Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tall Guys: Do you like short girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    only to rest my drink on their head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All-rounder)
    Short girls are generally cuter than taller ones because they fit into the petite category.
    Am I attracted to them? Yes
    Would I date one? Yes
    Would I have 'relations' with one? Hell Yeah!
    Would I have a child with one? No, but that's just me hunting for the perfect gene pool. I'm 6'1, almost 6'2, and want my kids to be tall too. Stronger genes means increased intelligence (on average but not definitively), they'd deserve the best possible start in life.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I don't honestly think there's any correlation between tallness and intelligence. Besides if the girl you were going for was really smart there's little chance her offspring would be different (unless of course you were rather thick yourself). Plus I don't see why you wouldn't want a child with a shorter woman if she's was the one for you and ticked all your boxes. It'd be heartless to turn her down for a serious commitment simply because she was short...

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't think I'd marry a short girl, would get a girl around 5'6 to marry probs. Would have a short girlfriend who's around 5'1 for sure though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so like 5'1-5'4?
    what a stupid question, height is completely irrelevant, if someone is a nice person, i would find them no less or more attractive if they were taller/shorter.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 11", and don't really mind that much about height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporality)
    I don't honestly think there's any correlation between tallness and intelligence. Besides if the girl you were going for was really smart there's little chance her offspring would be different (unless of course you were rather thick yourself). Plus I don't see why you wouldn't want a child with a shorter woman if she's was the one for you and ticked all your boxes. It'd be heartless to turn her down for a serious commitment simply because she was short...
    I said the correlation was between stronger genes and intelligence, second time I've had to say this, people need to learn to read

Also, yea, it'd be pretty heartless to turn her away because she was short. I wouldnt do that, I just wouldnt have children with her. Even if she ticked all the boxes of things I like in a woman, it wouldn't be the best genetic start for our child. I'm not saying I wouldnt have relationships with them, I just wouldnt have children with them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 5"8 guy and I only date taller girls. My last girlfriend was taller than me and my current one is the same height.

ReputationRep:
    tbh im sure heels have sorted the short problem out ! it just means short girls will have more bruised and horrible feet than taller girls because they tend to have to wear heels more often than taller women.

ReputationRep:
    tbh im sure heels have sorted the short problem out ! it just means short girls will have more bruised and horrible feet than taller girls because they tend to have to wear heels more often than taller women. 

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All-rounder)
    I said the correlation was between stronger genes and intelligence, second time I've had to say this, people need to learn to read

Also, yea, it'd be pretty heartless to turn her away because she was short. I wouldnt do that, I just wouldnt have children with her. Even if she ticked all the boxes of things I like in a woman, it wouldn't be the best genetic start for our child. I'm not saying I wouldnt have relationships with them, I just wouldnt have children with them.
    If more than one person is having trouble understanding what you've said, that indicates that there was something unclear about the way you expressed yourself, not that all those peoplle can't read.

'Stronger genes' is not a clear turn of phrase to use anyway - that could mean genes that make a person have physical strength or it could mean genes that are desirable. This thread is about tallness and shortness, not physical strength anyway. Could you explain what you actually meant in a logical and clear fashion? Then maybe people wouldn't have trouble understanding.

Plus turning down a woman for procreation is still harsh. I like how people apparently switch on and off their romantic feelings for someone based on cultural or genetic compatability. For me turning off your feelings for someone is an impossibility

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousmouse)
    What about a girl who's 5'6, is that too tall?
    6'4" guy here; 5'6" is definitely not too tall. If anything 5'6" is pretty much bang on the money for a tall SO: any shorter and we 'tallies' start looking a little creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So how tall would you prefer your girl to be?
    I would like a 5:5 to 5:8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousmouse)
    What about a girl who's 5'6, is that too tall?
    Thats beautiful height for a girl <3

(Original post by ubi1)
    I would like a 5:5 to 5:8
    haha lol that's ok and how tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    Yeaaah those are some nice heights I guess because it's more feminine, and it makes us feel bigger and protective over them? Can't really explain why, all I know is that its nice
    Look at you getting quizzed lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IqraHaq)
    Look at you getting quizzed lol
    Loool what about it?

ReputationRep:
    Loool what about it?
    Nuthing :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IqraHaq)
    Nuthing :flutter:
    If you say so :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    If you say so :giggle:
    I'm 5ft btw, jus sayin :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Okay the thing is I don't mind small girls (anything 5"1 and up) but it's when they're too small it kinda creeps me out a bit (there I said it!)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.