The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I'm a 2015 'firmer', to study Sociology! So excited! (and bloody terrified!)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
I have an offer from the University of Bath to study MChem Chemistry! My predicted grades are AAB. I loved Bath so much!
Reply 222
Congrats to everyone that has offers! I've been slacking recently, but I'll try I update the list in the first post over the next couple of days :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlescharles

Original post by AmyVictoria37
I have an offer from the University of Bath to study MChem Chemistry! My predicted grades are AAB. I loved Bath so much!

Congratulations to both of you on receiving offers.

If you have any questions about studying at Bath, or the application process, then please feel free to quote me.

I just had an offer to study Sociology at Bath too! I'm thinking of firming, but haven't had all decisions from universities yet!! AAAAAH
Just received an offer with placement conditional to 38 points for Psychology :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by melissapayne
Just received an offer with placement conditional to 38 points for Psychology :smile: :smile: :smile:

Well done!! :biggrin:
Original post by meeeeee7
Did anyone else get invited to a post offer open day on the 10th of December? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I have! What have you applied for?
Original post by gingerlucy
I just had an offer to study Sociology at Bath too! I'm thinking of firming, but haven't had all decisions from universities yet!! AAAAAH

Yay! I've found someone else! I've been trying to hunt down a Facebook page for Bath firmers, or near-firmers, but to no avail! Ditto, I'm still waiting on one. Where else have you applied for Sociology?
Omg same!! It feels as though I'm the only person doing sociology haha! I've applied to Bath, Cardiff, Exeter, Bristol and Bath Spa! How about you?
Original post by gingerlucy
Omg same!! It feels as though I'm the only person doing sociology haha! I've applied to Bath, Cardiff, Exeter, Bristol and Bath Spa! How about you?

I totally know what you mean, although, I keep seeing people on threads slating Sociology as a 'soft subject' or a 'doss' and it's grinding my gears, argh! I've applied to Bath, Durham, Exeter, Warwick and LSE. Do you think you're likely to firm Bath? It's all so exciting :-)
I totally know what you mean, although, I keep seeing people on threads slating Sociology as a 'soft subject' or a 'doss' and it's grinding my gears, argh! I've applied to Bath, Durham, Exeter, Warwick and LSE. Do you think you're likely to firm Bath? It's all so exciting :-)

I understand you sooo much! Everyone seems to think it's a hippy subject or whatever, but it's so much more respected by employers now than it used to be. They haven't done their research haha! Umm, Bath was my aspirational choice...but I also really like the look of the Bristol course. I am clueless at the moment haha, there's a high chance that I'll firm it though! Are you doing Sociology at A level? And what do you want to do after uni? :smile:
Exactamundo! We're definitely on the same page! Ooh, Bristol's quite near Bath isn't it? I never looked there actually. Yes, I am doing it A Level, but I kinda want a fresh start at Undergraduate level, so I'm basically gonna approach it with a clean slate, as if I haven't studied it before, if you get me?! Oh gosh, what I want to do changes with the day, but I'd either like to work in the Police, as a Journalist or do social media/marketing, but they're all totally, totally different :colondollar: What about you?
Original post by cenxo
Just got a conditional for Accounting & Finance - AAA Also received one from Warwick on the same day :smile:

when did you apply? and how long did it take to get offers?
I have also applied to Warwick!
Exactamundo! We're definitely on the same page! Ooh, Bristol's quite near Bath isn't it? I never looked there actually. Yes, I am doing it A Level, but I kinda want a fresh start at Undergraduate level, so I'm basically gonna approach it with a clean slate, as if I haven't studied it before, if you get me?! Oh gosh, what I want to do changes with the day, but I'd either like to work in the Police, as a Journalist or do social media/marketing, but they're all totally, totally different :colondollar: What about you?

Yeah!! They are less than an hour away from each other if I remember correctly!? I love in Cardiff so they're a nice distance away too! :smile: A lot of people have said that about starting fresh! I didn't actually take sociology A level, but it looks so interesting to me! I didn't have the opportunity to study it at A level...so I'm taking a bit of a risk haha! Pooh you're like me! I really want to be a journalist and always have...so I'll probably go down that route! But, other media careers, advertising and marketing all appeal to me too! I've chosen it because there are so many different options and I'm not good t making my mind up haha!
Reply 235
Applyed for accounting and finance. Really hope to get a place, Bath is amazing for my course! I only have to get an answer from here and LSE and I'll be done with the first part of the stress :biggrin: my chances don't look too good but hey, it's still not a no yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 236
Original post by winnerjang
when did you apply? and how long did it take to get offers?
I have also applied to Warwick!

I sent my application off on the 5th Nov and got offers from Warwick & Bath on the 11th at around 5pm :smile:
Original post by cenxo
I sent my application off on the 5th Nov and got offers from Warwick & Bath on the 11th at around 5pm :smile:

Hi cenxo,
Congratulations on your offer from Bath!

I'm Carly, a second year student studying Modern Languages and European studies. If you have any questions about studying at Bath feel free to quote me and I can answer them.

Carly
Is there anyone else going to the Chemistry post offer open day on Thursday 27th?
Original post by AmyVictoria37
Is there anyone else going to the Chemistry post offer open day on Thursday 27th?

I'm going to the same post offer day

Quick Reply

Latest