44.83%
    Rosberg
    3.45%
    Other(specify in thread)
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Driver of the day? Poll up in a minute

Ricciardo, Alonso, Hamilton or Rosberg or Other are probably going to be the poll options.

Thoughts?
    Got to be Hamilton. Pit lane to podium at a slightly easier Monaco.

ReputationRep:
    Lewis if he is allowed to keep 3rd has just shown that he is an unbelievably good driver, even if the car costs him the title this year, he's shown Nico up again today, beating him from the pitlane with Nico on pole, gulf in class today was huge one.

ReputationRep:
    Love how Hamilton ran rosberg off the circuit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Driver of the day? Poll up in a minute

Ricciardo, Alonso, Hamilton or Rosberg or Other are probably going to be the poll options.

Thoughts?
    Hamilton by a long way then Alonso just ahead of Ricciardo, Rosberg driver of the day? going from pole to 4th behind his team-mate who started in the pits? not on this planet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Not really, Ricciardo would still be first
    True, he'd really won after the pit stops around lap 40.

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    FIA not punishing Alonso for cutting the chicane ****ed Lewis as he was stuck behind him so lost tyre degradation & track position

Lewis did to Nico what Nico did to Bottas earlier on, just wait for the FIA to do him for it as well.

racist FIA imo, can't think of anything else to explain their anti-Lewis agenda tbh.
    Riciardo was a second a lap faster before Alonso slowed him down, he'd have breezed past him if there was no DRS from Alonso.

Well, people complain either way. Though I do agree.

ReputationRep:
    pit lane to 3rd from Lewis despite rain, beating his team-mate who was on pole, amazing overtakes, amazing defending, driver of the season so far by a long shot.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if Hamilton let Rosberg through. That would have been a nasty post race team brief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Riciardo was a second a lap faster before Alonso slowed him down, he'd have breezed past him if there was no DRS from Alonso.

Well, people complain either way. Though I do agree.
    oh I agree Ricciardo would've caught Lewis for sure, but Alonso only beat him to 2nd and pushed him back towards Nico because he cut that chicane, if he had slowed like he should've or taken a penalty then Lewis would've got him imo.

happy for Ricciardo as well, he seems like a really nice guy & drove really well again today, he's destroying the supposedly "amongst the best ever in F1" Vettel this year

Alonso is a top driver as well but the chicane cutting was a no-no imo, not really sure I think drivers should force each other off the track either but as Nico did it today as well it evens out in that sense.

ReputationRep:
    Ric and Bottas future world champs. I wouldn't be surprised if bottas ended up at either Redbull or McLaren.

ReputationRep:
    Fernando. That Ferrari is an absolute dog & he managed to keep a dominant Mercedes behind him.

ReputationRep:
    oh I agree Ricciardo would've caught Lewis for sure, but Alonso only beat him to 2nd and pushed him back towards Nico because he cut that chicane, if he had slowed like he should've or taken a penalty then Lewis would've got him imo.

happy for Ricciardo as well, he seems like a really nice guy & drove really well again today, he's destroying the supposedly "amongst the best ever in F1" Vettel this year

Alonso is a top driver as well but the chicane cutting was a no-no imo, not really sure I think drivers should force each other off the track either but as Nico did it today as well it evens out in that sense.
    Hamilton had loads of chances to overtake Alonso but failed every time, what makes you think the corner that Alonso would have made things any different? Btw Alonso lifted after he cut the corner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wat a wizard)
    Love how Hamilton ran rosberg off the circuit
    Can't wait to hear Rosberg complain about both that and Hamilton not letting him past in the middle of the race when he was constantly 1,0 to 1.2 seconds back... :rollseyes:

Hamilton by a long way then Alonso just ahead of Ricciardo, Rosberg driver of the day? going from pole to 4th behind his team-mate who started in the pits? not on this planet.

I would put Hamilton first ehn Ricciardo and alonso equal very close behind. they all did awesomely.

aamzing driving my Alonso on even older tyres than Hamilton. he started higher but he has a much slower car. riciardo was lucky with the first SC but he then did awesome with what he was given.

Hamilton, Pit lane start to podium =driver of the day unless the winner also started there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD)
    Ric and Bottas future world champs. I wouldn't be surprised if bottas ended up at either Redbull or McLaren.
    agreed, if Red Bull dominate again any season soon then Ricciardo looks like he will have the measure of Vettel as it stands.

Bottas to McLaren is a very good shout as well, reckon they keep Button for 2015 but replace him with Bottas for 2016 (unless they do it before but I think they should give Magnussen one more year at least, Vandoorne is their "third" driver & he isn't quite ready yet imo (a year or two off it I think though)

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if Hamilton let Rosberg through. That would have been a nasty post race team brief.

Could have given Rosberg a fighting chance for the wing tbh if he had but it would have completely screwed Hamilton. Better for the team but a team mate is not going to kill their own race like Lewis needed to.

ReputationRep:

Definitely. if they can get into the correct team both of them have the potential. Ricciardo is destroying vettel in an equal car.(lucky today with Sc but beating him in other races)

Bottas is very quick. Want to see him in the Mclaren next year or 2016 after button leaves.

ReputationRep:
    Hamilton had loads of chances to overtake Alonso but failed every time, what makes you think the corner that Alonso would have made things any different? Btw Alonso lifted after he cut the corner.
    if Alonso had lost the time he should've done or got a penalty for cutting then Lewis would've past him imo, if he'd lost the time then Lewis would've been alongside him on the straight, even Fernando wouldn't be able to stop him then. proof? sincerely doubt his lifting cost him anything like as much as it should've either

ReputationRep:
    if Alonso had lost the time he should've done or got a penalty for cutting then Lewis would've past him imo, if he'd lost the time then Lewis would've been alongside him on the straight, even Fernando wouldn't be able to stop him then. proof? sincerely doubt his lifting cost him anything like as much as it should've either
    Get over it mate, Lewis wasn't good enough to overtake Alonso. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    Bottas is well locked in at Willies for a number of years so it would take a lot of money to move him, at least currently.

More likely be Grosjean at McLaren.

*insert bit about being a personal opinion and not that of the team here*

ReputationRep:
    Get over it mate, Lewis wasn't good enough to overtake Alonso. End of story.
    then why did he cut the chicane?

ReputationRep:
    then why did he cut the chicane?
    Because his tyres were knackered

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.