Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most annoying teacher phrases Watch

ReputationRep:
    The too frequent lecture on how we would spend our entire adult lives wishing that we had revised more.

ReputationRep:
    Teacher: "You're late. Where have you been?"

Student: "My bus was late" etc etc

Teacher: "Don't talk back to me!"

Not really a 'teacher saying' but this pissed me right off.

ReputationRep:
    'This isn't something that you can leave until the night before!'

'Why are you packing away? The bell hasn't gone yet!'

'You should have gone to the toilet between classes.'

Grrrrrr. I think each teacher has their own little sayings that annoy us all

ReputationRep:
    "You'll be serving me at McDonald's if you continue with that attitude..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snailsareslimy)
    'Can I go to the toilet?"
    "I don't know, can you?" / "You mean may I go to the toilet"

"Why didn't you go at break time?"

I didnt ****ing need to at break time!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few people have mentioned teachers talking about children dying from falling off chairs they were swinging on.

Y5 onward I always used to say "oh he didn't fall off his chair - mwahahaha" and continue to lean back (6)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC)
    "Why didn't you go at break time?"

I didnt ****ing need to at break time!!!!
    Yes! That one too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    The story about a boy leaning back on his chair who fell, cracked his head and died.
    This actually happened when I was in year 2 only he didn't die!

ReputationRep:
    "Why isn't your diary signed?!"

I just started signing it myself after the first few weeks of year 8.

ReputationRep:
    "I don't get paid anything, but....I love teaching! But I don't get paid anything...."

ReputationRep:
    "You all can be anything you want to be."

"Nap time!"

"Share."

ReputationRep:
    "No, you're not going for lunch yet - there's still 32 seconds of class left!"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Can I go to the toilet?"

"You should have gone at breaktime!"

"Well, I'm sorry that I don't plan out my pee schedule."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [Before drawing on the whiteboard:]

"I'm not an artist, but…"

(We know you're not an artist. You're a teacher.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When you are in first year of secondary school and you're in biology learning about sex and the reproductive system for the first time - "right c'mon there's nothing funny about the human body!". At 12 yrs old, everything is funny!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We had the most awesome history teacher in sixth form. She was brilliant as a teacher, had a brilliant mind and was never boring. Mad as a hatter, she was. However, she used to repeat things all the time, so much so it became a joke among everyone. Her favourite was "you see what I mean?", and my god she said it so often that my friend and I kept a tally every lesson for a while. I kid you not, one time in a single fifty minute lesson, she said it seventeen times!

"Why didn't you go (to the loo) at break?" Gee, I don't know, maybe because I didn't NEED IT then!?"

"Fine, you fail, see if I care"

ReputationRep:
    Anything my GCSE maths teacher ever said when she wasn't going through something can come out under here, I remember once a lad asked "Miss, can I go the toilet?" she would reply with "i'm sure you can at your age" before an intensive investigation into why he didn't go at break. Every one of her rants ended with "when I say jump, you say how high" and she would say "okay" after every sentence. And before every test she would reminisce about the time she allegedly ripped up a boys test paper who cheated, in front of the class making him cry uncontrollably, whether it was true or not she never failed to remind us. My all time favourites she said to a lad was "I've got my gcse, I've got my a level and i've got my degree, what have you got?" and when she said to another "On results day we'll both be opening envelopes, my reaction will be good because its my wages, what will yours be?" and her most used one "it doesn't bother me if you don't want to work, I'm still getting paid". Surprisingly enough many in the class didn't like her sarcasm, but I liked how she was fair with you if you were fair with her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    The story about a boy leaning back on his chair who fell, cracked his head and died.
    I was in the classroom with that kid. (he didn't die, but he did crack his head open)

ReputationRep:
    "That's fine, if you all want to mess about go ahead. I hope you all charge enough for food when you're charging for handies when you're all working on the corners".
    I'm not even joking, my geography teacher used to say this ALL the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzehWolf)
    "That's fine, if you all want to mess about go ahead. I hope you all charge enough for food when you're charging for handies when you're all working on the corners".
    I'm not even joking, my geography teacher used to say this ALL the time.
    That's an... odd thing to say commonly.

Then again my Chemistry teacher used to always say 'fine keep talking, then you'll all fail Science and have to live in this hellhole forever'. He really hates the area we live in - makes me wonder why he works here then. :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.