Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

CoC Semi-Final Live: Chelsea v Liverpool 27/01 watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Far too wasteful going forward, and far too leggy towards the end of the tie. We were tired and overrun, that much was clear.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    genuinly starting to think that rodgers inability to buy a decent attacker last summer, is a worse offense tihs season then wengers inability to buy a decent defender..

Atleast wenger fixed his mistake in january
    Well of course it is, it was a crime not to push on for Alexis at least (and rightly so ) they've been using a makeshift centre forward in Sterling and that alone tells one you need a proper quality striker. Tbf only a handful on this forum predicted Balotelli would flop when it came to the whole Welbeck v Balotelli argument. The poor guy's only 24, if he was older he probably would have been shipped off to the MLS or some random club in Saudi Arabia come the end of the season.

Yeah, relatively happy with this window so far from us. Just need Gabriel confirmed!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mourinho refusing to be drawn on the Costa incident here in his post-match interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hope this doesn't affect momentum too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Bit disappointed that Rodgers stuck to 3-4-3 for so long. It wasn't quite working and it might have been better to try a different tactic.

Think both teams will be a bit flat at the weekend after that performance. Would love to know the distance covered by the players if anyone can find the statistics?
    It was more the subs rather than the formation which was the problem, we needed fresh energetic legs and it should have been Lallana to come on for Gerrard. Instead two immobile strikers were brought on....
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Lucas is the one that made the challenge. Dont blame Balo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Balo was marking Iva but in the mid decided to mark Costa / was caught ball watching.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Am I the only one who thinks Johnson's as equally at fault as Balotelli for the Ivanovic header?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Am I the only one who thinks Johnson's as equally at fault as Balotelli for the Ivanovic header?
    Yeah same here, they were both caught ball watching in the end and didn't stick with the runs of the men they were marking.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it should have really been Johnson on Ivanovic the whole time rather than Balo having that responsibility. Balo is not a defender and Ivan can be a beast in the air.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Yeah same here, they were both caught ball watching in the end and didn't stick with the runs of the men they were marking.
    Arguably worse for Johnson too, of course, given he's a defensive player.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    "I used to watch Zouma at St Ettiene" Ok mate.

I like Jamie Redknapp and everything but what qualifications does he have to talk about football on tv other than his dad, seriously now it's just painful watching him get wrecked by Thierry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by samir12)
    Tbh it should have really been Johnson on Ivanovic the whole time rather than Balo having that responsibility. Balo is not a defender and Ivan can be a beast in the air.
    Exactly. It's worse for Johnson because he's a defensive operator.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. It's worse for Johnson because he's a defensive operator.
    In the end it made no difference to the result as we couldn't score. But in a PL game it's really unforgivable.

ReputationRep:
    Arguably worse for Johnson too, of course, given he's a defensive player.
    I heard some rumors that we are gonna give him a new contract, I just want him to **** off already-more often than not he's a defensive liability. He's way past it, he should just go and play somewhere in Spain/Italy.

ReputationRep:
    I imagine we'll splash big on a striker in the summer.
    me too.
    the quality of the striker will definitely depends on whether we make top 4.

if we get 4th place, i actually reckon we'd go for somebody like benzema for 40-50m.
    if we don't make top 4, i expect we'll vastly overpay on a kid deemed the "next neymar" or something similar...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Hope this doesn't affect momentum too much.
    i doubt it.
    we'll be disappointed but in reality we lost 2-1 over 2 legs to the best team in the country with much better players.

with sturridge coming back and with us in great league form, i think we'll be fine going in to these tough games.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    x
    You disappeared. Welcome back.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, always felt like Chelsea had a slight upper hand in terms of the defence and Hazard in attack.

Yea we had the better chances but no one clinical to finish anything today.
    Honestly after watching the game think we were the better team from the second half onwards. You guys did play well but the introduction of Ramires changed the game for us. Thought we might need to drop Fabregas for games like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Honestly after watching the game think we were the better team from the second half onwards. You guys did play well but the introduction of Ramires changed the game for us. Thought we might need to drop Fabregas for games like this.
    That Ramires sub is what Rodgers should have done with Liverpool, we needed legs in the midfield so Lallana should have come on for Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    You disappeared. Welcome back.
    i'm not one to run away when we lose :P

overall we performed better over the two legs but we didn't deserve the win.
    no team that misses that many opportunities to get through.
    chelsea were poor in general and even though we handed the tie to them, they did enough to get through and fair play to them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.