Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

According to the people on this forum, for a guy to just get an average girl.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    The thing is at this point I think he's a troll, but I'm pretty sure you aren't...

Presentation is more important than content in speech a lot of the time, but it's the delivery, ie the confidence of the person speaking, that makes the biggest difference, not how they look (though that is important too).
    Talking from experience here, if a (shallow) girl likes you, doesn't matter what you say. You can talk a load of **** and she'l laugh at all your jokes etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what is this)
    How dost thou darest go against the teachings of Aristotle?

Aristotle is life
    Aristotle is love
    Aristotle is God.

Respect the great men of the past, never disrespect them.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...1657-78793.gif

Women have it so ****ing easy in this world it's unbelievable yet you're still being a white knight in the hopes some girl on TSR will ask you out on a date.LOL.
    So you should respect someone in the past, for no rational reason (since you have offered me not one) on the basis that he is 'life', 'love' and 'god'.Despite his support for natural slavery. Be interested in Aristotle yes, he is a profound, interesting, great thinker. but analyse him in context, not mindlessly regurgitate spiel.

On your 2nd point which doesn't really merit a response, since it is essentially an Ad Homenin attack, nothing you say is true. Women do not have it easier in the world than men, they earn less, are encouraged to objectify themselves continuously, are demonised over things they have no control (though in all honesty, women's issues are not my major area of intellectual interest). You are correct in the fact I currently have no girlfriend, though how I am 'being a white knight in hte hopes that some girl on TSR will ask me out' is a ridiculous notion considering I have a) made under 50 posts in 3 years, b) responded to a quite awful thread which promotes nothing of any value (I am also in a very bad mood, and want something to vent against). I don't engage with women over the internet, nor do I have any desire to portray something I do not believe over the medium. I am merely suggesting that your viewpoint is incorrect, and offering some reasons for it. Feel free to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    What the hot guy has to do:

Turn up.

what the average guy has to do:

Be tall, be ripped, have a 12 inch penis, have great social skills, be smooth, be a charmer, be a gentleman, he basically has to bring the britannica of social skills with him to have even a small chance.

LTR's which don't last are useless lol.
    if the average guy has all those things, he is not an average guy. And many guys get laid without most of those traits.

And wow really? If nothing else you are getting a lot more sex than is possible going out on the pull.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its easier for girls because they have to wait for the guy to ask them out. Guys can ask out anyone they want. I do agree that a below average woman can get an attractive man. I am talking about really, amazingly gorgeous guys. The ones whose features are so perfect you want to punch them LOL. They always date the ugly girls. Why is this so?

ReputationRep:
    It's 100% legit, of course I'm exaggerating in a lot of places but the fundamental message is true.
    ye it's just common sense I don't see why literally everyone in this thread is arguing with you.

If you're good looking you can choose from 100s of people to date. And if you're not you don't have much choice.

lel I know for a fact that you can be an awkward retard but if girls think you're good looking they'l just fawn over you.

And its the same for girls. But the amount of girls that recieve that kind of attention is WAY WAY WAY higher than it is for men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Talking from experience here, if a (shallow) girl likes you, doesn't matter what you say. You can talk a load of **** and she'l laugh at all your jokes etc.
    I agree, but the point here is it isn't just about looks, she likes you for various reasons. If a good looking guy is awkwardly mumbling, girls won't be latching onto his every word. I'm a grade a bull****ter, you don't even have to be attractive, just speak with absolute confidence and people will follow what you say, men and women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    if the average guy has all those things, he is not an average guy. And many guys get laid without most of those traits.
    I never meant overall average, I mean a guy who looks average facially.

And in my opinion, overall, taking everything into account, the average looking guy with all those trait is a far better man than the hot dumb guy, unfortunately girls don't think that way and that's all that matters.

And wow really? If nothing else you are getting a lot more sex than is possible going out on the pull.
    That's the only redeeming feature of an LTR. But if you look average and/or are not dominant/masculine enough in the relationship make no mistake you are being cukcholded by the male models/hunks behind your back.
    (Original post by KianaBRye)
    I don't think its easier for girls because they have to wait for the guy to ask them out. Guys can ask out anyone they want. I do agree that a below average woman can get an attractive man. I am talking about really, amazingly gorgeous guys. The ones whose features are so perfect you want to punch them LOL. They always date the ugly girls. Why is this so?
    Lol men always date to date down. You will never see a man dating above him looks wise.
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye it's just common sense I don't see why literally everyone in this thread is arguing with you.

If you're good looking you can choose from 100s of people to date. And if you're not you don't have much choice.

lel I know for a fact that you can be an awkward retard but if girls think you're good looking they'l just fawn over you.

And its the same for girls. But the amount of girls that recieve that kind of attention is WAY WAY WAY higher than it is for men.
    Legit, most people here are delusional, especially the girls who think girls are the ones dating down :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its easier for girls because they have to wait for the guy to ask them out
    Errr no they don't?

ReputationRep:
    Truth is most of the time the guy only has to be average, have a smart car,some money and a confident smart mouth.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its easier for girls because they have to wait for the guy to ask them out.
    No they don't :laugh: If you like a guy, ask him out, that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    No doubt all these guys you 'like' are 9/10 male models.

I have in my life seen an average guy being asked out by even below average girls.

Male models always have a stream of average and above average girls asking them out. :lol: Of course they all use them for sex or a short term relationship and nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like that guy who shot up some people because he couldn't get laid. Elliot Rodgers. The one who made those creepy vids.

Soz mate, no one owes you sex. You're gonna have to deal with this fact.

ReputationRep:
    I am instantly turned off by a girl who asks me out. It reeks of desperation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Errr no they don't?
    I mean girls just feel like to know the guy likes them, the guy should ask them out. Girls are scared of asking guys out, guys tend to show they like the girl more. It's just a reassurance to the girl that the guy likes her.

ReputationRep:
    No doubt all these guys you 'like' are 9/10 male models.

I have in my life seen an average guy being asked out by even below average girls.

Male models always have a stream of average and above average girls asking them out. :lol: Of course they all use them for sex or a short term relationship and nothing more.
    As if, i only go for 10/10 male models :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    I am instantly turned off by a girl who asks me out. It reeks of desperation.
    Exactly. Girls don't want to seem desperate. It's easier for guys imo. But average girls can get hot men. It happens all the time. I always see good looking men with below average women. The attractive women are always single.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkred)
    You sound like that guy who shot up some people because he couldn't get laid. Elliot Rodgers. The one who made those creepy vids.

Soz mate, no one owes you sex. You're gonna have to deal with this fact.
    A lot of these guys do tbh. I didn't actually know people like this existed until I joined TSR, I've ever met somebody with these opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As if, i only go for 10/10 male models :sexface:
    Is the guy in your avatar one of the handful 10/10 models you had over today?

ReputationRep:
    Girls are scared of asking guys out
    Actually it is the other way around too.

And tbh if any guy is turned off by the girl asking, then that is pretty pathetic and you probably want to seriously consider if they are mature enough for a relationship anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Exaggerated a lot , but mostly true.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.