Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to find out my ACORN but no idea how??

Actually done it now. Got 3 F 23. None of the stuff it says is applicable to my family though which is kind of annoying. The place I'm probably moving to soon is 5 O 51, so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WinterApproaches)
    Hey, where do you find census data?
    http://www.streetgames.org/www/conte...s-are-deprived

ReputationRep:
    All the best with the decisions, folks. Don't beat yourself up if you don't get on. I didn't last year but hold an offer for this October.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm type 6 on ACORN, go to a grammar school with a history of about 7 people getting into Oxford each year...my chances are very slim, even with good GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveToArgue)
    I think I'm type 6 on ACORN, go to a grammar school with a history of about 7 people getting into Oxford each year...my chances are very slim, even with good GCSEs
    Basically ditto What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    Basically ditto What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Law! One of the most competitive, oops. Although I don't think the ACORN data gives a true representative because the only reason we live here is because my mum got the house in the divorce settlement, so even though she's on a very low income and I get the pupil bursary it doesn't affect the ACORN type!

ReputationRep:
    Can't work out how to check my acorn value but last time someone in my school got into Oxford was 3-4 years ago I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time results get published?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L2311)
    Does anyone know what time results get published?
    Afternoon-ish the website says

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dammit I waited up :'D damn nervousness

ReputationRep:
    Me too! No specific times given on the website which is annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobodycarescarla)
    Dammit I waited up :'D damn nervousness
    Mee too I waited up and now I might as well go to sleep :P

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to everyone! Fingers crossed that if I don't get accepted I'm on the reserve :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to everyone! My odds are slim because I only got 1A*, 8As and a B but I do come from a deprived area.. I guess I'll just wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    do they email you with a log in? I can't remember making one when I applied? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notyous)
    do they email you with a log in? I can't remember making one when I applied? :confused:
    I think they do yes, I don't have a login as far as I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samuel.Winnall)
    I think they do yes, I don't have a login as far as I know
    thank you, good luck!! what have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna get into this so badly,
    I match up with all the criteria well but I go to a grammar school :'( (very high oxbridge attendance)

We'll be sent an email this afternoon with which we log in to find out our decision

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone confirm what time we may be getting the decisions? Some have said on the website it says afternoon, but I can't find such a statement on there. Goodluck people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberjay_)
    Can anyone confirm what time we may be getting the decisions? Some have said on the website it says afternoon, but I can't find such a statement on there. Goodluck people!

http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/decisions2015.html here you go

Good luck!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.