Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Muslim but I've realised I'm definitely bisexual... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em211997)
    If god is forgiving and merciful then why does he punish?
    I believe this life is a test. God created us for one purpose which is to worship him and any struggles you face in this life is a test of faith. If you do maintain your faith then you will be granted paradise. I assume by your question you dont believe in any religion.

ReputationRep:
    But then that's not mercy then is it.
    He is merciful because he will forgive anything u do wrong if and only if you repent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fading_away97)
    I believe this life is a test. God created us for one purpose which is to worship him and any struggles you face in this life is a test of faith. If you do maintain your faith then you will be granted paradise. I assume by your question you dont believe in any religion.
    But surely god knows all things before we do them? Then he knows that some are not going to "pass" this test. That's not freewill is it? It's not a test if he knows the answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Because God is also just and thus punishes the wrong doers where He sees fit.
    Punishing those who where born a certain way and conduct their lives in a manner that causes no harm to anyone else, with an eternity of endless torture, is just? lmfao you have some pretty sick twisted ideals m8.

(Original post by G_S)
    As a practicing muslim, can you imagine my face and thoughts when I read this. Go repent and read the quran. You say your scared of hell.. Clearly not that scared.
    The true face of Abrahamic religions

ReputationRep:
    But surely god knows all things before we do them? Then he knows that some are not going to "pass" this test. That's not freewill is it? It's not a test if he knows the answers.
    God could have made us all like angels, without any independent will or power of our own. But in that case a man's virtues would not have been worth any praise. It was and is the plan of God to give us power and will to do as we like, because only then can we be responsible for our good or evil deeds. And only then can we feel that we have achieved something worth its name.
    Since we believe that God knows everything, then why should He test us?
    The test which we are to undergo is not meant to add to the knowledge of God. Although God knows everything, it still is necessary that all men and women be put to test so that the true form of God's justice and mercy may emerge on the Day of Judge*ment.
    If God were to send all persons to Paradise or Hell according to His own knowledge without put*ting them to test for their beliefs and deeds, then those sent to Hell could rightly complain that why were they being punished without any sin on their part while others enjoyed bliss of Paradise without any good deed in their credit? So in order to uphold the principle of justice and fairness, it was necessary for God to test all persons before sending them to Hell or Paradise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The parts you said and what are you talking about shows how much you lack information about islam to really understand that what you said didnt negate anything. Because that's what is taught in the Quran.

Smh @ you. Lol

(Original post by h3isenberg)
    LOL. Please learn what cosmology is.

What?

What are you even talking about?

You say that the heavens and earth being separated makes the Qur'an a miracle but when shown that it is inaccurate and also in the Bible and other mythology, now you start rambling about random things to make you feel justified. I never mentioned abiogenesis...

What a hilarious defeatist mentality :lol:
    No you've still failed at proving its inaccurate I said why.

And you failed to answer my questions. You're just cherry picking. That's just not going to work. Because my points are still standing because you ignored them.

Try better next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickierose21)
    The parts you said and what are you talking about shows how much you lack information about islam to really understand that what you said didnt negate anything. Because that's what is taught in the Quran.

Smh @ you. Lol
    Saying I'm wrong without explaining why doesn't make you look very good m8.

No you've still failed at proving its inaccurate I said why.

And you failed to answer my questions. You're just cherry picking. That's just not going to work. Because my points are still standing because you ignored them.

Try better next time.
    No I didn't and I didn't ignore anything. Anyone else will see that, you are just butthurt because the Qur'an is scientifically inaccurate.

Maybe learn about cosmology and science in general before trying to make such claims, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    God could have made us all like angels, without any independent will or power of our own. But in that case a man's virtues would not have been worth any praise. It was and is the plan of God to give us power and will to do as we like, because only then can we be responsible for our good or evil deeds. And only then can we feel that we have achieved something worth its name.
    Since we believe that God knows everything, then why should He test us?
    The test which we are to undergo is not meant to add to the knowledge of God. Although God knows everything, it still is necessary that all men and women be put to test so that the true form of God's justice and mercy may emerge on the Day of Judge*ment.
    If God were to send all persons to Paradise or Hell according to His own knowledge without put*ting them to test for their beliefs and deeds, then those sent to Hell could rightly complain that why were they being punished without any sin on their part while others enjoyed bliss of Paradise without any good deed in their credit? So in order to uphold the principle of justice and fairness, it was necessary for God to test all persons before sending them to Hell or Paradise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heaven is empty. If god loved us all then why doesn't he just make us angels? Being an angel would be better than being human and I doubt we'd miss free will if we never had it.

