The Student Room Group

Any aspiring female engineers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dahl786
trying to make a conversation but getting nothing back :frown:

What do you wish to converse about
When I think about you, I know that no one else will ever hold my heart the way you do.
Original post by Pomum96
What do you wish to converse about

When I met you, I knew I'd met my match. It was only a matter of time until we arrived at this moment. How it turns out is all in your hands. and finally i am tellig you that You deserve the very best, someone who will back you up without limits, let you grow without borders, and love you without end. Will you let me be the one?
pomum, what do you say ?
Original post by dahl786
When I met you, I knew I'd met my match. It was only a matter of time until we arrived at this moment. How it turns out is all in your hands. and finally i am tellig you that You deserve the very best, someone who will back you up without limits, let you grow without borders, and love you without end. Will you let me be the one?

Are you rich/well endowed/the most loving person i'll ever meet...?
Original post by Pomum96
Are you rich/well endowed/the most loving person i'll ever meet...?

i am extremely confident that i will satisfy all your needs, baby girl <3
Original post by dahl786
i am extremely confident that i will satisfy all your needs, baby girl <3

That translates to 'jerk'
Original post by dahl786
i disagree, pm your digits so we can have a talk over the phone ?

Well you said 'extremely confident' (instant turn off for me). Do you really want me to post a number just so you can find out it's fake?
Original post by Pomum96
Well you said 'extremely confident' (instant turn off for me). Do you really want me to post a number just so you can find out it's fake?

sure
Here. Although I'm still quite indecisive between Physics/Astrophysics and Aerospace Engineering/Astronautics. I think the first is more mentally demanding and I like the idea of doing a career in research about something beyond this planet; and/or something that can't be easily understood because it goes beyond our senses. The latter seems more practical and I'd also love to apply my knowledge to contribute more directly to the creation of planes, satellites, etc.
Basically I've always been fascinated by how things work and why they are the way they are. But I still need to find out which branch of physical science suits me the best.
Original post by It'sAllRelative
Here. Although I'm still quite indecisive between Physics/Astrophysics and Aerospace Engineering/Astronautics. I think the first is more mentally demanding and I like the idea of doing a career in research about something beyond this planet; and/or something that can't be easily understood because it goes beyond our senses. The latter seems more practical and I'd also love to apply my knowledge to contribute more directly to the creation of planes, satellites, etc.
Basically I've always been fascinated by how things work and why they are the way they are. But I still need to find out which branch of physical science suits me the best.

Hey, both paths are indeed great and interesting. I wouldn't say one is more demanding than the other, Physics is hard but aerospace is literally rocket science so it's not any less demanding. Bear in mind that there are aerospace courses that do Astronautics as well so they go in depth about space, orbital mechanics, etc. you need a PhD to get a proper physics related job/researcher & inaero masters is fine, if you're lucky you might land a job at NASA Or Space X, also remember engineering is not all about making things, there's a lot of researching as well.

Saying that, Engineers are born not made so if you're meant to be one then you will :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Why not Maths? We've got cookies... :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Me :smile: doing a 4 year integrated masters :smile:
Original post by bigboateng
if you're lucky you might land a job at NASA Or Space X

Unlikely unless a US citizen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Original post by It'sAllRelative

if you're more interested in the theory and why things are the way they are rather than application of the science then stick to Physics/Astrophysics.

Engineering is all about using the useful parts of science and mathematics in order to apply it to real world problems....so you won't be going into super depth on the science and learning why the equation is the way it is or whatever. You will do a little but no where near the depth as in say a physics degree where the main focus is deriving everything from the very start using science explanations.
For things like astrophysics, aeronautics and aerospace engineering, what are the A level grade requirements? And do you just know if youre meant to be an engineer :s-smilie: is it a love hate thing because thats the vibe I get
Original post by heyhey55
For things like astrophysics, aeronautics and aerospace engineering, what are the A level grade requirements? And do you just know if youre meant to be an engineer :s-smilie: is it a love hate thing because thats the vibe I get

Depends on the uni... AAA is a good start, some higher, some lower.
I'm so glad to see all these enthusiastic aspiring engineers! :3
Me, I'm going to be starting the Electronic engineering course that Coventry university offers.
I'm so exited😄😄😀. I feel that I've found a course that suits me, and that I'll be able to fully express myself. 😁😁😁
Original post by alisha179
Me, I'm going to be starting the Electronic engineering course that Coventry university offers.
I'm so exited😄😄😀. I feel that I've found a course that suits me, and that I'll be able to fully express myself. 😁😁😁

I am interested in Engineering and would like to ask you what grades you got at GCSE. I just received mine on 25th August which consisted of 6B's and 4C's so quite interested in knowing what you got to get bit of an idea.

Quick Reply

Latest