I'm a British Pakistani, AMA Watch

Graceful_Lawyer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PPF)
By the way are there any university students here?
How do you deal with no access to Pakistani food?

Sookha Peekha khana kha kha kar takh gaya hoon yaar.
I'm a uni student but I always have access to Ammi's food haha. I commute to uni that's why. I actually feel sorry for uni students, Ammi ka khana is the best!

App khana bana na seekh ley phir. A cousin of mine know how to make biryaani, all cos he was leaving for uni.
PPF
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Graceful_Lawyer)
I don't know but I heard that Arians are seen as 'Arian gande khayain' meaning 'Arian eats onions a lot'. Not the trustworthy thing. We are so shareef log!
What language is that? Arain eat onions would be Arain pyaaz khayain.
Or is it implicit because gande means bad and they may be implying that onions are bad or that arains have bad eating habits?
PPF
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a uni student but I always have access to Ammi's food haha. I commute to uni that's why. I actually feel sorry for uni students, Ammi ka khana is the best!

App khana bana na seekh ley phir. A cousin of mine know how to make biryaani, all cos he was leaving for uni.
Bohat koshish kee hai maine. Hamesha fail huwa hoon. Ab teesre saal mein cereal khane ki aadat ho gayi hai

I miss those fresh rotis..
Graceful_Lawyer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PPF)
What language is that? Arain eat onions would be Arain pyaaz khayain.
Or is it implicit because gande means bad and they may be implying that onions are bad or that arains have bad eating habits?
Lol not gande as in bad but gandaaay as in like punjabi word for payaaz.

Listen bhai saab! We Arians are achay shareef log with good habits! Please app hame badnaam na kare.
Graceful_Lawyer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PPF)
Bohat koshish kee hai maine. Hamesha fail huwa hoon. Ab teesre saal mein cereal khane ki aadat ho gayi hai

Haha Allah! Well, you can get desi food from different places but can be expensive on a daily basis. So, I guess the best option would be to learn khana bana na

Rotis haha you should be able to at least make a tayrii mayrii roti. But I know fresh roti made by Ammi is the best !
perfezione
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cake_lover)
I have the same lips and also have long eyelashes, otherwise no.

Because of samosas and lassi

Finish uni, get a job, become a qualified accountant and visit different countries over time.
you dont mind a plus one do u ?
hukdealz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PPF)

Lots of try hard to...........
Forever will fail
Your habit in your entire life is to eat cereal
I miss those fresh rotis
PPF
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha Allah! Well, you can get desi food from different places but can be expensive on a daily basis. So, I guess the best option would be to learn khana bana na

Rotis haha you should be able to at least make a tayrii mayrii roti. But I know fresh roti made by Ammi is the best !
MashAllah aapki urdu kaafi saaf hai iss mulk mein rehne ke bawajood.
PPF
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hukdealz)
Lots of try hard to...........
Forever will fail
Your habit in your entire life is to eat cereal
I miss those fresh rotis
Lol.

I have tried very hard - implicitly referring to learning how to cook
But I have always failed.
I have now become accustomed to eating cereal (because I haven't been able to learn how to cook)
I miss those fresh rotis - rotis, ofcourse, are pakistani bread or chappatis etc.
Graceful_Lawyer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PPF)
MashAllah aapki urdu kaafi saaf hai iss mulk mein rehne ke bawajood.
Jee bilkul bilkul Alhumdullilah, baas Allah ka karam aur Maa baap ki koshish ka nateeja hai haha. Your Urdu is good too.
cake_lover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by TheMouseyS)
So true! The average man on the street wouldn't (but should) know that the region that is now Pakistan is the literal cradle of civilisation. The first civilisation known to man (Indus Valley civilisation) was founded there and one of the world's earliest cities, Mohenjo-Daro, can still be visited to this day. 2600BC! That's ancient by ancient Greek standards, and if that doesn't make Pakistan a country worth visiting, I don't know what would!

It's sad that many Pakistanis (mainly British-Pakistanis) don't know or appreciate what amazing heritage they have. I'd say we have the richest history you could wish for
South Asian history is amazing, I just feel European history is shoved down our throats and made to seem superior. -_-

I just wish more British Pakistanis would look into their history, and realize we wearnt always Muslim, but still admire and appreciate the pre-Islamic history.
Omar.Q
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol not gande as in bad but gandaaay as in like punjabi word for payaaz.

Listen bhai saab! We Arians are achay shareef log with good habits! Please app hame badnaam na kare.
you speak for all arians?
Graceful_Lawyer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Omar.Q)
you speak for all arians?
Lol of course not! But most of the Arians are shareef. I mean if you generalise. Please don't hate ! :|
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by PPF)
By the way are there any university students here?
How do you deal with no access to Pakistani food?

Sookha Peekha khana kha kha kar takh gaya hoon yaar.
My mum always gives me some biryani (a days worth), and lots of tubs of keema and daal, I just freeze them and then eat them with pasta or bread/pita bread, that's the best I can do. I just need some food with Lil spice to remind me of home lol. I do visit home every two weeks so I'm well stocked up and mum always prepares a nice meal involving chicken when I visit, so nice of her! (I love chicken lol)
Chakede
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
South Asian history is amazing, I just feel European history is shoved down our throats and made to seem superior. -_-

I just wish more British Pakistanis would look into their history, and realize we wearnt always Muslim, but still admire and appreciate the pre-Islamic history.
dude the British helped rediscover indias now world renowned civilisations in the indus valley, aryan acheology etc - they were obsessed with it when they found we had full cities older than the Pyramids. - it was the arab muslims that supressed this history when they invaded now modern afganistan and pakistan and tried to remove its hindu and buddhist roots from the record

the reason why british pakistanis dont know of the wealth of their own history is basically cause of islam- which was the doctrine of their slave masters of the past.
cake_lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by perfezione)
you dont mind a plus one do u ?
Of course not, more the better! Whether I'm alone or with someone, I just want to experience different cultures and places
Omar.Q
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol of course not! But most of the Arians are shareef. I mean if you generalise. Please don't hate ! :|
lool i was not going to hate i was just asking , just reading on wiki arians were majority farmers etc?
Graceful_Lawyer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Omar.Q)
lool i was not going to hate i was just asking , just reading on wiki arians were majority farmers etc?
Oops! Sorry for assuming that.

And yes..Arians have farms and land. Basically farmers.
perfezione
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course not, more the better! Whether I'm alone or with someone, I just want to experience different cultures and places
well il be waiting for the ticket around the world then
PPF
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Jee bilkul bilkul Alhumdullilah, baas Allah ka karam aur Maa baap ki koshish ka nateeja hai haha. Your Urdu is good too.
Jo Mein Sar Basajda Huwa Kabhi To Zameen Se Ane Lagi Sada
Tera Dil To Hai Sanam Ashna, Tujhe Kya Mile Ga Namaz Mein

Behen G yeh samajh mein aa raha hai?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (59)
67.05%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.36%

Watched Threads