ReputationRep:
    =it was necessary for God to test all persons before sending them to Hell or Paradise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does this mean that God isn't all loving since he sends people to hell? That sounds like something satan would do, but God condemns people to hell not satan.

ReputationRep:
    But then that's not mercy then is it.
    You don't seem to understand. Allah forgives those who repent, He forgives those who don't repent - that is His mercy; in some cases He will punish those whom He sees as deserving punishment; however, even after receiving some punishment, such is His mercy that he forgives them and then gives them access to heaven.
    Even in life too we experience the mercy of Allah - in every good and bad thing that happens to us, we experience Allah's forgiveness, His punishment, His benevolence or trials upon us, and for those of us who understand and reflect, we don't see Allah as being evil, rather He is being just as well as benevolent to us.

Allah does know but it doesn't mean that you have no free will - this life is an exam and Allah is the teacher telling you to revise because otherwise you will fail the test; it's stupid to say you had no choice over revising right? The teacher knows you will fail if you don't revise but it's your personal choice to revise. You're underlying assumption is that because Allah knows what you will do, He is the one that caused you to do that; if you walked up to your mum and punched her, how retarded would it be to blame God for your personal choice? I'm sure you get my point, so I'll stop with the examples.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Punishing those who where born a certain way and conduct their lives in a manner that causes no harm to anyone else, with an eternity of endless torture, is just? lmfao you have some pretty sick twisted ideals m8.
    Allah is fair and just and thus would not punish people because of how they were born; He punishes those who actively choose to go against what He says knowing the message of Islam but rejecting it (unless He chooses to forgive them). It isn't sick or twisted, you just lack understanding.

ReputationRep:
    Does this mean that God isn't all loving since he sends people to hell? That sounds like something satan would do, but God condemns people to hell not satan.
    God's love is conditional

ReputationRep:
    Allah is fair and just and thus would not punish people because of how they were born; He punishes those who actively choose to go against what He says knowing the message of Islam but rejecting it (unless He chooses to forgive them). It isn't sick or twisted, you just lack understanding.
    So he tortures people forever for not doing exactly what he wants? That makes him a tyrant. He's like a child who throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his own way.

By all means help me to understand if I've got this wrong

this thread is actually interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    another time with him and his mate...
    :sexface:

Do u think u r a MUSLIM ?? U can not be a MUSLIM unless u pray all the five daily prayers !!
    and u telling us that u pray only in Eid ? There is nothing called ''I am not very practising ''

Sorry about that but I don't think your a Muslim !!

ReputationRep:
    You lack understanding of Islam and you are missing the point of what I am saying. I am not here to argue just simply to educate people of my religion. Im not going to keep telling you something you clearly cant comprehend. Goodbye em211997.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do u think u r a MUSLIM ?? U can not be a MUSLIM unless u pray all the five daily prayers !!
    and u telling us that u pray only in Eid ? There is nothing called ''I am not very practising ''

Sorry about that but I don't think your a Muslim !!
    No it actually says muslims can go to hell you don't have to pray at all and the mandatory prayers are 3 not 5.

ReputationRep:
    God's love is conditional
    Either he is all loving or his love is conditional... Which is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Nickierose21)
    No it actually says muslims can go to hell you don't have to pray at all and the mandatory prayers are 3 not 5.
    Sorry but u r wrong ! I am a Muslim and I know what I am talking about.
    I dunno how to explain to u, but if a Muslim did not prays all the five daily prayers he/she is not a Muslim anymore.

This is what Quran and Hadith says.

ReputationRep:
    You lack understanding of Islam and you are missing the point of what I am saying. I am not here to argue just simply to educate people of my religion. Im not going to keep telling you something you clearly cant comprehend. Goodbye em211997.
    You obviously have very little patience for those who ask you questions you don't know how to answer. Its easy to say that I don't understand but it seems that you don't either since you are dismissing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.