Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's official, the UK is the gayest nation in Europe! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    That's a lot of species, but accounts for 0.1% of all species. Ergo, it's still perfectly reasonable to argue that it's 'abnormal'/'unnatural' etc
    nice reasoning you have there. especially since all species are adapted to unique niches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Well it was just a joke but I like being gay, it suits me
    Suits you Sir! :camp:

sexuality is a spectrum
    Correct answer, where female sexuality is concerned

Why did it take you a month + to reply? XD
    I'm an old timer/slow poker :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    If you spent those last two months looking for them, I'm sure you know all about them
    You'd prefer not to answer, directly, the question put to you, on point of fact? How 'lefty progressive' of thee :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bolly_mad)
    The growing muslim community in the UK will be happy to hear this
    Relatedly, thoughts on the following thesis?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    gay = happy! So yes UK is the happiest nation in Europe because unlike the other EU countries, UK does not use the Euro
    I see what you did there! :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Gay people tend to have more mental health problems, so I'm not sure gay = happy, in that sense, unfortunately :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    It'll be all ok when the old ppl die out
    How so? :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    How so? :shakecane:
    idk i wrote that a while ago lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Well, in these rankings we're now behind Belgium and Malta. We've dropped 3% I believe due to how we've treated LGBT people claiming refugee status
    So because we're not a complete walk over in terms of immigration we're arbitrarily deemed less LGBT friendly? How queer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran1996)
    the sooner people treat a homosexual the same as a heterosexual the better
    Shouldn't think we'll ever all be treated exactly the same, as such, we're quite different and diverse beasts, but I agree the sooner we treat individuals broadly on their own merit, and without stigma/prejudice but instead with humanity and understanding, the better

honestly never understand why people care so much about something which doesn't effect them
    There are a multitude of ways in which such these things can have a direct/indirect impact on individuals/society, from gay cakes and compulsion to support LGBTQ ideological propaganda (or a massive legal case and fine of hundreds of pounds) through gay adoption of our children, and gay people essentially hijacking the age-old, once sacred, institution of marriage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rorschach II)
    Curious, do you think reproduction is the biological purpose of life? Do you think reproduction is the purpose of evolution?
    Essentially, yes :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NerradCFCB)
    Not going to affect blokes much, if at all, albeit that it will encourage more bi-curious experimentation (which isn't a bad thing, in and of itself, provided young people are sufficiently well prepared/safeguarded and it happens at the appropriate age)

That said, on the female side, I'm afraid sexuality is a non-binary for virtually 100% of women, so it certainly will influence related proclivities at the macro level. Again, nothing inherently wrong about this, to my mind, but this will have a host of direct and indirect psychological/sociological effects which may not be all that positive (e.g. long term) or to the betterment of mankind

There is an argument (below) for reduced unity and security of our civilisation in the wake of tides of progressivism. For me the effects of the post-Christian, feminist, and consumerist elements of 'human progress' are fairly clearly undermining society in those respects (see some of my other threads FYR). Remains to be seen what net impact marked change in the sphere of sexuality and gender identity, and related social/legal institutions, will bring. Hopefully nothing similarly devastating :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReader)
    Misleading title. Expected Uk to have most homosex in Europe.*
    Naw, that'd be Germany most likely, ja :camp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski191)
    Well actually, the graph says Belgium is higher than the UK
    That may have been the case when you wrote your comment, aye, but when I first posted the UK was TOTP :danceboy:

Spoiler:
    Show

Plus, Belgium isn't a proper country :mmm:

there will always be homophobic attitudes wherever you go
    True :sad:

..so this thread is (I apologize for saying this) a complete waste of time.
    Not sure why that should be so :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DauntlessOne)
    The trouble is liberal extremists/political correctness gone mad thinking individuals, taking it too far
    Yup. Above and beyond well meaning liberals/progressives, the sad truth is that cultural Marxists and relatively rootless crony capitalist super-rich overlords are, unquestionably, perverting/destabilising sociological norms and conditions :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Time to move

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Is there a similar map of the other countries in the world? Are there any enlightened African countries I wonder?
    Doubt it x 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Why are the microstates (apart from Malta) not as high as similar western countries?
    Smaller jurisdictions = smaller vocal minorities who can cajole/shame the rest of society into embracing sexual proclivities they are not altogether comfortable with, perhaps :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    Brexit was .. a chance for [far-right] to undo everything achieved by the EU and liberalism
    Who on the far right is undoing what, in this respect?

They see Brexit victory as a right to rebel against the liberal establishment to attack minorities, to condemn homosexuality
    Some truth in this, but one of the many counter-arguments is: what if we continued to fail to allow the people a say in their constitutional destiny? We have uncorked a bottle that would only have become even more pressurised over time, leading to goodness knows what kind of violent reaction when, finally, it was either uncorked or else exploded!

Since June 23rd we have gone back in time about 50 years to a more ignorant society
    That's an exaggeration, I'm sure you'll concede

equality, liberty and liberal values will be lost
    Not so, but they will be brought in line with traditional British values, and tempered by a healthy injection of pragmatism and social sustainability: all to the good, in the long-run, trust me

society is a feudal hierarchy
    Kind of is already, and this we must certainly address!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimkarsd)
    all species are adapted to unique niches
    Slightly self-defeating line of argument there amigo :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    idk i wrote that a while ago lol
    It's funny, this sort of nonsense became the Remoaner meme of 2016. Still hear youngsters suggesting we disenfranchise the elderly. What a lovely world we live in: thank God for our lefty-anarchist education system and all the unthinking little sprouts it spawns

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.