The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Personally it can looked at both ways. It was a "good luck (you'll need it)". That's how I read it.

Well it clearly wasn't judging by the comment left to you after, when he saw your reply! Don't jump to conclusions so fast
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Physflop
Well it clearly wasn't judging by the comment left to you after, when he saw your reply! Don't jump to conclusions so fast

Yes, in hindsight, I realise that. But it wasn't a conclusion. If it were the other way around, I'm sure you wouldn't have stuck your nose in.
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Yes, in hindsight, I realise that. But it wasn't a conclusion. If it were the other way around, I'm sure you wouldn't have stuck your nose in.

Oh dear hope not everyone at essex is like you 😂
Reply 223
How long does it take to receive an offer after having an interview?
I had my interview on the 11th of March and they said it'll take 7 days for a reply but i haven't heard from them yet?
Original post by Physflop
Oh dear hope not everyone at essex is like you ������

A) I'm not a bad person
B) I was merely stating a fact
C) I'm not from Essex.

Society and its double-standards.
How long does it take for accommodation to get back to you? I submitted mine yesterday.
Original post by angelfox
Anyone know how relaxed they are if you don't get the grades?

What are you hoping to study? It will totally depend on the department I'd assume. My course is unpopular so it may be a matter of the uni accepting people who missed their offers just to fill up seats. Essex are generally quite relaxed
Original post by Ndella
What are you hoping to study? It will totally depend on the department I'd assume. My course is unpopular so it may be a matter of the uni accepting people who missed their offers just to fill up seats. Essex are generally quite relaxed

Law, so quite a popular subject.
Law, so quite a popular subject.

My flatmate does Law and he said he got in with BCD - you may have a shot in fact :smile:
Original post by Ndella
My flatmate does Law and he said he got in with BCD - you may have a shot in fact :smile:

Oh wow, that's a confidence booster :smile:
Oh wow, that's a confidence booster :smile:

I'm sure you'll do better than him anyway! Good luck with your A Levels it's weird I was in your position last year :smile:
How long does it take for accommodation to get back to you? I submitted mine yesterday.

My daughter received e-mail confirmation of submission almost immediately but as I mentioned before it went into her spam folder so she didn't notice it right away.

It also says on her myEssex portal that her application has been submitted and processed.

However, as far as actually allocating accommodation is concerned, they only do that after you have received your results and your offer has changed to unconditional.

When they do send your allocation you only have a very short window of time in which to accept before they take it back and offer it to someone else, so it's even more important you keep checking your spam folder after results day.
Hei Guys!
I have been offered a place for Actuarial Science with Year Abroad. Does any one of you know something about how is teaching in this domain at Essex? Any reviews and opinions on this? Thank you!
I hope I am not off-topic or abusing this forum but I still got some things to ask:
If I un understood corectly, scholarships are awarded automaticly, right?
Hi all. I got an unconditional offer to study Telecommunication Engineering with a foundation year. Has anybody else looked in to the foundation year programs? Are they full time study like school or are they similar to a degree with a few lectures and seminars per week? I only ask so I can gauge how much spare time I may have for a job etc.

Also, what would be the best accommodation for me? I want to make lots of friends and have fun, go clubbing etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lewif002
Hi all. I got an unconditional offer to study Telecommunication Engineering with a foundation year. Has anybody else looked in to the foundation year programs? Are they full time study like school or are they similar to a degree with a few lectures and seminars per week? I only ask so I can gauge how much spare time I may have for a job etc.

Also, what would be the best accommodation for me? I want to make lots of friends and have fun, go clubbing etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, I knew some people at my last uni doing foundation year and they said it is pretty intense because they need to prepare you properly for 1st year of degree. The content won't be horrendous but it's a lot to learn. Also i would guess towers accommodation as they seem to be the most sociable.
Hiya
I went to a visit day and was told Essex is rather flexible with their entry requirements. One student told me he got in with CCC! Another with BCC and another with ABC. I was also informed by a new teacher at my college, who left her job as a admissions tutor at UoR that admissions have dropped 6% this year. I got to meet the campus cat....she didn't like me lol

I have applied for a history degree, my top choice for accommodation is southcourts.
Maybe Essex but not Reading. They didnt let me in with BBC (their offer was ABB) but it was my "ambitious" choice.
Has anyone applied for accomodation yet?! I was thinking about the quays but really unsure!
Original post by eilish18
Has anyone applied for accomodation yet?! I was thinking about the quays but really unsure!

Quays was my second choice.

Quick Reply

Latest