Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sitting with a conditional and I'm so nervous about my results! Feel d's though I've not done enough to get in which I will be gutted about it. Keep thinking about these results ahh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All these people sweating over their Highers makes me worried about next year... :afraid:
    I don't have to care all I did were a bunch of easy-ass N5s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepingStag)
    All these people sweating over their Highers makes me worried about next year... :afraid:
    Dw, Highers are only as hard as you make them. With hard work Im sure you will be able to get the grades you want.

ReputationRep:
    Well I just got a cancellation...my driving test is now on results day. This could be interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepingStag)
    Stay on top of it and you'll be fine. Just don't go into the year thinking, "I breezed through Nat 5 so I don't have to work hard this year", because you will have a totally fun time cramming for your exams. Totally not speaking from experience here or anything... -_-

Out of interest, what highers are you taking this year?

ReputationRep:
    Only a week left!! Hope it goes by fast for everyone

ReputationRep:
    this day next week i suspect everyone being on here anyone feeling nerves now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nECS)
    Well I just got a cancellation...my driving test is now on results day. This could be interesting

goodluck mines is on 17th August haha !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldenAge)
    Stay on top of it and you'll be fine. Just don't go into the year thinking, "I breezed through Nat 5 so I don't have to work hard this year", because you will have a totally fun time cramming for your exams. Totally not speaking from experience here or anything... -_-

I can confirm that higher biology / human biology is easy as **** :P Almost finished the course now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecasx)
    I can confirm that higher biology / human biology is easy as **** :P Almost finished the course now.
    I'm crashing it this year and it is literally the easiest thing I've ever done. Like why didn't I take it last year? I'm doing better than some of the old Nat 5 kids which is amazing because I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe I'm in the dumb class...

ReputationRep:
    I'm crashing it this year and it is literally the easiest thing I've ever done. Like why didn't I take it last year? I'm doing better than some of the old Nat 5 kids which is amazing because I don't know what I'm doing. Maybe I'm in the dumb class...
    It's actual piss. I've self-taught Units 1, 2 and a third of Unit 3 over the summer so far.

It's a baby's course with every topic simplified to ****, compared to the new Higher that has all sorts of cool stuff like the mechanisms of immune response, fast/slow-twitch muscle fibers and even cancer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecasx)
    It's actual piss. I've self-taught Units 1, 2 and a third of Unit 3 over the summer so far.

It's a baby's course with every topic simplified to ****, compared to the new Higher that has all sorts of cool stuff like the mechanisms of immune response, fast/slow-twitch muscle fibers and even cancer.
    The old higher human had immune responses

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually ****ting bricks for these results now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    The old higher human had immune responses

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Explained in a grossly over-simplified manner. The new Higher delves into some pretty interesting mechanisms. There's actually a half-unit on the immune system alone. Course seems considerably larger based on course arrangements.

Edit: more terms too. For example, whereas you would refer to a compound merely as a '4C compound' in the old Higher, you would call it 'oxaloacetate' in the new Higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElectricScalpel)
    Wow, this is tense! By curiosity, did anyone do the RMPS exam? How did you think it went?
    Thought it went good , could have been better . Did you sit higher rmps? . If yes what sections did you cover?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecasx)

Load of piss? This is good news. I have a feeling after this year I'm gonna need all the piss easy subjects I can get. I tend to go along with my school's general consensus that New Higher is a load of absolute pish. At the rate the teacher's going she can make anything sound cool. She's absolutely crazy so you can't not be entertained by what you're learning. :L

What made you want to self-teach the course? Like, not gonna lie, I've had the urge to get ahead and just do some hard core learning, but I haven't given in just yet. (I did give myself a crash course on art history despite not needing it for AH. I just like me some Greek myths, Russian paintings and John William Waterhouse.) I'm a loser, please ignore me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adykonvict1)
    Thought it went good , could have been better . Did you sit higher rmps? . If yes what sections did you cover?
    Yeah, I sat it
    I did:
    • War and Peace
    • Islam
    • Belief in Science

I'm hoping for an A - apparently the pass mark is meant to be lowered slightly this year

ReputationRep:

Of course! Doesn't help that I'm a natural procrastinator haha!

I'm taking maths, English, physics, computer science, geography and accounting. I'm wanting to study computing at uni

ReputationRep:
    Just think, this time next week it'll all be over. Unless you've got a very slow postman...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecasx)

If its so easy then why did you self teach it over your summer? Seems kinda pointless then imo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.