sos, repeated reply by accident...
Deedle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What did you get for your AS level?
I got 4 As - maths, French, art, and ICT
It's pure coincidence. They don't choose people on the basis of gender, it just seems to be the case that more boys apply from computer sciences than girls, or maybe their applicants are just better. It's like in Law this year there are 9 girls and one boy Purely because there weren't many decent male applicants. So don't let it discourage you- they will probably be pleased to have a girl apply for that subject- it's quite a rarity
Nah we're just a minority It's mostly perceived as a boys' subject

Dee xxx
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Deedle)
I got 4 As - maths, French, art, and ICT

Nah we're just a minority It's mostly perceived as a boys' subject

Dee xxx
What are your UMS marks?

how many female do ComSci in Caius?

What are the lowest UMS marks these ComSci-ist get in Caius for their As level/A level?

sos about all these questions, just want to make sure that I make the right decision!!:confused:
Deedle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What are your UMS marks?
Don't know off the top of my head, I'll have a look and get back to you
Dee xxx
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Deedle)
Don't know off the top of my head, I'll have a look and get back to you
Dee xxx
That would be great!!!!
shootbangfire
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is anyone else getting really nervous about results now that exams are over?

These basically determine what unis we get a chance of getting offers from.
Neutral_Tones
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, very much so! I keep going over the exams in my head! I know this sounds easy to say, but try not to think about if possible, they're over now and there's not much we can do (actually, that makes me feel even worse )!

Ah well, whatever I get, won't stop me turning up on July 5th Open Day... I just received the info from Caius, I'm getting rather over-excited now! (Ok it's strange I know, but I have nothing much else to look forward to.)
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When did you receive the info from Caius? coz Ive booked the one on the 6th as well as the general openday, and I have already receive info on the general one but not with Caius.....??

I still have two more modules to do next week, fortunately, it will all be over by wednesday afternoon! No more exams for ..... sixth month!!
Neutral_Tones
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Caius info I got today, but it could be because I'm going on the July 5th one? Well the info I got says that the day programme starts at 9, if you need to get train tickets or anything! If you don't get it soon, PM me and I'll send it to you somehow (if I can work out how to use that technology!)

Good luck for those!
Deedle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is anyone else getting really nervous about results now that exams are over?
lucky people! I've still got 4 more!! :P

(I'm still looking for my mod results by the by. I put them in a safe place so safe I can't find it :rolleyes: )

Dee xxx
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i have 10
shootbangfire
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by 01yaoos)
When did you receive the info from Caius? coz Ive booked the one on the 6th as well as the general openday, and I have already receive info on the general one but not with Caius.....??

I still have two more modules to do next week, fortunately, it will all be over by wednesday afternoon! No more exams for ..... sixth month!!
oooh! i will see you there!

who else is going on the 6th?
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shootbangfire)
oooh! i will see you there!

who else is going on the 6th?
Are you going on the 6th as well?

are you also going to the general open day one? or just purel Caius?

looking forward....
shootbangfire
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, until a second ago I was just going to Caius, didn't realise you had to register for both, but now I'm booked for both.

I'm looking forward to it too, I've never been to Cambridge before.
DrCube
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
how many female do ComSci in Caius?
One at the moment. That's one more than at most colleges.

What are the lowest UMS marks these ComSci-ist get in Caius for their As level/A level?
*shrug*
Tomas
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't know if this is made official yet, but I got this is the Caius timetable for Friday 6th July from my future Director of Studies:

09:00 Refreshments
09:30 Talk about studying at Cambridge
10:10 Talks by current students
10:30 Meetings with directors of studies
11:15 Talk about applying to Cambridge
12:00 Tour of the College
12:30 Lunch

The person in charge of the Open Day accommodation/organisation at Caius hasn't sent the details to me either - I suppose they'll do it sometime next week.

