Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Did they tell you they monitor the message boards as well? Unashamedly sucking up is not going to win you a place

I spent the weekend following my interview over analysing every aspect, even though I knew it wouldn't help. Just try to look at the next step in your application, which is hopefully the next interview
    I still get flash backs at the most random times and I think NOoo what a stupid way to word it or why didn't you include an example... Ecetera etcetera. I know I should let it go but it is so hard. It will all be over soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esthersparklebut)
    Not sure if this is good or bad. Less time to hope...I am in a bed and breakfast at Swansea (for me interview) and I still keep checking this thread every two hours. .
    Oooh, I hope it goes well! I never considered Swansea or Cardiff, I wonder if I should have now. All know about Wales is that's where they make Dr Who.

God, I have a yes from Exeter but SGUL is the one I want so baddddd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
    I've just been investigating my old emails from last year, and last year we heard next week. Since everything seems to be on the same timeframe, I'm hoping that this means we'll know soon.
    That would be nice! I was expecting end of Feb really. Was it quite drawn out last year, with offers being sent over a period of weeks or initial offers all sent in one batch?

ReputationRep:
    So are we thinking what we were told today about references was just a threat for is to submit them sooner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    That would be nice! I was expecting end of Feb really. Was it quite drawn out last year, with offers being sent over a period of weeks or initial offers all sent in one batch?
    I think it all happened on the 6th in one day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    So are we thinking what we were told today about references was just a threat for is to submit them sooner?
    I would assume that they meant it and get the information in ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
    I've just been investigating my old emails from last year, and last year we heard next week. Since everything seems to be on the same timeframe, I'm hoping that this means we'll know soon.
    Do you know how do they mark the interview, and do they give you the marks you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benhope7)
    Do you know how do they mark the interview, and do they give you the marks you got?
    Sorry - editing as I commented on the wrong thread - they'll not give you anything. SGUL don't give you any feedback, any info anything, just *no* and off you trot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esthersparklebut)
    I think it all happened on the 6th in one day.
    Yup, that's when I got my rejection...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)

We were told before the interviews started that, they are having a meeting in 2 weeks and we should know by the end of Feb. I don't think there are any more interviews left now.

Anyway, I need to stop ruminating over my interview. There were some tricky questions. Hopefully by prepping for Nottingham it will take my mind off the interview(s). Or maybe I will realise even more things I forgot to say!

ReputationRep:
    I was told on my interview day that we would be told within 4 weeks, which would be 13th Feb. They did mention a meeting the assessors were having, which I think they said was 2nd week of Feb.
    I found it pretty horrendous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone not think the MMI at SGUL went terribly? Mine was awful haha

ReputationRep:
    I can't take the wait, I really can't.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree, the wait isn't good!
    Anyone know how we find it out - is it via email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laffers78)
    Totally agree, the wait isn't good!
    Anyone know how we find it out - is it via email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it was last year.

ReputationRep:
    I was told on my interview day that we would be told within 4 weeks, which would be 13th Feb. They did mention a meeting the assessors were having, which I think they said was 2nd week of Feb.
    I found it pretty horrendous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd hoped it would be this week we'd all hear, but this makes it sound like it'll be next week at the earliest...Hmmmm.....

ReputationRep:
    Thinking back, I was so nervous, it is entirely possible that the 'meeting of the assessors' was 2nd Feb rather than 2nd week, so perhaps they will tell us this week....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thinking back, I was so nervous, it is entirely possible that the 'meeting of the assessors' was 2nd Feb rather than 2nd week, so perhaps they will tell us this week....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha! Know what you mean. Those pre-interview chats are a joke. Before my interview they tried to do a Q&A with a current student, and it was a complete non-starter. I looked around and most people were just staring at the floor trying not to throw up.

ReputationRep:
    LoL ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNHE)
    Ha! Know what you mean. Those pre-interview chats are a joke. Before my interview they tried to do a Q&A with a current student, and it was a complete non-starter. I looked around and most people were just staring at the floor trying not to throw up.

hahaha, so true, I went to ask a question, but I realised I couldn't control/stop my arm from shaking. I thought it would better that I wouldn't show how unbelievable scared I was. hahahaha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.