Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Flamini and Chez are just two absolute bottlers.

Rosicky is on a different planet, he has a genius touch, I am always surprised with what he can do with the ball and I have watched him since the start. It is beautiful, Mozart. Just has so much class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Arsenal always play their number #2 keeper in cup games
    Yes normally we do I agree, but both have played now in the FA Cup so will be interesting to see what happens, Ospina has been good, but he hasn't really faced anything tough and he's pretty shaky from crosses tbh, just doesn't try the stupid delayed passes that Szs does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

I'd love to see someone like West Ham or Villa win it, if/when we're knocked out of course.
    I'd love West ham to if we didn't but not Villa tbh, when Big Sam starting improving West Ham this year the fans admitted they were wrong to judge him which I respect as it's tough to admit when you're wrong. Villa fans though are similar to Newcastle fans; haven't stuck with their manager at all, blaming Lambert (not the Liverpool player MOTD reference) instead of the strikers who just can't find the ****ing net!

Crystal Palace would be decent winners too imo

ReputationRep:
    I get the impression tbh that Gabriel Paulista can be converted to a DM. He is not great on the ball, he is not going to spray the ball all over the pitch like a Kroos. But, he has got the physical/defensive instinct to know how to dominate the midfield imo. Very quick, and tactically aware with a good physical presence. I would pair him with Cazorla in there in the cup games just to see if it works. Coquelin of course has proven himself and should get a good run of games, but I want to test this Paulista guy out in that position.

Stranger things have happened regarding Wenger successfully converting a player's position.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I'd love West ham to if we didn't but not Villa tbh, when Big Sam starting improving West Ham this year the fans admitted they were wrong to judge him which I respect as it's tough to admit when you're wrong. Villa fans though are similar to Newcastle fans; haven't stuck with their manager at all, blaming Lambert (not the Liverpool player MOTD reference) instead of the strikers who just can't find the ****ing net!

Crystal Palace would be decent winners too imo
    I would ****ing love Pardew to win the FA Cup, just to shut up the Newcastle fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I would ****ing love Pardew to win the FA Cup, just to shut up the Newcastle fans.

Definitely, would pay to see that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    ****ing hate Newcastle fans, would love them to go down tbh, arrogant fans who hated Pardew because Mike Ashley liked him, didn't know how good they had it with him. When your best export is Cheryl Cole (what is her surname this week, or has she decided to go Latin American and not have one lol?), you know you've ****ed up big time

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the teams left I think we'd walk any home tie bar maybe West Ham or United, an away tie against Palace, West Ham, Liverpool, United or Stoke could be very tough though
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Good win for us today, as always we never make it easy for ourselves. Last 15 minutes must have been like hell. Road to Wembley continues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Good win for us today, as always we never make it easy for ourselves. Last 15 minutes must have been like hell. Road to Wembley continues.
    Road to Wembley will be promptly stopped at Old Trafford. You fluked it against a relegation championship side if I'm honest, the cracks have re-appeared.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see a Championship team win it tbh, put a bet on Middlesbrough as they might surprise people and the best bet of the Championship sides. Anyone know when was the last time a team from outside the top division won it?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by VanGaalOut)
    Road to Wembley will be promptly stopped at Old Trafford. You fluked it against a relegation championship side if I'm honest, the cracks have re-appeared.
    Says the guy who supports united. Not a very appropriate time to say that now is it. A win's a win and I'll take that any day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanGaalOut)
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Says the guy who supports united. Not a very appropriate time to say that now is it. A win's a win and I'll take that any day
    And we didn't fluke it anyway. We got complacent in the second half because we were so dominant in the first. That and we played our LB at CB and played Flamini again, gifting them a couple of goals. In general though we never looked like not winning.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    I'd like to see a Championship team win it tbh, put a bet on Middlesbrough as they might surprise people and the best bet of the Championship sides. Anyone know when was the last time a team from outside the top division won it?
    The last time a team won the FA cup from outside the top division was in 1980. West Ham United were in the second division when they won it beating Arsenal 1-0 in the final.

(Original post by e aí rapaz)
    And we didn't fluke it anyway. We got complacent in the second half because we were so dominant in the first. That and we played our LB at CB and played Flamini again, gifting them a couple of goals. In general though we never looked like not winning.
    Thank God for motd tonight, literally have no idea how this game went bar the result. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Since when has a club ever had a straightforward ride to the FA Cup? Scrappy results are still results. Still in the hat for the 5th round, I'd take a scrappy win over a replay against a league two team.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a neutral

ReputationRep:
    lol at people trying to bait arsenal fans when we are one of only 2 top8 teams who managed to win this weekend
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Paulista set to be completed overnight, pending a work permit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    lol at people trying to bait arsenal fans when we are one of only 2 top8 teams who managed to win this weekend
    Next thing they'll say is that the fa cup is pointless
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    All hail Rosicky. Great ball for Ozil's goal, and his finish was great too. Poor clearance for the first Brighton goal, and his trick pass where he looked the other way wasn't that amazing I don't think, but he performed really well today.

ReputationRep:
    So Szcz is our cup keeper for the rest of the season?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.