Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gott der Zweite)
Hitler
bahaha why do i find this funny p

(Original post by thegodofgod)
Received Pronunciation - I've often been told that I sound like the stereotypical BBC News presenter
cool. #weshouldmeet
noorii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by may348)
What I think is a generic American accent, though apparently the official generic American accent is in the Midwest. Midwesterners, to me, all sound like they're the ones with the accent...
My cousins live in the Midwest, Nebraska, and they definitely sound like they have the typical american accent to me, a British person.
ajeebaaji
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
English englanddddddddddddd
trustmeimlying1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ndella)
So you're implying that all black people have a ghetto accent or something? I love how you associate my ethnicity with a stereotypical accent without taking into account my upbringing and living environment. Whenever I visit my cousins in other areas in London, the differences in our accents are rather noticeable. You don't even know me.
haha clearly someone pulling your leg and yeh reacted and all! XD

(Original post by Zürich)
As in a Southern accent is charming and lyrical whereas a Northern accent makes people feel like they're being threatened at all times?

I knew some guys at Uni from Belfast and the tone was omni-aggressive. Nice guys but they couldnt say 'thanks' without sounding like they were about to start a fist fight :laugh:
cheers mate..us southerners have it easy.

think the letterkenny accent is yuck..as well as the north antrim accent ...belfast is okay..Fermanagh one is probably the nicest although varies soooo much!
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Posh, apparently, but much less posh than most of the people in my school. A little bit American, too.
may348
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by noorii)
My cousins live in the Midwest, Nebraska, and they definitely sound like they have the typical american accent to me, a British person.
I'm from the East Coast and to me the Midwest accent is more nasal, and in the northern parts almost Canadian. But actually, I feel like regional accents are less pronounced among younger people anyway (excluding Southerners).
Johnny_van
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Filipino accent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sprungthwap
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
like a slightly camp danny dyer?

pretty much sums up my voice i'd say
TheWaffle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Edminzodo)
Apparently, I have a Jeremy Clarkson accent. Although I think that having a quad-helix brace in my mouth just taught me to pronounce words properly . . . Although apparently I pronounce some words with an odd accent. I blame my Cockney/Geordie/Irish/Vietnamese mix.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sound like Princess Anne :rolleyes:

lol jk I'm Mancunian.
TheWaffle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reeeeyah)
I have a Mancunian accent.........
This is the best kind :cool:
Which part are you from?
Jibola240
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by robthehero)
General American. When I'm angry, the Brooklyn accent comes out of me.
I've always wanted hear the Brooklyn accent live. Cool sounding accent.
captainofmydream
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A Dutch accent.
Frostyjoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What I think is a generic American accent, though apparently the official generic American accent is in the Midwest. Midwesterners, to me, all sound like they're the ones with the accent...
No its not the Minnesota or Texas accent its the one in like Nebraska.

Its the same as the newsreaders. But when I visit America to me people in Florida and NJ sound like they have a general accent.

To me the only ones I can notice are the New England, NYC city, deep south and Chicago ones. West coast sounds normal.
may348
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Frostyjoe)
No its not the Minnesota or Texas accent its the one in like Nebraska.

Its the same as the newsreaders. But when I visit America to me people in Florida and NJ sound like they have a general accent.

To me the only ones I can notice are the New England, NYC city, deep south and Chicago ones. West coast sounds normal.
Yeah, maybe when I think "Midwest accent" I'm thinking of Minnesota/North Dakota/Michigan. I think the differences are more subtle here than in Britain, although there's definitely a NJ accent. Florida too, since basically everything north of Miami counts as the deep south. ("The further north you go, the more southern it gets.")

Although, being from the Northeast, I feel like a lot of young people don't have the stereotypical NJ/Boston/NY/New England accents that their parents do.
Frostyjoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, maybe when I think "Midwest accent" I'm thinking of Minnesota/North Dakota/Michigan. I think the differences are more subtle here than in Britain, although there's definitely a NJ accent. Florida too, since basically everything north of Miami counts as the deep south. ("The further north you go, the more southern it gets.")

Although, being from the Northeast, I feel like a lot of young people don't have the stereotypical NJ/Boston/NY/New England accents that their parents do.
Maybe there is a New Jersey accent but to me they just sound the same as a general American accent. I think I can pick out a West Coast accent though, it is hard to explain but its a bit different to the General American accent.

Its quite funny because the West Coast accent to me is the same all the way up like someone from Los Angeles sounds the same as someone from Seattle.
Reeeeyah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheWaffle)
This is the best kind :cool:
Which part are you from?
Wythenshawe

You?!
TheWaffle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reeeeyah)
Wythenshawe

You?!
omg I used to have a radio show on Wythenshawe FM and half my family is from Peel Hall/ Baguely. I live in Timperley Village about a 4 minute drive away haha. Do u go uni?
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
bahaha why do i find this funny p

cool. #weshouldmeet
#soundslikeaplan
trustmeimlying1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thegodofgod)
#soundslikeaplan
guess who might be in london next week...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads