Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population? watch

• View Poll Results: Should the UK adopt policy to prevent a Muslim-majority population?
    Yes the UK should adopt a policy to prevent a Muslim-majority
    54.41%
    No the UK should not adopt a policy to prevent a Muslim-majority
    45.59%

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jebedee;53568931]So Islam is number one for forcing children to believe something along with various other human rights abuses. Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
    Excuse me?!! your belief as a child doesn't matter. The moment you are an adult you CHOOSE to believe or not which is between you and god. So miss me with the 'your forced to be Muslim' BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolasinac138)
    So Muslims should be treated as sub humans?
    You cant do that as we Muslims worship the one true God of the one true religion if ever UK follows true merciful sharia and not the western media depiction of it then non muslims especially jews and Christians must pay the jizya and other tax reserved specifically for them to the caliph to guarantee protection and exemption from compulsory military service and they must also accept being a dhimmi which is not what western media depicts it as. dhimmi is just to acknowledge christians and jews are different to Muslims and follow different law its a win win situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by string56)
    You cant do that as we Muslims worship the one true God of the one true religion if ever UK follows true merciful sharia and not the western media depiction of it then non muslims especially jews and Christians must pay the jizya and other tax reserved specifically for them to the caliph to guarantee protection and exemption from compulsory military service and they must also accept being a dhimmi which is not what western media depicts it as. dhimmi is just to acknowledge christians and jews are different to Muslims and follow different law its a win win situation
    For the sake of all Muslims please shut up.

:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenorebrem)
    For the sake of all Muslims please shut up.

:sigh:
    No i will not shut up this is my religion and its message must be expressed to humanity, you should perhaps say that to isis or extremists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowaner)
    No. For God's sake. What is this poll, 'Should we follow Nazi Germany's example?', or something?
    Do you value Britain being white and atheist/christian?

And i don't think anybody is suggesting a genocide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    Excuse me?!! your belief as a child doesn't matter. The moment you are an adult you CHOOSE to believe or not which is between you and god. So miss me with the 'your forced to be Muslim' BS.
    Can you choose to understand exactly what child indoctrination is and the repercussions it has please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowaner)
    No. For God's sake. What is this poll, 'Should we follow Nazi Germany's example?', or something?
    Godwins Law; Your statement about nazis is irrelevent to this thread, it is preposterous and grossly over hysterical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Do you value Britain being white and atheist/christian?

And i don't think anybody is suggesting a genocide.
    What's white got to do with anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thechillyone)
    Not always of course but it has been proven to be right on multiple occasions....I mean we now have cars,planes,internet,MRI, Defillbrators etc. these are all things we have gained from Science. This is why I'm more inclined to believe a scientist than a aleem.

Haha I'm sorry I know. But this is how I am I like to know why I am doing what I am doing and that is something I never felt was answered in religion. Doesn't this strike you as odd? If Islam has all the answers surely asking more questions should lead you closer and closer to Islam ? Ive always felt like the hellfire is described in such graphic detail in the Quran because it keeps people scared....scared of thinking independently. It barrs you from doing the most basic thing independently...thinking. I remember when I waa young I was scared to even think about anything questioning the Quran,Sunnah or Ahadith because I thought I'd get me to hellfire. In fact its so effective even now sometimes I find myself slightly uneasy saying or thinking something particularly controversial. Why would you have to keep your followers so scared apart from if youre worried theyll leave if they actually thiught and discussed their religion in depth.

Btw I'm sorry I get carried away with this because it's a really personal issue to me. Leaving Islam is really not easy at all and sometimes I get frustrated because of that.

Haha noone is truly clever enough for it. Half of my lectures are just a myth to me
    Science isn't always going to help you though. Would you really trust your life with it?
    Let me tell you something that happened with one of my friends. Her cousin had cancer and had been on chemotherapy for quite some time. But the doctors told him that it was useless and he wouldn't survive, so they stopped the treatment. His family and friends set a date and got together to recite a great dua for him. The next couple of days they found out the cancer had gone. This is a true story as well. You shouldn't underestimate the power of dua. What else do you think helped him? Science may help you throughout your whole life, but nearer to your death, it's pretty useless. A lot of reasons why people become more religious when they are older is because they know they are close to death and nothing can save them, no technology or Science, so their last resort is to turn to God. It provides them with hope and satisfaction.

There was a time when I used to ask a lot of questions too. But honestly when I searched for the answers, they always used to lead me back to Islam. Like I said there is nothing wrong with questions, it's just excessive questioning that should be avoided. You're not going to find an answer for every little thing, so you shouldn't question everything because then you'll just be disappointed. I don't find it odd because like I said I have strong faith Alhamdulilah, and Islam answers my questions for me.
    Hell has been described in graphic detail to warn people. Of course it isn't going to paint a nice picture. As a child you will be scared, that's natural. But that's to stop you from going astray. God has warned us. It's for our benefit in the next life.

No it's fine. I don't mind Do you want to leave Islam? Or have you already left it?

Lol what type of engineering do you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Science isn't always going to help you though. Would you really trust your life with it?
    Let me tell you something that happened with one of my friends. Her cousin had cancer and had been on chemotherapy for quite some time. But the doctors told him that it was useless and he wouldn't survive, so they stopped the treatment. His family and friends set a date and got together to recite a great dua for him. The next couple of days they found out the cancer had gone. This is a true story as well. You shouldn't underestimate the power of dua. What else do you think helped him? Science may help you throughout your whole life, but nearer to your death, it's pretty useless. A lot of reasons why people become more religious when they are older is because they know they are close to death and nothing can save them, no technology or Science, so their last resort is to turn to God. It provides them with hope and satisfaction.

There was a time when I used to ask a lot of questions too. But honestly when I searched for the answers, they always used to lead me back to Islam. Like I said there is nothing wrong with questions, it's just excessive questioning that should be avoided. You're not going to find an answer for every little thing, so you shouldn't question everything because then you'll just be disappointed. I don't find it odd because like I said I have strong faith Alhamdulilah, and Islam answers my questions for me.
    Hell has been described in graphic detail to warn people. Of course it isn't going to paint a nice picture. As a child you will be scared, that's natural. But that's to stop you from going astray. God has warned us. It's for our benefit in the next life.

No it's fine. I don't mind Do you want to leave Islam? Or have you already left it?

Lol what type of engineering do you study?
    That could be circumstantial although I get your point. There is a limit to how much Science explains so far and that is exactly where my dilemma starts.

It's natural to be scared of the unknown hence I'm far more scared and worried about death than I was when I was religious also the notion of living a few years and then just dying is very depressing to me personally.

I've left Islam but I'm sometimes tempted to rejoin but for all the wrong reason. I think it is less the fact that I actuallg believe it fully it's that I want to believe it because it fills in the blanks left, answers the questions you don't really have an answer to even though those answers, for me at least, are probably not right. It introduces alot more of a reason into something that in effect is quite dark and meaningless. Did you ever watch of Life of Pi? If you have it describes my sentiment very clearly.... basically why not allow yourself to believe in something if it makes you life more interesting and meaningful even if you know it's not true.

So, I'm sort of torn and it's usually during bad times that I find myself wishing there was more. I think in time I'll decide either way but I don't think I'd ever be a particularly practising Muslim it's more about having something to hang on to during hard times.

Chemical...pretty boring but money and workong hours are decent lol

ReputationRep:
    yes but in a way the tories have with stronger immigration controls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenorebrem)
    This is the internet dude. Manners don't apply here. :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They do for me because convos are generally a lot more interesting when people are making points rather than hurling insults at each other lol. But at the end of the day you're allowed to say whatever you want just thought I'd say my piece even tho you probs dont care haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Thank you
    Is it alright if I reply to your comment on PM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah sure it's gone pretty personal now anyway haha.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I am temporarily locking this thread, as the debate is moving in an unconstructive direction. Please remember that a difference of opinion is fine, but please don't get personal.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Okay, I've tidied the thread a bit, and it's open again for business. Please keep things civil from here on!

ReputationRep:
    Did I really read a post where someone said that the UK would be majority non white by 2030 following current demographic trends? I'd love to see where you got the figures for that seeing as white people are 85% of the population of the UK in 2017 and 2030 is only 13 years away...BTW, before you get carried away I'm completely anti any kind of Sharia law, hell I don't even believe in having a Catholic monarch, there's a reason why it's called Anglicanism and one of the titles of the monarch is 'defender of the faith​'... The Pope shouldn't carry any official weight over here so I'm damned if some Saudi imam who thinks the world is flat should...

ReputationRep:
    It kind of makes a mockery of democracy if you're going to try and control the type of demographic that ends up being in the majority.

The whole purpose of democracy is for the diversification of power, creating accountability for the use of that power and ensuring can't be abused by just a few select individuals. But if a few people are going to try to control the outcomes of future democratic processes by altering the demographics so that the majority will vote in favour of their policies, it defeats the purpose of having democracy in the first place. You might as well be a dictator who enforces those policies directly.

You are asking "Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population?" but one could just as easily ask "Should the UK adopt policies in order to create a Islamic-majority UK population"? If you are in favour of one but not the other, then you have decided that one is better than the other and on that sole basis are trying to force that through to the whole country, which is not democratic at all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.