The Student Room Group

Edexcel M4 Exam Discussion Thread [June 5th]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gawain
I think I misread the relative velocity as due East rather than from East so I got a bearing of 76 but it should be 104 I think.

Surely it should still be 76 as your velocity(Vw=16i+4j I think) was where the wind was blowing from anyway so finding the angle of that would give you the direction the wind was blowing from.
Original post by TeeEm

Hi would you know when teachers get the Edexcel maths exam timetable?
(for 2016)
Reply 222
Original post by demigawdz
(for 2016)

the provisional maybe out now
the final by december
Reply 223
ONLY 10 people voted in the M4 poll?
Digraceful

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3382869
[QUOTE="shan2097;56632887"]
Original post by CowsWhoStare
what was everyone getting if you wrote the direction if the wind as a bearing?

I got 284. 360 - arctan (16/4).

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thats what i was getting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same there, i'm sure we got all M marks, the maximum lose is one A mark.

[QUOTE="CowsWhoStare;56637831"]
Original post by shan2097

yeah thats what i was getting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by demigawdz
(for 2016)

It's on the Edexcel website here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables/7738-GCE-June-2016-Provisional-v2.pdf

(It's not hard to find, you follow the link ontheir front page which says "examination timetables").
Original post by tiny hobbit
It's on the Edexcel website here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables/7738-GCE-June-2016-Provisional-v2.pdf

(It's not hard to find, you follow the link ontheir front page which says "examination timetables":wink:.

thank you
exams are quite late next year
Paper uploaded.

Cheers
Original post by |-Solutions-|
Paper uploaded.

Cheers

Nice!
Hi guys, i will be doing further maths as an external candidate. i want some advice. so i like mechanics more than further pure so im more inclined to do fp2 m3 m4 than fp2 fp3 m3. what do you guys think since you've already started it and which part of the previous unit will I build upon in m3 m4 and fp2 ,,, ive done c1-c4, d1 fp1 s1 m1 m2,,, thanks
Original post by ChuckNorriss
Hi guys, i will be doing further maths as an external candidate. i want some advice. so i like mechanics more than further pure so im more inclined to do fp2 m3 m4 than fp2 fp3 m3. what do you guys think since you've already started it and which part of the previous unit will I build upon in m3 m4 and fp2 ,,, ive done c1-c4, d1 fp1 s1 m1 m2,,, thanks

M4 requires vectors and some geometry for relative motion , differential equations (first and second order) for damped oscillations and variable resistance of air. The concepts are not really difficult in neither M3 nor M4, however you should know that exams are quiet tiring with lots of calculations in M3 and many directions in M4 (relative motion).
do any of you guys recommend doing questions of the old M4 book? (most old books tend to have many mistakes) there aren't enough past papers lol
Reply 234
do any of you guys recommend doing questions of the old M4 book? (most old books tend to have many mistakes) there aren't enough past papers lol

definitely

The specification hasn't changed since the exam in January 2002, so there are 21 past papers.
Isn't M4 on the 15th of June this year and not the 5th as a 5th is a Sunday.

[edit: wrong thread XD]
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending