The Student Room Group

Raf oasc 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Taryn89
I'm on the 8th too. After two date changes! Third time lucky eh?!

Original post by JKurlz
I am going on the 8th, good luck bud!

Me too.. really! Are you both 1st timers?
Reply 221
Original post by B23V
Me too.. really! Are you both 1st timers?

Hey :smile:

Yep first time for me. We are setting up a group chat to use. Will PM you the details if you like.
Reply 222
Not for me. I'm there for the hangar etc. Eek! 😂
Reply 223
That would be brill, let me know the details!
Reply 224
Original post by B23V
That would be brill, let me know the details!

Sent you a PM :biggrin:
I feel like I have weeks to wait! I'm not until December the 8th!
I'm due to go to the OASC on 17th Nov. I'm not required to do the aptitude tests but feel I need to brush up on my SDT calculations and RAF structure... Only a couple of weeks to go now. My biggest worry is messing up the MSFT - I've been training for 6 months plus but only just started doing the bleep a few weeks back.
maelachey, the SDT calculations required outside of the aptitude test are ridiculously easy. TBH, if I remember correctly, the planning exercise gives you times, not distances.
Original post by maelachey
I'm due to go to the OASC on 17th Nov. I'm not required to do the aptitude tests but feel I need to brush up on my SDT calculations and RAF structure... Only a couple of weeks to go now. My biggest worry is messing up the MSFT - I've been training for 6 months plus but only just started doing the bleep a few weeks back.

If you are practicing the bleep test alone I guarantee it wont be an accurate reflection of what you can actually do.

When I was alone I could not get past level 6/7 on the bleep test. But when I do it with other people I always get over level 10. With people you have them keeping the pace for you so all you have to do is run and not think much.
can anyone remember roughly how long it took from submitting an application through to getting your filter interview?
Original post by WrenchBike
can anyone remember roughly how long it took from submitting an application through to getting your filter interview?

I believe this depends on your AFCO and the branch you are applying for. When I came back from CBAT I received an invite for my filter interview which was dated 4 weeks later
Reply 231
I have my OASC in January, getting paranoid I'm unprepared, I'm going for engineering officer, can someone confirm that I don't have to do aptitude tests and that the things I need to prepare for are:
-Fitness
-Medical
-Interview
-Group discussion
-Group planning
-Leadership exercise
-Individual planning
-Command situation exercise

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went for engineering officer and had to do the aptitude tests... but they're nothing you can prepare for.
Original post by El13
I have my OASC in January, getting paranoid I'm unprepared, I'm going for engineering officer, can someone confirm that I don't have to do aptitude tests and that the things I need to prepare for are:
-Fitness
-Medical
-Interview
-Group discussion
-Group planning
-Leadership exercise
-Individual planning

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can completely sympathise, I have OASC on the 8th of December and this past week I've been doubting myself and worried that I'm not ready for it yet because i'm not prepared. You've still got some time to prepare for all those things above and i'm pretty sure you will have to take an aptitude test.
I have just been given a date for my P2 presentation which is in a months time. Its a shame ita so far away as I guess it rules out my filter interview this side of Xmas.

I did have a quick question as I have read some conflicting information.

Do I have a medical with capita at any stage before OASC? Or is it all done at cranwell? (provided I get that far ofcourse)
Original post by WrenchBike
I have just been given a date for my P2 presentation which is in a months time. Its a shame ita so far away as I guess it rules out my filter interview this side of Xmas.

I did have a quick question as I have read some conflicting information.

Do I have a medical with capita at any stage before OASC? Or is it all done at cranwell? (provided I get that far ofcourse)

Your medical with CAPITA will be before OASC - Providing you pass your medical you'll be fine to go to OASC. I had to get my OASC date changed after being declared temp unfit due to an issue I had years ago.
Does anyone have an idea of the breakdown of the SERE course post OASC? I know it may well come up in the OASC interview and I obviously know it's 11 weeks and generally what's involved but I've misplaced my notes from the P2 as to the precise breakdown.
Original post by El13
-Fitness
-Medical
-Interview
-Group discussion
-Group planning
-Leadership exercise
-Individual planning

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I'm aware engineering isn't aptitude tested.

Anyone know roughly how long between filter and OASC?
Reply 238
Original post by pjm600
As far as I'm aware engineering isn't aptitude tested.

Anyone know roughly how long between filter and OASC?

Depends on how soon they can get you in for a medical and whether you pass. Also, if you can make the date they give you. Anything from a month to a year depending on how things progress for you! Work under the assumption it'll be a month between filter and oasc in case your medical is super quick and then you'll be ready for it
Original post by Taryn89
Depends on how soon they can get you in for a medical and whether you pass. Also, if you can make the date they give you. Anything from a month to a year depending on how things progress for you! Work under the assumption it'll be a month between filter and oasc in case your medical is super quick and then you'll be ready for it

Thanks!

Is medical done locally or on oasc? I assumed it'd be at cranwell as I remember there being a medical reception in the test building for aptitude. Not that it particularly matters, one step at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest