Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it rude to constantly turn people down watch

ReputationRep:

Let him go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    True, not to mention his girlfriend! Talk about blurred lines Doesn't sound as if you were very firm with him about your own attitude m'dear..

Perhaps, but then again, perhaps there's a third way (meeting up on neutral ground/with others around, and just being friendly together)
    I asked if he found that sort of stuff appropriate and sharing a bed part and he said it's totally fine as he wont be doing anything wrong and his girlfriend is okay with stuff like that. I certainly like my men territorial and would be devastated if he let me sleep around and share a bed with another guy,close friend or not!

That's the only time I'd get together with him,if we were around people and his girlfriend was present. I like him,I respect him but now there are boundaries because in the past this sort of thing got out of control. Luckily not all my male friends are this way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I certainly like my men territorial and would be devastated if he let me sleep around and share a bed with another guy, close friend or not!
    As I think I may have told you, my general attitude is that unless it's a gay/beta guy who wouldn't be interested/never dream of making any kind of a move, I'd be unhappy with my girl even lying on a bed with another guy, especially if there was evidence he was in any way interested, personally

Spoiler:
    Show
    My young ex had a pic on Facebook in which she had been grabbed by a male friend and was laughing and falling kind of onto his lap and although we weren't exclusive at the time we were seeing each other, I was just the other side of a wall, having joined her and her friends for her b-day party back in London, from uni, and it made me question her respectability/kinda fall out with her

That's the only time I'd get together with him,if we were around people and his girlfriend was present. I like him, I respect him but now there are boundaries because in the past this sort of thing got out of control. Luckily not all my male friends are this way
    Seems sensible. Yes indeed

ReputationRep:
    As I think I may have told you, my general attitude is that unless it's a gay/beta guy who wouldn't be interested/never dream of making any kind of a move, I'd be unhappy with my girl even lying on a bed with another guy, especially if there was evidence he was in any way interested, personally

Spoiler:
    Show
    My young ex had a pic on Facebook in which she had been grabbed by a male friend and was laughing and falling kind of onto his lap and although we weren't exclusive at the time we were seeing each other, I was just the other side of a wall, having joined her and her friends for her b-day party back in London, from uni, and it made me question her respectability/kinda fall out with her

Seems sensible. Yes indeed
    Yes,Ofcourse I remember,those were bliss times
    My exs never let like hand out with particular guys they thought liked me even if it was just watching a movie in their bedroom,my first ex especially. I respected them for setting those boundaries because when in a relationship I don't want to come across as being disrespectful or insensitive to my partners feelings and always try to put myself in their shoes and think they might feel instead of doing whatever I want,relationships are all about compromises
    Seriously? How did she take your reaction to seeing the picture?

ReputationRep:
    My exs never let like hand out with particular guys they thought liked me even if it was just watching a movie in their bedroom
    A bedroom isn't really an appropriate place to bring a girl who is taken (with the exception of halls rooms)

always try to put myself in their shoes and think they might feel instead of doing whatever I want, relationships are all about compromises
    Good to know; important to be reasonably sensitive to your partner's comfort zone, for sure

Seriously? How did she take your reaction to seeing the picture?
    Tried to play it down, and wasn't humble/apologetic enough for my liking; it wasn't really anything, from her POV, but it didn't help that he was a certain type, who was clearly into her, resented me (as many of her little male friends did) and this happened outside a building I was inside of/had just been with her in

ReputationRep:
    A bedroom isn't really an appropriate place to bring a girl who is taken (with the exception of halls rooms)

Good to know; important to be reasonably sensitive to your partner's comfort zone, for sure

Tried to play it down, and wasn't humble/apologetic enough for my liking; it wasn't really anything, from her POV, but it didn't help that he was a certain type, who was clearly into her, resented me (as many of her little male friends did) and this happened outside a building I was inside of/had just been with her in
    You know what? I feel like such an amazing could be relationship is going to waste just after having this conversation. I certainly miss being close and talking to this particular person everyday,I miss the connection,and I know I could certainly compromise many things just to make him happy because I partly live for him or the thought of being with him.

i guess she was very young then,if that were to ever to have happened in 2015,maybe her response would have been different. I know I certainly have changed a lot over the years and went from being a spoilt,bratty teenager who got everything she ever wanted to being a humble and mature young women.

ReputationRep:
    Really don't mean any offence, but I don't understand how people can live with so much drama in their lives. It's so overcomplicated - no one, neither man nor woman, is worth the hassle. Nothing can really be gained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Really don't mean any offence, but I don't understand how people can live with so much drama in their lives. It's so overcomplicated - no one, neither man nor woman, is worth the hassle. Nothing can really be gained.
    But what if you really liked the person?

ReputationRep:
    But what if you really liked the person?
    I am the type you hate, in real life - vain, self obsessive, I sleep around and never stick around. I find aspects of a girl to dislike so I am not taken away by delusion. Was seeing a girl for 3 months last year in a quasi-relationship and it was the longest time I semi-stayed with someone for 6 years (It was a friends with benefits scenario where I try to keep boyfriend/girlfriend type of behaviour at a minimal). Bumped into her on the train last week and had to sit adjacent to her for 1.5 hours without saying a word... most awkward journey of my life.

But hey, I think my mental situation has been way more grounded and level than what I felt when I was going through the whole 'love' phase. There are way more important things in life for me than any one person. You can sum me up in many ways, but the one word I would use to describe my approach to things is "ruthless".

(Mainly money, my vanity and my career)

ReputationRep:
    You know what? I feel like such an amazing could be relationship is going to waste just after having this conversation. I certainly miss being close and talking to this particular person everyday,I miss the connection,and I know I could certainly compromise many things just to make him happy because I partly live for him or the thought of being with him
    Sweet words

i guess she was very young then
    18th b-day party, aye

went from being a spoilt,bratty teenager who got everything she ever wanted to being a humble and mature young women
    Let's just say you have the education/tools, now, albeit that you are still on that journey

ReputationRep:
    Sweet words

18th b-day party, aye

Let's just say you have the education/tools, now, albeit that you are still on that journey
    Don't be so pessimistic,put yourself in someone else's shoes and see the situation from their eyes. They are sweet words which WILL develop into actions and I'm guessing you've yet to receive the text yet from L! It's sad when people underestimate me but I'm so used to being put down even when I've good intentions.

I am still on that journey,I still don't feel 100%secure about myself and wish I could be fully mature but I don't think that's possible in the meantime.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.