Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Muslim only" rental advert. Would this be allowed with anyone else? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    See all of this is outdated like most of islam
    As is all religion, it's a false construct used to create imaginary boundaries between otherwise identical humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    Why don't you tell your parents how awesome this country is, and get them to move there with you if it's so amazing?
    Unfortunately like most Asians, my parents love to kiss the asses of westerners so trying to convince them would be futile. My plan is to finish my education and get a job so I'm independent which means that I'll move on my own to some Muslim country

ReputationRep:
    On the flip side you have groups such as these. I would totally understand if it was 'Americans' or 'Europeans'... but Westerners is obviously looking for a few habits that are much more likely to be found among people from those countries. Which makes sense. What I don't get is the assumption that people from other countries don't share them?

http://www.meetup.com/Westerners-Brunch-Group/

http://www.meetup.com/Western-Wasters/

http://www.meetup.com/Western-Wonderwomen/

(excluding the third one) I love doing all these things, and would consider myself a world citizen but since I'm not 'western' I run the risk of not being welcome?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolasinac138)
    As is all religion, it's a false construct used to create imaginary boundaries between otherwise identical humans.
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    Utterly ridiculous, would Christians be allowed to do this in a Muslim country?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All non-white people could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorenzo Mancini)
    All non-white people could.
    And white people have never been racist ....

Anybody can be racist and get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    I'm not really into prayer calls in my accommodation 5 times a day.

I think I'll put a sign up next time saying "Christians, Jews, Hindus & atheists only"

We'll see how long that lasts before I get a knock on the door.
    as usual, one rule for them and one rule for everybody else...

^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presidential_)
    have you not considered that the person might not be comfortable with drunk roommates who smoke, eat bacon, and bring girls over. so instead of making a long list of requirements they simply stated "muslim only"?
    Likewise, I wouldn't wanna live with someone who mumbles garbage and kisses the floor five times a day, and who would judge me for wanting to unwind after work and for getting laid.

ReputationRep:
    but Muslim people can be white (bosnia) and black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    mountain out of a molehill - You will usually choose to live with someone who has the same habits/culture as yourself.
    Hence why they should go and live in a muslim country

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.