is vague, of course, but I suppose it's enough to prepare a little?

My interview's on 1st April at 9:30

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that. I suppose they tailor the questions to what we have put on our applications, do you reckon? I should have made a copy of exactly what I put on my Work Experience form. I wish you good luck with your interview though I wish myself slightly more, of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane1296)
    Hi. Thanks! How many stations were there and what did they consist of, please?
    I can say there were 8 stations but for obvious reasons I'm not allowed to tell you what each station was. I think it has slightly changed since my interview but MMI is still a good way of carrying out the interviews.

don't panic if you mess up one station (I did) just move onto the next room and I'll be honest as soon as you step in through the door you forget about everything else

I hope this helps relax you guys a little bit knowing that a mistake here and there isn't always the end. It's very relaxed and you'll enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    I can say there were 8 stations but for obvious reasons I'm not allowed to tell you what each station was. I think it has slightly changed since my interview but MMI is still a good way of carrying out the interviews.

don't panic if you mess up one station (I did) just move onto the next room and I'll be honest as soon as you step in through the door you forget about everything else

I hope this helps relax you guys a little bit knowing that a mistake here and there isn't always the end. It's very relaxed and you'll enjoy it.
    Thanks for the tips. Georges was MMI and I bombed - hence the rejection. Are the stations timed and your buzzed out? And do the interviewers interact at all? I appreciate there is only so much you can tell us... Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.