I'm coming to Caius on the morning of Thursday 5th and will attend the Computer Lab Open Day. 01yaoos or anyone else applying for CompSci, you might want to attend that as well if you're pretty certain you want to do CompSci, since otherwise you probably won't know much what it is like at Cambridge. See http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/admissions/u...duate/openday/

I'll be travelling there alone unless a buddy of mine can get two days off from work (which is unlikely), so if anyone wants to meet up feel free to add me to MSN: tomas AT pfister DOT fi

And as a final note: 01yaoos, to be honest, I don't think you need to worry about specific grades. As long as you are interested in the subject and aren't much below average at school, I'd say it's worth applying. Your performance at the interview is what matters perhaps most. Even if you don't get in, you will have had a unique experience. And in that case you'll still have 5 other UCAS unis that you can get into! There are girls studying CompSci, but they are a minority. CompSci used to be stereotyped as a male subject, but it seems as if that stereotype is slowly wearing off. You will have lots of guys around you during the lectures - it's up to you whether you see that as a positive or negative thing. That does not in any case stop you from making friends with non-CompScis at the College.

If you still want specific answers to your questions, like grade requirements, just ask an Admissions Tutor at the Open Day - they will be happy to tell you.
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tomas)
I don't know if this is made official yet, but I got this is the Caius timetable for Friday 6th July from my future Director of Studies:

The person in charge of the Open Day accommodation/organisation at Caius hasn't sent the details to me either - I suppose they'll do it sometime next week.

I'm coming to Caius on the morning of Thursday 5th and will attend the Computer Lab Open Day. 01yaoos or anyone else applying for CompSci, you might want to attend that as well if you're pretty certain you want to do CompSci, since otherwise you probably won't know much what it is like at Cambridge. See http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/admissions/u...duate/openday/

I'll be travelling there alone unless a buddy of mine can get two days off from work (which is unlikely), so if anyone wants to meet up feel free to add me to MSN: tomas AT pfister DOT fi
Well, I am hoping to visit the comLab sometime on the 6th after Caius and have a look around other colleges as well, just to see what's out there really!

Are you staying over at Caius on the 5th for the openday next day? because I am not sure whether or not I should do that as it takes me nearly 3 hours to get to cambridge!!! what do you recone?

I might contact them and see if there are still accommendation availble.... not sure yet!!

EDIT// the form says that their accomendation are full already... so I guess a early night sleep would be necessary!
Tomas
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, I am hoping to visit the comLab sometime on the 6th after Caius and have a look around other colleges as well, just to see what's out there really!
Do that, but note that there are no talks in the Computer Lab on Friday - you have to look around yourself and won't get detailed information of what is going on in the field of CompSci at Cambridge (information which, I'm sure, could be of some use at interviews as well).

Are you staying over at Caius on the 5th for the openday next day? because I am not sure whether or not I should do that as it takes me nearly 3 hours to get to cambridge!!! what do you recone?

I might contact them and see if there are still accommendation availble.... not sure yet!!

EDIT// the form says that their accomendation are full already... so I guess a early night sleep would be necessary!
I'm staying over at Caius the nights of Thursday and Friday myself. Sorry to hear they're full: you could still check with some other colleges. Or you could always stay over at one of the guesthouses: there are plenty of them around, I can give you the addresses of some if you like. My mother stayed over at one of them when I went for interviews.
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tomas)
Do that, but note that there are no talks in the Computer Lab on Friday - you have to look around yourself and won't get detailed information of what is going on in the field of CompSci at Cambridge (information which, I'm sure, could be of some use at interviews as well).
On the 6th of July, it also offers subect talk ay 2.30~3.15 at the lecre theatre 1, according to the Cambridge Openday programme, and as Caius finish around lunch time, I might pop over there and get more info on the department. Although, not sure whether will meet the directors of study in the dep. though!

(Original post by Tomas)
I'm staying over at Caius the nights of Thursday and Friday myself. Sorry to hear they're full: you could still check with some other colleges. Or you could always stay over at one of the guesthouses: there are plenty of them around, I can give you the addresses of some if you like. My mother stayed over at one of them when I went for interviews.
I am going to phone them tomorrow to see whether it would be possible, if not.... I will have to think through possible plans.... not sure ~
Deedle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i have 10
ick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (121)
39.54%
No - but I will (16)
5.23%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.69%

Watched Threads