Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luca_t96)
    Hi, I haven't read most of this conversation but I'm looking to book private accomodation and have head that glasshouse and goldsmith court are some of the best options. Would anyone be able to tell what's better between the two and also if they have primarily have first years trent students as I'd want that for the social side of things. Also if want an en-suite with the room. Thanks
    Hi I won't be able to tell you much about Glasshouse as I haven't personally seen it but i have with Goldsmith Court and booked a room there.
    All the rooms are ensuite and as it's right next to the campus, you also get fresher reps and you can choose to share with other first years. (I think you need to mention that in the booking form though)

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I personally book IQ it looks fantastic and it's only a 5/6 minute walk away from all the clubs! I'm actually studying at Brackenhurst Camus which is 14 miles outside of Nottingham and so a 25/30 minute bus journey away. But I thought it would be a lot better to get the bus to lectures 3 times a weeks and have clubs, ships and places to work on my doorstep then spend a lot of money trying to get into Nottingham each time.

I booked the double duplex room in flat 21, anyone else near me?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am planning on putting NTU as my firm choice but I'm stressed out because apparently most of the accommodation has already been booked up?!
    Does anybody have any advice? I'd rather live in halls for the first year so I can make new friends easily!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandomCrazyGirll)
    Hi
    I am planning on putting NTU as my firm choice but I'm stressed out because apparently most of the accommodation has already been booked up?!
    Does anybody have any advice? I'd rather live in halls for the first year so I can make new friends easily!
    Thanks

A lot of the Nottingham Trent accommodation is booked up, but you can book great student halls with IQ Nottingham which is a private business. They even have double beds haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylaCheree)
    A lot of the Nottingham Trent accommodation is booked up, but you can book great student halls with IQ Nottingham which is a private business. They even have double beds haha!
    Please say they're a reasonable price?
    Do first year students stay there and how close is it to the city campus??

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I would definitely say that the rooms are reasonably priced! Like a standard room with a 4ft double bed with an ensuite is £96 a week. I personally got the room with a full sized double bed with a mezzanine floor that is slightly bigger for £125 so yeah, i think they are good! They rooms are lovely too.

And it is very close to the city campus, it's roughly about a 6 minute walk away from clubs, shops and the uni, so if that is where you study, I definitely recommend staying there. And, as far as I know, first years do stay there. I know that a lot book private accommodation because of the prices of Trent rooms You get to see who is going to be in the flat you are staying in too, like for me, I already know that a 1st year guy is staying in the same flat as me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys So I'm going to NTU in September for my first year and I just found out that most of the university accomodation is booked. I'm not from the UK so I don't know much about the city and I don't have the opportunity to go and visit Open Days and search for private accomodation. Does anyone have any advice and also information on how exactly does the booking happen? Also, my classes are at Clifton so is there any accomodation near the campus or a bus stop? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have got an conditional offer and secured my room also at IQ. Double Dublex Flat 22.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almusaka)
    Hey guys So I'm going to NTU in September for my first year and I just found out that most of the university accomodation is booked. I'm not from the UK so I don't know much about the city and I don't have the opportunity to go and visit Open Days and search for private accomodation. Does anyone have any advice and also information on how exactly does the booking happen? Also, my classes are at Clifton so is there any accomodation near the campus or a bus stop? Thanks
    Hi,

I live with two other girls and we have a spare double room in our detached house, just 10 minutes from the Clifton Campus. There are a string of local shops and bus stops which can take you into the city centre in under 20 mins. Rent is £84 a week, including bills. Please let me know if youre interested

Jas Kalsi

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I was wondering if anyone knew if there is any accommodation left in Sandby? Or if anyone has any other ideas? I'm looking for an ensuite on the City Campus or no further than a mile away from it and is relatively cheap
    Has anyone booked private accommodation? Apparently it is cheaper and bigger, but I really want to have the uni experience so I want to stay with other freshers.
    I'm doing Psychology, what about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in Hampden Halls, it is actually the best halls out of them all. (Social wise) You literally meet the majority of people in the halls unlike other halls were you tend to stick to just your flat mates. Apparently they are also doing the flats up so should be too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm going to be studying Zoo Biology at Brakenhurst in Maple block. Is there anyone else staying at Brakenhurst accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    hello , if anyone is looking for an accommodation in goldsmith court, ensuite room, private halls, please feel free to message or email me back,
    [personal details removed]

ReputationRep:
    Notts Trent is my insurance, so I can't book yet, does anyone know which houses/flats are already booked up? I want to live on campus or as close as possible and I'm not sure if I should rent privately instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 221loki)
    Notts Trent is my insurance, so I can't book yet, does anyone know which houses/flats are already booked up? I want to live on campus or as close as possible and I'm not sure if I should rent privately instead?
    Most of the uni accommodation will be booked up but its best to ring NTU up tomorrow (if you are going there) and discuss it with them.
    People who have firmed NTU and booked accommodation may not get in and their room may become free.

NTU halls are pretty expensive tbh, it's worth a look going private but you don't have to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronhaar)
    Most of the uni accommodation will be booked up but its best to ring NTU up tomorrow (if you are going there) and discuss it with them.
    People who have firmed NTU and booked accommodation may not get in and their room may become free.

NTU halls are pretty expensive tbh, it's worth a look going private but you don't have to.
    Thank you for replying I'm going to my firm luckily I won't need to try to sort out accommodation anymore it's stressful

ReputationRep:
    I have a room available at the glasshouse, its in the heart of the city centre right by the nightlife and just a 5 minute walk from campus,its shared with 6 other house mates at £95 a week and is alot nicer than uni halls! inbox me for any questions http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/14.24/...lies/smile.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasmine 9)
    Hi

I'm going to be studying Zoo Biology at Brakenhurst in Maple block. Is there anyone else staying at Brakenhurst accomodation.
    Im in maple block too. What flat are you in? I'm in A and studying Veterinary Nursing.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I'm not in maple anymore. My room got moved to Oak flat D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sezena)
    Ohh, have you took a gap year like me? I'll be 20 when starting Uni I'll feel old in a hall full of freshers! That's why I don't particularly mind somewhere not as full of freshers, plus I'm not a 100% party person, I like the odd weekend but not every night/weekend so I don't want to be surrounded by partying people!
    Hey Sezena,have you decide NTU as your firm choice yet ? I will be 20 too when i start, but mine is just an one year top up course. I'm having dilemma for accommodation as I'm an international student. I was thinking about booking Russell View but I'm not too sure bout the surrounding, what do you think about it ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 30, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.